Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ (14954 Views)

He Makes It More Exciting – Messi Lauds Rival Oblak As ‘one Of The Best / Messi Ranks Ahead Of CR 7 In The 100 Greatest Players Of The 21st Century / Frank Lampard Pays Tribute To Drogba As He Retires, Calls Him "Monster" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by AImiron: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2023
Argentina and Inter Miami superstar Lionel Messi showered praise on legendary French footballer Zinedine Zidane in a recent interview.

Zidane is widely regarded as one of the finest players to grace the football field. The Frenchman was known for his immaculate playmaking skills, dribbling ability, and elegance on the ball.

Zidane won 13 major titles for club and country, including the FIFA World Cup (1998) and the UEFA Champions League (2001-02), during a 17-year-long senior career.

The 1998 Ballon d'Or winner made over 200 appearances each for Juventus and Real Madrid before hanging up his boots in 2006.

Messi recently sat down with the 51-year-old Frenchman for an interview put in place by Adidas Football. The Argentine superstar lauded Zidane and called him 'one of the greatest players in history'.

Messi said (h/t @AlbicelesteTalk on X):

"I am not saying this because he is here, but I have said it several times before. Zidane is one of the greatest players in history, and I have always admired and loved him. I used to follow him a lot in Madrid and I also suffered from him a lot because I am from Barcelona. Zidane is elegance, art, magic and everything.”

I have many memories of him, including his goal against Leverkusen in the Champions League final, his goals against Brazil in the World Cup final, the iconic spinning move he used to do, and the famous Valencia goal."

Like Messi, Zidane played in two FIFA World Cup finals — losing and winning one each. He scored a brace in the 1998 edition when France beat Brazil 3-0 in the final and also got his name on the scoresheet in the 2006 final against Italy. However, He was sent off for a headbutt on Marco Materazzi, with Les Bleus losing the final on penalties.

" I have not regretted anything in my career, but the 2014 World Cup final is still stuck in my mind, although I can forget it a little with this World Cup..."

Messi scored four goals and provided an assist in six 2014 FIFA World Cup matches before the final against Germany. But the former Barcelona superstar was largely kept quiet by the German's solid backline.Mario Gotze came on in extra time to score the winner and hand Germany their fourth FIFA World Cup title. Eight and a half years later, Messi finally got his hands on the coveted trophy when Argentina beat France in the final on penalties (3-3 A.E.T).

SOURCE

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by God1000(m): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2023
Two iconic footballers, I so much admire the humility of Messi.

Meanwhile my heart bleeds as the war rages on in Gaza with nearly 12,000 Palestinian deaths, displacement and complete destruction of infrastructure by apartheid Israeli government, I urge the christian extremists supporting the genocide to repent or face the wrath of almighty God.

Israelis are not even christians, so why supporting them.

Israelis are the greatest mass murderers in modern times and they will be held accountable for all their atrocities

Some of you supporting the massacre of innocent women, children and the elderly are worse than ISIS and Hamas

I hate Israelis because they are the most despicable and hateful people on earth, these folks recently threw away the blood some Africans willingly donated to save their lives

46 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by LIVINGICONREBOR: 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2023
Dat is just the plain truth. Zidane was indeed a phenomenon in his playing days. Dat roberto carlos's pull out to Zidane and with him finishing it off with an acrobatic spinner was pure football artistry. Damn!!🤔

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by OJEEMAH(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
If you didn’t enjoy watching Zizou during his playing days, then you no love football.

Zidane was class

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by ThierryJay: 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Some people can’t relate.

grin grin grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by OJEEMAH(m): 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
ThierryJay:

grin grin grin

😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by OJEEMAH(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2023
some people can’t relate

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by mayor1814: 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
Normally history best players list is like this, devoid of sentiment:

Messi,
Maradona,
Pele,
Cruyff,
Beckenbaeur,
Zidane,
Ronaldo de Lima,
C. Ronaldo,

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by maled: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2023
The best appreciates the best

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by ArmaniUhuru: 6:58am On Nov 10, 2023
The GOAT wannabe in Saudi won’t like this. grin grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:58am On Nov 10, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE

Real Recog REAL.

1 Like

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by AbelAbdul: 6:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Please can someone give me a permanent solution to this belt cutting in my Honda Civic 06. I have done everything I can. I have changed belt adjuster, change pulley buy Belgium belts yet no way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by phkka1(m): 6:58am On Nov 10, 2023
When Zidane will nod you...

4 Likes

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Raskimonojendor: 6:58am On Nov 10, 2023
Prof Zinedane Zidane was a delight to watch with that his bald head in the centre. The football stays glued to his feet.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Beverlyjean(f): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
The balon dor bandit

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by BarrElChapo(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
😂
Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Alhajikd: 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
sad
Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Yugoslavia247(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2023
God1000:

Meanwhile my heart bleeds as the war rages on in Gaza with nearly 12,000 Palestinian deaths, displacement and complete destruction of infrastructure by apartheid Israeli government, I urge the christian extremists supporting the genocide to repent or face the wrath of almighty God.

Israelis are the greatest mass murderers in modern times and they will be held accountable for all their atrocities

Some of you supporting the massacre of innocent women, children and the elderly are worse than ISIS and Hamas

I hate Israelis because they are the most despicable and hateful people on earth, these folks recently threw away the blood some Africans willingly donated to save their lives

Yeah. I will never support those whose book calls us infidels. To them Non Muslim are infidels.

Punishment for being a non Muslim is death, rape and kidnapping.

No wonder in china Islam is seen as a mental illness.
Imagine from childhood you read about killing and raping non Muslims.

We have many cultures and religion. In 21st century no religions talks about killing others

But Islam is hell bent on death of non believers.

Death to all Islamic terrorist
All terrorist are Muslims.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by jojothaiv(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2023
One legend to the other, I always tip my hat to this...

1 Like

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Blake755: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Zidane nah head of state cheesy sad

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by drips8(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2023
Legend recognizes another Legend.

The only players to score, win MOTM in the World Cup final and still win the World Cup.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by victory36(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
mayor1814:
Normally history best players list is like this, devoid of sentiment:

Messi,
Maradona,
Pele,
Cruyff,
Beckenbaeur,
Zidane,
Ronaldo de Lima,
C. Ronaldo,

backyard made list undecided

1 Like

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by clefstone(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Prof Zinedane Zidane was a delight to watch with that his bald head in the centre. The football stays glued to his feet.
pure artist. Never missed a player as much as I miss him

2 Likes

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Kay25(m): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2023
God1000:

U can go join hamas to fight Israel...when hamas struck Israel what were they expecting a gentle lion to not roar?dey play

15 Likes

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by tommy589(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Zidane makes football look so simple like knife cutting through butter

8 Likes

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by CooldipoMPS: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2023
cheesy
Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by Tayorshd87: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2023
Before nko
Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by israelmao(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2023
God1000:

Your call for peace treaty/pact needs realignment and readjustment for balance so that you will not be mistaken for one of the terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2023
World Cup winners!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Lauds Zinedine Zidane, Calls Him 'One Of The Greatest Players In History’ by lanre316: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2023
God1000:

You sow the wind, you reap whirlwind.

Hamas started this. Israel reacted strongly to their actions. Why are you not criticizing Hamas?

Hypocrite. All your evil propaganda against Israel won't work.

Jews are not Christians. They don't turn the other cheek when you slap them. They retaliate 7-fold and damage your face.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fenerbache Contacts Leicester City For Super Eagles Star, Iheanacho / Salah, Osimhen Or Hakimi... Who Deserves CAF 2023 Best Player Award? / My Ideal Nigeria Formation Against Ivory Coast And Why Kelechi Is Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.