Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC (7254 Views)

No Going Back On February 10 Deadline – CBN Governor, Emefiele Dares APC Governo / Mention Names Of Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling - CAN Dares APC / 'If You Are A Saint Publish Your Assets' - Shehu Sani Dares APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has challenged the All Progressives Congress-led government in the state to domesticate the Freedom of Information Act which was signed into law by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011.

Agbaje said this in a Facebook post on Thursday.

The PDP candidate argued that the finances and the running of the affairs of the state were deliberately made opaque so that a godfather would continue to have his way.

He, therefore, stated that there was a need to free Lagos from the shackles of slavery.

Agbaje said, “The ruling party has accused us of negative campaigning because we have dared to challenge their record especially as it pertains to the transparency and openness of government.

“Lagos’ failure to domesticate the Freedom of Information Act has kept the people in the dark for way too long on how this states’ affairs are conducted but today we are ‘woke’.

“Lagosians want a government that would prioritize their needs over the dictates of one man in every single circumstance – housing, healthcare, jobs, opportunities for the youth etc. I know this because I hear it everywhere I go.

“People are tired of the secrecy. They are tired of the tyranny. And to belittle this is to underestimate the resolve of Lagosians to bring about a new order in Lagos in this election. To them, as it stands today, Lagos is not free.”

The PDP candidate wondered how the APC in Lagos could promise a better life for the people when trucks and trailers had been parked on the side of major roads thereby causing untold hardship for motorists.

He said the APC, through high and superfluous taxes like toll fees, had made the cost of transportation high and made life harder for the people.

Agbaje added, “Our vision to #setlagosfree is not a trend or a fad, it is real and it has started a groundswell of men and women across this state who are determined to live in a Lagos that is free from the control of overlords.

“It is real for people like Abdul, a young man that I met who works as a security guard for an office leasing company in Ikoyi. Abdul earns a little over N45,000 a month of which 60 per cent of that income goes into transporting himself to work every day. Get this: That number was actually around 44 per cent before the hike in the toll on the Lekki-Epe Expressway. For him, Lagos is not working.

“It is real for people like Bisola, a young mother of two, who lives on the Surulere-axis and has to contend with trucks that are parked recklessly on major roads and side streets – even on weekends – despite several complaints from her residential association. For her, Lagos is not listening.”
https://punchng.com/approve-foi-in-lagos-agbaje-dares-apc/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Sterling111: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
DEY NO GO GREE NA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lagos State have been bedshackled for long by parasitic nematodes whose life support is nothing but sodomistic corruption deals...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Sholaco: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Shior
Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by kunleweb: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is more or what we qant to see Jimi. Turn on the heat,anyone affaid of the heqt should leave the kitchen

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by mistercardinal(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tinubu's hegemonic legacies must stop

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by guardsman: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
JK is Just kidding. d Mumu, periodic politician don crawl frm under hin rock again. This time d defeat will be crushing. Wit Lagos bcoming Africa's 5th largest economy & thriving & attracting investments in a country that is a byword 4 poor governance, Lagosians will not giv room 4 d retrogressive politics of PDP. Agbaje will soon crawl back again. Na we customer for dis Lagos nah.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Ijaya123: 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
I hope Agbaje can make that one of his campaign promises.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by vivalavida(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
kunleweb:
This is more or what we qant to see Jimi. Turn on the heat,anyone affaid of the heqt should leave the kitchen

Gbam!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by mistercardinal(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
I dey tell you, the status quo needs to be changed

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by webizone(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sorry to derail this thread but I just changed my sig to ask, what is wrong with Nairaland? How can be debased to this level? Why ask christian to swear to be a muslim before he can defend his faith on a muslim thread, but do no such thing for muslims visiting a christian thread?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Yet they want human beings to support an illiterate, undemocratic self styled leader to rule over us with our educated minds... Someone who don't even knw the essence of being educated...

6 Likes

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by nnachukz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
What Lagos is celebrating as development is just 0.1% of what it could have gotten if its management was transparent. Any government ran in secrecy or in the dark is definitely not for the benefit of the masses.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by deboysben(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jk should do grassroot campaign

My advice for him

3 Likes

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by ZombieTAMER: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
Why Agbaje wan open Tinubu nyash nah...

Lagos na Tinubu workshop

Doubt me... Ask Alpha beta

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by teebaxy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
webizone:
Sorry to derail this thread but I just changed my sig to ask, what is wrong with Nairaland? How can be debased to this level? Why ask christian to swear to be a muslim before he can defend his faith on a muslim thread, but do no such thing for muslims visiting a christian thread?
Leave them , na ocultic religion

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin
guardsman:
JK is Just kidding. d Mumu, periodic politician don crawl frm under hin rock again. This time d defeat will be crushing. Wit Lagos bcoming Africa's 5th largest economy & thriving & attracting investments in a country that is a byword 4 poor governance, Lagosians will not giv room 4 d retrogressive politics of PDP. Agbaje will soon crawl back again. Na our customer in Lagos State nah.
I'm sure you have a better candidate? ...correct me if you are not just a pathetic jobless graduate whose means of livelihood is peddling unsubstantiated controversies with that tecno phone of urs...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by ZombieTAMER: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
webizone:

Muslims are First Class citizens...

Better put that in to your skull

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by legibow: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Why ask for what you can't get...
Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by ZombieTAMER: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
guardsman:
JK is Just kidding. d Mumu, periodic politician don crawl frm under hin rock again. This time d defeat will be crushing. Wit Lagos bcoming Africa's 5th largest economy & thriving & attracting investments in a country that is a byword 4 poor governance, Lagosians will not giv room 4 d retrogressive politics of PDP. Agbaje will soon crawl back again. Na we customer for dis Lagos nah.

You are right my Yoruba Muslim friend

Why would we have freedom of information in Lagos..

It will certainly not benefit Tinubu

9 Likes

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by shekauvsbuhari: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jimi, unfortunately your yoruba brothers and slavery are like 5n6. So they may not listen to you. Slaves to hausa-fulani at de national level just to be brought close to power and slaves to tinubu at their region.Lagos is more of tinubu's personal property and Lagosians love to have it so. Who bewitched the Lagosians in this manner?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by deleo16(m): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by webizone(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Muslims are First Class citizens...

Better put that in to your skull
The only way to know a first class citizen is class.
Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by MufasaRebirth: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
guardsman:
5th largest economy And Lagosian are suffering lol

Do you know lagos is the poverty HQ of this country

Bros free yourself from mental slavery na 2018 we dey oo

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by wellmax(m): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Something you should have beendoing since 2015 when you lost.

How come Jimi just found his voice?

1 Like

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Blackfire(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Now that is visible invisible monument of corruption headed by tinubu...

2 Likes

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by ZombieTAMER: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
webizone:

The only way to know a first class citizen is class.

Which other class are you looking for... When you can't do anything about it

1 Like

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by wellmax(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jimi will stand a better chance in 2023 if he continues like this
Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by ZombieTAMER: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
deleo16:
grin

If all the headquarters relocate back to Abuja and Niger delta... You wouldn't see any teeth to open

1 Like

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Omeokachie: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
They would rather die than agree to such scrutiny by the public.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
guardsman:
How much tinubu dey give you wey you dey mumu yourself.Out of #1b wey he dey milk from Lagos na #20k he give bribe you to be his online watchdog.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Approve Freedom Of Information In Lagos, Agbaje Dares APC by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
Blackfire:
Now that is visible invisible monument of corruption headed by tinubu...

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta APC Crisis: Court Didn’t Affirm Omo-agege’s Candidacy – Emerhor / Nigeria Police Attacks Eastern Security Network In Imo, Abandons Their Vehicles / Bandits Attack Barawa, Katsina, Kill 4, Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.