Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ (26513 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Adamu Garba Laka Coordinator For National Counter-Terrorism / Abuja: Police Begin Counter Terrorism Operation After US Warning Of Attacks / Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
These guys are planning something big here and they don't want UN and UNICEF to be caught in the cross fire, if that happens then the international world would come down heavily on the FG! Nigerians and the international world should pay close attention, there is a sinister agenda behind this move! The terrorists have probably over ran the North, the violence that could break out anytime now would probably be more than any we have witnessed!

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Gboy101: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wow, this is a big allegation and it can turn to a big disgrace. The Nigeria army that lack intelligence now playing politics. So embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by donnie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
xperienced:
The vice presidential debate just dey sweet me Peter Obi said you can't lock your shop and be chasing criminals and Osibanjo said you will have no shop if you allow criminals to be stealing from you.
1:1 I guess

It's not 1:1. OSIBANJO scored Zero. You can continue trading while putting measures in place, to prevent theft e.g.. tightening security around the place.

Who shutsdown business because of thieves?

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by erico2k2(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
Zionista:

Ok, but must we copy what's not in our best interest? My colleagues from other countries shudder at how we create very negative PR image for our country.

We are beset with lots of challenges but we shouldn't lose our head and decorum.
Look, to be honest according to the Original post, there isnothing about cupying, I think the Army are a bit pained cos of the reports coming out of these NGOs.The vast majority of monies spent by the NGOs originates from the west, Nigerians contribute almost nada.So the issue of how they are financed has nothing to do with us as Nigerians.Every war turn country of the world, the Army tend to expell NGOs if they think thier secrets are being leaked ie the way they violate Human rights cos on a good day these f reports form the bases of Evidence used in persicution.So they are learning from Liberia and Serialone
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by uchwar1: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
many Nigerian youths are ignorant of their own security. sometimes I wonder how graduates write stupid comments without making research. Any foreign body, be it UNICEF, WHO, Red Cross, Ambassador etc can be used as spies, espionage, sabotage and other security terms. Nigerians keep complaining about BH sponsor and up to date no one has been held responsible. Nigerian Army came up with a possible solution to end BH invasion and sponsorship, ignorant Nigerians started complaining. Shame to whoever is against Nig Army decision!!!

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Malawian(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elslim:
Person wants to come and settle fight between husband and wife and the person rent hotel for 6 months, Biko you de sure say You wan settle quarrel or you get another motive
If na the rent thing, we are Nigerians please, we know the rent here is at least one year and that is if the Landlord is being magnanimous.
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by KingSango(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
LibertyRep:
Let's await the response from UNICEF to know what actually transpired

The Red Cross should be on alert for their hammer too.

I suspect that the military isn't comfortable any longer with the leak of information as regards their unending engagement wit the Boko Haram.

Nonsense

Quarantine them pedophile demons.
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by 4gunners(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is long overdue, the NGOs in the north are the major problem towards the counter - terrorism operation. I'm not saying this based on my imagination, I stayed in Yobe for almost a year. While interacting with some of my friends who are Borno indigine, they attested to the fact that that NGOs are not totally unconnected to the lingering insurgency. This NGOs only thrive on the continuity of the insurgency. NGO workers are venerated like oil workers because of their huge pay. If the insurgency should end today, then no need for foreign donors to pump millions of dollars as foreign aid. I'm sure you know what that means.

You will not hear this on national television but it's the fact

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Malawian(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
daddytime:

Akiko...unlike you, I take out time to reason out stuffs on my own without relying on the usual choreographed and synced "we are saving the world from the world bullcrap" you are being fed and made to believe is the fact.

Oga...this is my field. You can't even broach a convincing argument on the contrary. ..

So Yyeske is actually a Federal Government Spy?? I said it before, a Yoruba man does not come to the east to sell provisions.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Enemyofpeace: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
How old were you when you realised the word POLICE stands for "Public Officer for Legal Investigations and Criminal Emergencies"
Don't lie ooooo
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by OBAGADAFFI: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
daddytime:

Akiko...unlike you, I take out time to reason out stuffs on my own without relying on the usual choreographed and synced "we are saving the world from the world bullcrap" you are being fed and made to believe is the fact.

Oga...this is my field. You can't even broach a convincing argument on the contrary. ..

Well the Army action might become our diplomatic nightmare.

UNICEF and Co are funded by the world powers, the same world powers selling us weapons.

One debate on this issue at the US Congress might spell doom for Arms purchase.

Nigeria is currently too fragile for this.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Just2endowed2(m): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
FLYFIRE:
99% of aids comes from the UN develpment partners. Their "crime" is their information that out-of-school children has risen since Al-Sudan took over. I hope the mods will not delete this as usual.

God bless you.... That's the simply truth and the army could not take it no more. There are other vital information about Hunger and the true state of poverty in Nigeria. This vital information did not go down well with the nigerian government, so that's why the command in chief of the arm forces order all a whole unicef out

3 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
4gunners:
This is long overdue, the NGOs in the north are the major problem towards the counter - terrorism operation. I'm not saying this based on my imagination, I stayed in Yobe for almost a year. While interacting with some of my friends who are Borno indigine, they attested to the fact that that NGOs are not totally unconnected to the lingering insurgency. This NGOs only thrive on the continuity of the insurgency. NGO workers are venerated like oil workers because of their huge pay. If the insurgency should end today, then no need for foreign donors to pump millions of dollars as foreign aid. I'm sure you know what that means.

this is short sighted on your part,these people spend thier monies whereever there is crisis, we should thank them.they are everywhere you find such problems.If thte isurgency finishes in Nigeria, they will move somewhere else
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by SenatorBudoma: 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
A source told me last week that,

A Boko Haram faction broke out from the Al-Barnawi faction and were intending to surrender to the Army.

On their way to submit themselves to the N!gerian Army, they met an NGO who asked what they the (repentant terrorists) were up. They told the NGO their plans.

The NGO went behind to report them to the al-barnawi group who now led a group of fighters to double cross and eliminate these repentant terrorists.

All these happened because an NGO which had rented hotels for 15years and had never performs its duties but sabotaged every peace moves initiated by Soldiers at the frontlines of The North East.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
LibertyRep:
Let's await the response from UNICEF to know what actually transpired

The Red Cross should be on alert for their hammer too.

I suspect that the military isn't comfortable any longer with the leak of information as regards their unending engagement wit the Boko Haram.

Military has some serious issues, but dis NGOS are very dangerous, forget d humanitarian efforts, THEY believe "EVERYBODY" needs help. both relief & information.

Damn hypocrites
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by donbenie(m): 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Elslim:
Person wants to come and settle fight between husband and wife and the person rent hotel for 6 months, Biko you de sure say You wan settle quarrel or you get another motive
Maybe if you are capable of setting your own fight by yourself you won't need anyone to blame for your inability to sort out your WAHALA by yourself.. shocked
This is what happens when the chicken leaves the knife that killed it and start quarreling with the pot.. angry
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Ayobami7(m): 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
补时阶段救主
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
These guys are planning something big here and they don't want UN and UNICEF to be caught in the cross fire, if that happens then the international world would come down heavily on the FG! Nigerians and the international world should pay close attention, there is a sinister agenda behind this move! The terrorists have probably over ran the North, the violence that could break out anytime now would probably be more than any we have witnessed!

Do you think everyone in the North is sleeping & won't notice if they are about to be overun or completely over ran, have some respect for ur home military. They are smarter than they look
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Ayobami7(m): 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
补时扑救主
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by masseratti: 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
We need to get people into the NDA strictly on merit, also the DSS, the bunch we have now got there because of who knows who, you can't be in elite Cadre of USA FBI, CIA or their military head if you don't have high IQ, they won't allow it no matter the sentiments, our military leaders are incapable because they don't have the IQ to take on the task, right now we need the help of France or Russia to tackle the menace of boko haram, i mentioned those two countries for a strategic reason.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 15, 2018
Anyone who pities Nigerian soldiers when they die is a stupid person.

They kick unicef out of their theatre of war so that officers and men of the army can continue rapïng displaced women and children.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Agbotikuyor007(m): 12:35am On Dec 15, 2018
that's how international is been trained,they give you something and collected it back through other means.
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by MONIKERREVEALER: 2:19am On Dec 15, 2018
4gunners:

are you ignorant of the number of aid workers kidnapped/injured/killed every year?

do you think the average aid worker does his duty because of money?

you SHALL have a day of reckoning very soon to know what exactly you are made of!

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by bodmasfem(m): 3:59am On Dec 15, 2018
donnie:

It's not 1:1. OSIBANJO scored Zero. You can continue trading while putting measures in place, to prevent theft e.g.. tightening security around the place.

Who shutsdown business because of thieves?

what of banks that close when thieves are around?
Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by daddytime(m): 4:22am On Dec 15, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Well the Army action might become our diplomatic nightmare.

UNICEF and Co are funded by the world powers, the same world powers selling us weapons.

One debate on this issue at the US Congress might spell doom for Arms purchase.

Nigeria is currently too fragile for this.

Very true your submission is and I concur.

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by donnie(m): 5:22am On Dec 15, 2018
bodmasfem:

what of banks that close when thieves are around?

Yes, they close their doors...
Do they shut down business even for a full day?
Don't they deploy security or alert the police and continue business afterwards, even if it's the following day?

Do they list "alerting the police" as part of their achievements in their annual report.?

Even the so-called anti-corruption campaign of this APC government is a fad used to threaten opposition and deceive their zombies (argue with transparency international).

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by donnie(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2018
SenatorBudoma:
A source told me last week that,

A Boko Haram faction broke out from the Al-Barnawi faction and were intending to surrender to the Army.

On their way to submit themselves to the N!gerian Army, they met an NGO who asked what they the (repentant terrorists) were up. They told the NGO their plans.

The NGO went behind to report them to the al-barnawi group who now led a group of fighters to double cross and eliminate these repentant terrorists.

All these happened because an NGO which had rented hotels for 15years and had never performs its duties but sabotaged every peace moves initiated by Soldiers at the frontlines of The North East.

"A source" told you ba? Continue with your lies, we're listening.

2 Likes

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 15, 2018
daddytime:
Hmmm...

This is obviously in reaction to UNICEF's recent report on the statistics/rate of malnutrition amongst kids.

The honest truth is, if unicef cooperated and kept mum, this wouldn't have happened and they in cohort with the military hierarchy will continue in their un-ending projects of helping the at-risk kids while the military is busy funding a pseudo-war they really do not wish to end.

The military have got a point on this and it is nothing but the truth.

To understand this, ask yourself...why would these so-called humanitarian/intervention agencies come into a war-ravaged zone and proceed to continuously settle fo long-term plans. You'd see them renting a place for 10 years and expect them to pray for an end to such crisis which keeps them perpetually engaged, employed with huge allowances and unregulated funding?

You think rehabilitating and taking care of mother and kids in a war torn zone as big as the North East is is a thing of 2years?

1 Like

Re: Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ by daddytime(m): 7:30am On Dec 15, 2018
eddiebruk:

You think rehabilitating and taking care of mother and kids in a war torn zone as big as the North East is is a thing of 2years?

It is indeed not a thing of 2 years. It is an everlasting thing that needs to be maintained by fuelling these crisis to no end or else these organisations will be out of business in 2 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Egbesu Militants Give Muslims In Niger-Delta 7-Days To Leave / Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War / Northern Elders Write Buhari "2016 Budget Not Favourable To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.