Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,542 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu (504 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / What I Will Do If I’m Attacked Abroad – Amaechi / What My Government Will Do If I’m Elected As President – Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by 8Ebisco: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2018
Lagos State governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 election, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has assured members of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) that he will ensure that Lagos State University (LASU) gets Faculty of Pharmacy if elected as the Governor.

Sanwo-Olu made the promise on Thursday during his interactive session with the Lagos State chapter of PSN. He said the state university after more than three decades of existence should be a centre of academic excellence for the production of manpower in the field of pharmacy.

According to him, “To strengthen the profession and boost manpower in the field of Pharmacy I am convinced that our state university should have a faculty of Pharmacy. If elected, we will make sure LASU within our 4 years have faculty of Pharmacy. It is not just right that we have Medical College without faculty of Pharmacy. I am promising you that our government will ensure that everything is done to make faculty of Pharmacy a reality for the state-owned university.

“As professional body of pharmacists, I will implore you to give us a position paper on what we need to do that will enable us achieve our objective and I can assure that as government, we will do all within our powers to make it a reality.”

The APC gubernatorial candidate told the pharmacists the importance he attached to their profession and the entire health sector in general.

“Your profession is one of the most important fields for human existence. No one can joke with the health sector. So when I received your invitation, I pledged to attend this event regardless of my schedule because it is about health and we must listen to you,” he said.

The chairman of Lagos State chapter of the PSN, Mrs. BTO Adeniran, urged Sanwo-Olu to help pharmacists practicing in the state when he gets into government. She described the issue of turnaround time in getting drugs at government hospitals across the state as very cumbersome.

“We need the government to look into the welfare and working condition of pharmacist working in Lagos State. We want upward review of salary and allowances. On capacity development, we need more training for our members so we can serve the state and the public better as integral part of the health system,” the PSN Lagos State Chairman said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/14/lasu-will-get-faculty-pharmacy-im-elected-lagos-governor-sanwo-olu/

Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by Niorte: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2018
This man is just promising everything. We have to be careful of one who tries to appeal to everyone because at the end, they deny everything they promise with excuses
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by yanabasee(m): 7:50am On Dec 14, 2018
Infrastructural development will suffer hugely IF this tinubu zombie take over Lagos state......

1 Like

Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by justfash50: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2018
Niorte:
This man is just promising everything. We have to be careful of one who tries to appeal to everyone because at the end, they deny everything they promise with excuses

You know absolutely nothing about SANWO EKO that is why. He is a man of his words to the letter I can bet you and he is here to implement and manage the strategic plans he formulated for Lagos state.

The man of the MOMENT, Sanwo Eko has been tested, his leadership style in various positions held in the past speaks volume.
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by Kenekingisback: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2018
Scammer
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by deboysben(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2018
Make sure you fulfill all these promises you are making up and down or else thunder go fire you
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by Niorte: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2018
justfash50:

You know absolutely nothing about SANWO EKO that is why. He is a man of his words to the letter I can bet you and he is here to implement and manage the strategic plans he formulated for Lagos state.

The man of the MOMENT, Sanwo Eko has been tested, his leadership style in various positions held in the past speaks volume.
Tell us something about him then. You that know EVERYTHING about him.

My question to you.... Do you think Sanwo-olu can go ahead to implement a good policy he believes in if his godfather Tinubu says NO?
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by Eberechi24(f): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2018
Lagosians over to una.
Las Las na una go suffer am if the man fails.
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by efighter: 10:04am On Dec 14, 2018
Niorte:

Tell us something about him then. You that know EVERYTHING about him.

My question to you.... Do you think Sanwo-olu can go ahead to implement a good policy he believes in if his godfather Tinubu says NO?

Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu (born June 25, 1965) is a Politician from Lagos State who contested and won the gubernatorial primaries under the All Progressives Congress against incumbent governor, Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State in October 2018.[1][2] He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, as well as the London Business School, Lagos Business School and the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Prior to his gubernatorial ambition, he was the Managing Director/CEO of Lagos State Property Development Commission (LSPDC).

Education
Sanwo-Olu has a BSc in Surveying and an MBA from the University of Lagos. He is an alumnus of the John F. Kennedy School of Government, the London Business School and the Lagos Business School.[5]

He is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).

Career
Banking
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was the treasurer at former Lead Merchant Bank from 1994 to 1997 after which he moved to the United Bank for Africa as the head of foreign money market. He then proceeded to First Inland Bank, Plc (now First City Monument Bank) as a deputy general manager and divisional head. He was the chairman of Baywatch Group Limited and First Class Group Limited. He is a board member of the Department for International Development (DFID/DEEPEN) Fund and Audit Committee of Caverton Offshore Services Group, PLC.

Public service
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu began his political career in 2003, when he was appointed a Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then deputy governor of Lagos State, Femi Pedro. He was later made the acting Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget until 2007, when he became the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry by then Governor, Bola Tinubu. After the General Elections of 2007, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions by Governor Babatunde Fashola. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was made Managing Director/CEO of the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode in 2016.[6][7]

Some of his notable public sector achievements include the supervision of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) privatization projects.[8] He set up and was the Pioneer Board Chairman of Lagos Security Trust Fund. The LAGBUS System and the Control & Command Centre in Alausa were subsequently established under his directives.

Politics
On 16th September 2018, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu formally declared his intention to run for the office of the governor of Lagos State under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Party, making him a major contender to the incumbent governor Akinwunmi Ambode.[8]

His declaration attracted endorsements from major stakeholders in Lagos State politics; including the Governor’s Advisory Council of the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress[9] and members of the Lagos State House of Assembly,[10] which led to withdrawal of Dr. Femi Hamzat,[11] a governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress APC in Lagos from the gubernatorial race.

He won the Lagos gubernatorial primaries of the All Progress Congress on 2nd October 2018

Awards
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu has obtained a variety of awards in his career, some of which include:[7]

Platinum award from the Lagos State Public Service Club.
2009 Best in Human Capital Development award from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
Merit award from the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.
Merit award from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management in Nigeria (CIPMN).
Merit Award from the Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN).
LSDPC Impactful Leadership and Recognition Award.

Personal life
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is happily married with children to Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu.

SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babajide_Sanwo-Olu
Re: LASU Will Get Faculty Of Pharmacy If I’m Elected Lagos Governor — Sanwo-olu by Niorte: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
efighter:

Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu (born June 25, 1965) is a Politician from Lagos State who contested and won the gubernatorial primaries under the All Progressives Congress against incumbent governor, Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State in October 2018.[1][2] He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, as well as the London Business School, Lagos Business School and the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Prior to his gubernatorial ambition, he was the Managing Director/CEO of Lagos State Property Development Commission (LSPDC).

Education
Sanwo-Olu has a BSc in Surveying and an MBA from the University of Lagos. He is an alumnus of the John F. Kennedy School of Government, the London Business School and the Lagos Business School.[5]

He is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).

Career
Banking
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was the treasurer at former Lead Merchant Bank from 1994 to 1997 after which he moved to the United Bank for Africa as the head of foreign money market. He then proceeded to First Inland Bank, Plc (now First City Monument Bank) as a deputy general manager and divisional head. He was the chairman of Baywatch Group Limited and First Class Group Limited. He is a board member of the Department for International Development (DFID/DEEPEN) Fund and Audit Committee of Caverton Offshore Services Group, PLC.

Public service
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu began his political career in 2003, when he was appointed a Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then deputy governor of Lagos State, Femi Pedro. He was later made the acting Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget until 2007, when he became the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry by then Governor, Bola Tinubu. After the General Elections of 2007, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was appointed Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions by Governor Babatunde Fashola. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu was made Managing Director/CEO of the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode in 2016.[6][7]

Some of his notable public sector achievements include the supervision of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) privatization projects.[8] He set up and was the Pioneer Board Chairman of Lagos Security Trust Fund. The LAGBUS System and the Control & Command Centre in Alausa were subsequently established under his directives.

Politics
On 16th September 2018, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu formally declared his intention to run for the office of the governor of Lagos State under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Party, making him a major contender to the incumbent governor Akinwunmi Ambode.[8]

His declaration attracted endorsements from major stakeholders in Lagos State politics; including the Governor’s Advisory Council of the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress[9] and members of the Lagos State House of Assembly,[10] which led to withdrawal of Dr. Femi Hamzat,[11] a governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress APC in Lagos from the gubernatorial race.

He won the Lagos gubernatorial primaries of the All Progress Congress on 2nd October 2018

Awards
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu has obtained a variety of awards in his career, some of which include:[7]

Platinum award from the Lagos State Public Service Club.
2009 Best in Human Capital Development award from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
Merit award from the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.
Merit award from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management in Nigeria (CIPMN).
Merit Award from the Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN).
LSDPC Impactful Leadership and Recognition Award.

Personal life
Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is happily married with children to Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu.

SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babajide_Sanwo-Olu
Not inspiring for me!

He worked in private sector....what were his achievements or accolades at UBA and First inland Bank?

Merit Award from association of professional women engineer.....what was his contribution to engineering? Do we really have INSIGNIFICANT number of PRACTICING WOMEN ENGINEERS IN NIGERIA?

That you relied heavily on wikipedia to describe the him says a lot of how much you know him.

(1) (Reply)

Shia Mass Graves In Nigeria / Bishop Speaks: You Can't Be A Politician And Make A Good Pastor / Alex Badeh: What Gov. Okowa Said About Murder Of Ex-chief Of Defence Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.