Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Tribe - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tribe (384 Views)

Tell Us The Tribe You Came From Without Mentioning The Name / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe / Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tribe by brodalokie: 2:54am On Dec 15, 2018
In recent times I have been opportuned to have a taste of what it feels like to be under pressure to relate to the tribal or local ways of life in a country as Nigeria that has diverse foreign imputes such as Formal Education, Fashion, Architecture, Technology among others. I have had my own unique experience with this monsterous insecurity of being a hybrid of Edo father and Yoruba mother myself and it was not a good one.

I was wondered if people really knew what it would mean to coexist... Why would you be using a Chinese made smartphone or ridding a Japanese or German automobile and still be tribbing over a local Hybrid brother or sister? It got to the point where a person selling English medicine, a girl who wears or fix Indian hair with imported nails are getting involved in this drama which accounts for the mental genocide that is boxing the living day light out of the ordinary human being in addition to the various pollutions we suffer from.

The most ridiculous aspect of it is that even though you are already informed about the basics of this local business and you try to stay away from the places you shouldn't be caught in, you are still going to fall short of grace due to your inability to participate in the rituals that are against your beliefs. You are in a constant need of a godperson to mediate for you and it is not even a guaranteed assurance.

What about when you are trying to be neutral and play along with other tribe and you are marginalized on both sides because you can not fit in, you look closely and see how they cooperate against you. You are an outcast especially when you don't have resources to bribe them with. I always hear this ethnic group talking ill of the other whereas when I go closer, it is not as I learned.

One time, I have suggested a cremation funeral for a loved one but it sounded absurd to the others who were there. Years later my finances dwindled and my living situation compelled me, so I sold out the plot she's buried in for want of food and drugs because the plot was my own, only to be haunted by the judgement of persons who hear about that single act. You can imagine how much damage we are doing to ourselves for the benefit of trading a diabolic culture against a defenseless victim even though we ourselves are guilty of hypocrisy?

Now I am a slave to everybody, I can't get a job, I hear people I don't know cursing indirectly that I am lazy, hungry, going crazy, charlatan, nonentity. When I drink or smoke a cigar, I get a bashing, when I'm going out or coming in I get a bashing, when I go out to associate I get a bashing. I have tried to find out why and the reason is because I have no parent so I am supposed to seek adopt or get married. I am in my middle 30s, I have lived and studied outside the country and I had dreams, how come I am not able to carter for myself like I am 12 and need a local female partner to be smarter and wealthy than me as a pass for living among them? Tribal issues. I can't be egalitarian enough for their liking.

This has got to stop. It is hypocrisy. Our people are going abroad and making it there.
Re: The Tribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:38am On Dec 15, 2018
Reading this Interesting thread.......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Tribe by brodalokie: 4:46am On Dec 15, 2018
post=73856171:
Reading this Interesting thread.......

Funny username.
You're welcome though...
Re: The Tribe by MetaPhysical: 5:12am On Dec 15, 2018
brodalokie:
In recent times I have been opportuned to have a taste of what it feels like to be under pressure to relate to the tribal or local ways of life in a country as Nigeria that has diverse foreign imputes such as Formal Education, Fashion, Architecture, Technology among others. I have had my own unique experience with this monsterous insecurity of being a hybrid of Edo father and Yoruba mother myself and it was not a good one.

I was wondered if people really knew what it would mean to coexist... Why would you be using a Chinese made smartphone or ridding a Japanese or German automobile and still be tribbing over a local Hybrid brother or sister? It got to the point where a person selling English medicine, a girl who wears or fix Indian hair with imported nails are getting involved in this drama which accounts for the mental genocide that is boxing the living day light out of the ordinary human being in addition to the various pollutions we suffer from.

The most ridiculous aspect of it is that even though you are already informed about the basics of this local business and you try to stay away from the places you shouldn't be caught in, you are still going to fall short of grace due to your inability to participate in the rituals that are against your beliefs. You are in a constant need of a godperson to mediate for you and it is not even a guaranteed assurance.

What about when you are trying to be neutral and play along with other tribe and you are marginalized on both sides because you can not fit in, you look closely and see how they cooperate against you. You are an outcast especially when you don't have resources to bribe them with. I always hear this ethnic group talking ill of the other whereas when I go closer, it is not as I learned.

One time, I have suggested a cremation funeral for a loved one but it sounded absurd to the others who were there. Years later my finances dwindled and my living situation compelled me, so I sold out the plot she's buried in for want of food and drugs because the plot was my own, only to be haunted by the judgement of persons who hear about that single act. You can imagine how much damage we are doing to ourselves for the benefit of trading a diabolic culture against a defenseless victim even though we ourselves are guilty of hypocrisy?

Now I am a slave to everybody, I can't get a job, I hear people I don't know cursing indirectly that I am lazy, hungry, going crazy, charlatan, nonentity. When I drink or smoke a cigar, I get a bashing, when I'm going out or coming in I get a bashing, when I go out to associate I get a bashing. I have tried to find out why and the reason is because I have no parent so I am supposed to seek adopt or get married. I am in my middle 30s, I have lived and studied outside the country and I had dreams, how come I am not able to carter for myself like I am 12 and need a local female partner to be smarter and wealthy than me as a pass for living among them? Tribal issues. I can't be egalitarian enough for their liking.

This has got to stop. It is hypocrisy. Our people are going abroad and making it there.

Life must be lived in conflict. The essence of creation is based on a principle of duality. One aspect is always the extreme opposite of the other. Understanding human nature and its purpose helps one to accept the harsh reality and cope with the restrictions. Getting education abroad does not result in an inner alignment with the cosmic forces at play in one's life, nor does it give one success and wellness. A different kind of education and initiation is needed to open and give to the inner eye a sight that breaks barriers of distance and space.
Re: The Tribe by brodalokie: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Life must be lived in conflict. The essence of creation is based on a principle of duality. One aspect is always the extreme opposite of the other. Understanding human nature and its purpose helps one to accept the harsh reality and cope with the restrictions. Getting education abroad does not result in an inner alignment with the cosmic forces at play in one's life, nor does it give one success and wellness. A different kind of education and initiation is needed to open and give to the inner eye a sight that breaks barriers of distance and space.

My friend fuk out if you don't have anything better to say

What do you think about a tribal king that belongs to a foreign cult to boost his moral sense but want to hold me down within the confine of local culture even though I am already exposed to the outside world?
Do you know how many nobles belong to foreign cultural sects, get foreign education and yet unable to relate to like minds because of titles, pride and power?
You think that life must be a conflict I think life should be peaceful. But you will trade your conflict for my peace with the prize of endless bloody sweat, toil, terror and pain. Is that normal?

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Language Should I Learn? / Watch Miami Dolphins Vs Buffalo Bills Live Stream Free Nfl Games P2p Hdtv On Pc / Federal Government Declares Monday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.