Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

"Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane (24943 Views)

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ / Hemp Tipped To Be England's Shining Light At Euro 2022 / Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by SirLakes: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Adakintroy:

Wenger is a far superior manager to izu..they don't even come close. Champions League what. Pochentino will do better will Ronaldo and modric or bale. So will the likes Diego simione. If they can play with godin, koke, and wash up tores. Imagine what they will do with Ronaldo, bale, casmero, Kross and ramos.

Wenger can play with walcot, gibbs, wishers and still manage to serve up decent football that is pleasing to the eye. Imagine what he will do with modric, Kross, ramos verane.

Until people like Zidane play with no world best and still do the unthinkable then they earn my respect. For now Pochentino is a better coach than zidan. Those Ronaldo don't need coaching any way.

I cant agree more.. Wenger did brilliantly well at assnal with the quality of players he had.

I respek him wink
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by ebereokey(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wenger is back to his senses after leaving Arsenal.He would have suffered heart attack by now.As a Chelsea fan I always pity him so much esspecially if we play with him. Wenger pls tel Zidene the whole truth
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Foodforthought: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hizzy:

Last Sixteen don reach time to differentiate boys from Men
Let's exchange barca xi for Tottenham xi....then we see comes up better. Men in ur own context are those that have 1bn worth of players in their ranks...of course the teams with all the stars will be favorites. Let me remind you that the Liverpool side that reached the final last seasons also stopped another epl side man city from reaching there. there was an English side in all the stages of the UCL last season. so what makes EPL teams overrated?
Salah, Kane, De bruyne, hazard, Pogba, lukaku, aguero, all play for EPL sides....
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2018
Foodforthought:

Let's exchange barca xi for Tottenham xi....then we see comes up better. Men in ur own context are those that have 1bn worth of players in their ranks...of course the teams with all the stars will be favorites. Let me remind you that the Liverpool side that reached the final last seasons also stopped another epl side man city from reaching there. there was an English side in all the stages of the UCL last season. so what makes EPL teams overrated?
Salah, Kane, De bruyne, hazard, Pogba, lukaku, aguero, all play for EPL sides....
Can u compare any of the players above to Griezman
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by MPESA(m): 10:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hizzy:

Ata achi
Ezikwo England teams are over hyped
I must confess
Anyi abanyie go na Last Sixteen Ebe ebelebe ga egbu

grin cheesy
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Shikena(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hizzy:

Last Sixteen don reach time to differentiate boys from Men
That was already done at group stage.
At the end of the day only one team will remain standing.
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by chiboy1116: 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
grandstar:
Interesting Germany has a higher population than Britain yet does not match them.

Italy and France have about the same population but each can barely count 4 clubs worthy of the championship.

Margaret Thatchers economic reforms have left a long lasting mark even in football
does not match dem in what exactly? Germany has the largest economy in Europe , has a lesser j employment rate I guess , has more football fans than than the UK , has better stadiums . undecided
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by ofiko123(m): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
Sunofgod:
Wenger - how many champions league medals do you have?

...and your offering Zizo advice.

Chai!

no mind am grin
Sunofgod:

Chai!

no mind am
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by emmie14: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Sunofgod:

Chai!

Same people who supports APC. Same mentality. Wenger is a genius as a coach. The score table is not just champions league

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by grandstar(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
chiboy1116:
does not match dem in what exactly? Germany has the largest economy in Europe , has a lesser j employment rate I guess , has more football fans than than the UK , has better stadiums . undecided

I do agree Germany has the largest economy in Europe but Wenger's words of England having six clubs capable of playing in the championship was what I was referring to.

About employment, many say Britain is the place to be.

The labour market is not frigid like you have in most of mainland EU so is s job creation machine.

Its not a temp haven

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by chinchum(m): 12:21am On Dec 14, 2018
grandstar:
Interesting Germany has a higher population than Britain yet does not match them.

Italy and France have about the same population but each can barely count 4 clubs worthy of the championship.

Margaret Thatchers economic reforms have left a long lasting mark even in football
which economic reforms?? Germany is the strongest economy in europe. Footballwise, until the last 5 yrs in english premiership. It was always a two club tussle, the 3rd place was usually farther away in points.
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by grandstar(m): 12:51am On Dec 14, 2018
chinchum:
which economic reforms?? Germany is the strongest economy in europe. Footballwise, until the last 5 yrs in english premiership. It was always a two club tussle, the 3rd place was usually farther away in points.

Germany is definitely the largest economy in Europe but the strongest, I very much doubt it! Largest and strongest mean 2,different things.

Margaret Thatcher wasn't called the iron lady for nothing. She broke the unions, closed the loss making coal mines, privatised companies, deregulated labour laws and lowered taxes.

These reforms proved attractive to investors and they flooded the UK. European car manufacturers set up shop there fleeing their high production cost countries. Presently if I'm correct, the UK produces about 2m cars annually with the automotive sector employing a million workers.

These reforms I'm sure was also an attraction to investors like Abrahamovic, Qatar and a late Thai billionaire to invest in English football. Even Man U and Arsenal (not to sure of this) are in foreign hands.

I'm not a football expert but England has moved from just top 4 clubs a few years ago to 6 today.

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by grandstar(m): 12:58am On Dec 14, 2018
LZAA:

Maggie's what?? grin
Maggie destroyed english football wen SHE not uefa or fifa or even the notriously brownosing FA called for ALL english clubs to be banned after heysel
The hillsborough tragedy brought about the all seater stadiums u see today and that was due to the taylor committee not Thatcher.
Also the english league has the finance but in football terms it's behind serie A and La liga

I really don't know much about what you wrote up there but I'm talking about the economic reforms she introduced which has lured investors to the UK and eventually into English football.

4 of the top 6 English clubs are majority or if not fully foreign owned

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by LZAA: 1:20am On Dec 14, 2018
grandstar:

I really don't know much about what you wrote up there but I'm talking about the economic reforms she introduced which has lured investors to the UK and eventually into English football.

4 of the top 6 English clubs are majority or if not fully foreign owned
Sky money built the behemoth u call the "premier league" and until the early 00's ALL the club owners were english
Yes maggie did well for the economy but sport esp football was the least of her concerns infact she suggested that fans should wear i.ds to enter stadiums
Abrahomvich success with chelsea brought the boom of foreign owners
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by grandstar(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2018
LZAA:

Sky money built the behemoth u call the "premier league" and until the early 00's ALL the club owners were english
Yes maggie did well for the economy but sport esp football was the least of her concerns infact she suggested that fans should wear i.ds to enter stadiums
Abrahomvich success with chelsea brought the boom of foreign owners

And what attracted Sky to the UK?

When Maggie became prime minister, the British economy was in shambles with high inflation, restive unions and state owned companies that were bleeding the country dry. It was simply living off past glory.

There was even a time before she became prime minister, the British economy was briefly under the hands of the IMF. That's how low it sank.

Under Thatcher, she embarked on a number of economic reforms which are now common place such as privatization, lowered job destroying personal and company taxes to pragmatic levels and so much more.

Her reforms attracted investors in droves and also proved to be a job creating machine.

When Tony Blair won the election in 1996 or 1997, the Times or is Economist front cover said the real winner was Thatcher. Labour was now center left promising to adhere to the reforms she implemented.

Minorities are still sour with her become she was an til immigration. It however doesn't change the fact that her reforms inadvertantly proved a boon to migrants for the jobs it created.

Britain is the best place for social mobility for migrants in the EU.

Immigrants are desperate to cross from France to Britain because better opportunities awaits them in Britain.

You may not like her like many Britons or minorities but they are all beneficiaries of the reforms she implemented.

The lady by the way is not for turning

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Adakintroy: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2018
samuelchimmy:

Are you trying to say that pochetino is playing underclass players?

No not underclass by premiership stardards. But by world stardards or relative to Madrid standards. Far..far underlass and that's even putting it nicely.

Will you compare deji Ali to ronaldo (then in madrid) ..or lamela/sun to bale, or modric to Erickson. Casmero dier, kross to sissoko,, Ramos to sanchez, Macelo to rose.

Even Kovatich who barely plays for Madrid is a regular in chelsea.

Just give pochentino what Zidane worked with and give zidan what pochentino is working with . Less see if we will be having this discussions regularly.

No matter how technically gifted you are as a coach you will need good players to interpreted roles positively better. Zidane was fortunate, take nothing away from him though. But he was fortunate.

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 14, 2018
Shikena:

That was already done at group stage.
At the end of the day only one team will remain standing.
Yes u are correct
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by donshaddow(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2018
They said Pep would flop... As he?
Adakintroy:

Wenger is a far superior manager to izu..they don't even come close. Champions League what. Pochentino will do better will Ronaldo and modric or bale. So will the likes Diego simione. If they can play with godin, koke, and wash up tores. Imagine what they will do with Ronaldo, bale, casmero, Kross and ramos.

Wenger can play with walcot, gibbs, wishers and still manage to serve up decent football that is pleasing to the eye. Imagine what he will do with modric, Kross, ramos verane.

Until people like Zidane play with no world best and still do the unthinkable then they earn my respect. For now Pochentino is a better coach than zidan. Those Ronaldo don't need coaching any way.
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by LZAA: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2018
grandstar:

And what attracted Sky to the UK?

When Maggie became prime minister, the British economy was in shambles with high inflation, restive unions and state owned companies that were bleeding the country dry. It was simply living off past glory.

There was even a time before she became prime minister, the British economy was briefly under the hands of the IMF. That's how low it sank.

Under Thatcher, she embarked on a number of economic reforms which are now common place such as privatization, lowered job destroying personal and company taxes to pragmatic levels and so much more.

Her reforms attracted investors in droves and also proved to be a job creating machine.

When Tony Blair won the election in 1996 or 1997, the Times or is Economist front cover said the real winner was Thatcher. Labour was now center left promising to adhere to the reforms she implemented.

Minorities are still sour with her become she was an til immigration. It however doesn't change the fact that her reforms inadvertantly proved a boon to migrants for the jobs it created.

Britain is the best place for social mobility for migrants in the EU.

Immigrants are desperate to cross from France to Britain because better opportunities awaits them in Britain.

You may not like her like many Britons or minorities but they are all beneficiaries of the reforms she implemented.

The lady by the way is not for turning

Like i said she helped the economy
Also rupert murdoch was british i.e the founder of sky
And like i said earlier she did a fantastic job with the economy but she was never a sports fan
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by MrBONE2(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2018
notoriousbabe:
We should have special day for walking Unclad just to remember ADAM AND EVIL

Yes but a special month would be better grin
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by ameh99: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2018
africandictator:
*Arsenal got Emery and he signed 5 new players, its been a revolution for Arsenal according to their fans as they've gone 21 games unbeaten. This stage last year Arsenal were 5th but now after this huge progression they're still 5th* ���

*But at least they are playing Europa and last season they wer playing Europa again if I am not mistaken.I am now confused*

������

I think you are confuse grin grin grin
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Casemiro(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2018
> it is well

Wenger
choi shocked big momas garden Arsene Natural home remedies
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by grandstar(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2018
LZAA:

Like i said she helped the economy
Also rupert murdoch was british i.e the founder of sky
And like i said earlier she did a fantastic job with the economy but she was never a sports fan

Rupert Murdoch is actually Australian and now has American citizenship.

Yes she may not have been a sports fan but her economic reforms inadvertantly had beneficial effects in terms of investment in football.

A good policy may have many benefits, both intended and unintended. This was just one of them

1 Like

Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by MightyFortress: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2018
africandictator:
*Arsenal got Emery and he signed 5 new players, its been a revolution for Arsenal according to their fans as they've gone 21 games unbeaten. This stage last year Arsenal were 5th but now after this huge progression they're still 5th* ���

*But at least they are playing Europa and last season they wer playing Europa again if I am not mistaken.I am now confused*

������

lol
Re: "Work At The Top? It Has To Be England" - Arsene Wenger To Zinedine Zidane by Sportdab(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
donproject:

I just checked out your site now...it is nice, pray your mission be accomplished.

Amen sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burnaboy Sends Two Talents From His Football Academy To Europe For Trials (vid) / D'tigress Wins First World Cup Game 2018, Makes History / "BVB Loves Naija" Borussia Dortmund Tweets About Ikpeba, Oliseh And Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.