Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

White Woman In Uganda - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / White Woman In Uganda (7954 Views)

Bride-To-Be And Two Friends Die In Auto Crash A Week To Her Wedding In Uganda / Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) / Okada Made With Cow Head In Uganda (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 7:45am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Now you are being judgemental. Everyone is not the same.
If I may ask, where exactly are you from?

She didn’t want her photograph taken and for you to take that photo against her wish and even share it on social media!!... do you think you’ve done the right thing?

have you ever imagined, in some places, in some country, on this planet, where people are born to be taught to be compliant and courteous and hospitable to the outsiders ?

UNFORTUNATELY, i am from that country. it is UNHEARD of , to reject to be taken a photo of , not to mention by whisking a dangerous knife !

in my country, a knife larger than a scissors, should be registered in the police station, before the owner starts to use it.

no, you dont have any idea. what in your mind is , you are black , and thus , you are insulted.

have you every imagined, in some country, where if a person does not make a pose and ready to be taken photos of, before any tourists , especially foreigners , is considered to be VERY RUDE ?

that is my country. and , by the way, we dont even expect the foreigners to say thank you after they snap photos, instead, we will say thank you . this is not a flunkeyism. it is a culture , forcus on courtesy and compliance.

you are too narrow-minded. go out of your environment and see the world.

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

have you ever imagined, in some places, in some country, on this planet, where people are born to be taught to be compliant and courteous and hospitable to the outsiders ?

UNFORTUNATELY, i am from that country. it is UNHEARD of , to reject to be taken a photo of , not to mention by whisking a dangerous knife !

in my country, a knife larger than a scissors, should be registered in the police station, before the owner starts to use it.

no, you dont have any idea. what in your mind is , you are black , and thus , you are insulted.

have you every imagined, in some country, where if a person does not make a pose and ready to be taken photos of, before any tourists , especially foreigners , is considered to be VERY RUDE ?

that is my country. and , by the way, we dont even expect the foreigners to say thank you after they snap photos, instead, we will say thank you . this is not a flunkeyism. it is a culture , forcus on courtesy and compliance.

you are too narrow-minded. go out of your environment and see the world.

You have failed to mention the name of your country. Like the above rants up there, I should jump to conclusion and label you insecure and someone with severe inferiority complex issues but I’ll leave that for another day. If you are proud of yourself and believe every alphabet you typed there, you should’ve said the name of your country with pride.

You are very judgemental and it shows in your writings. This is not about being black or any other colour. Don’t steer away from that and attempt covering your bad behaviour with your arguments. This woman did not want you taking her photo. She was sitting quietly, minding her business, she showed you a knife which was no danger to anyone hence why she still or has been operating in that place since God knows when. She’s narrow minded to you because she objected to your camera and attempt to take her picture?

See how you reason! Your country should be proud of you. I’m not defending her cos of her colour as you said. It’s the right thing to do. Have you heard of the word ‘CONSENT’?? No you haven’t or you have but didn’t care to know the meaning. You are being a bully by forcing someone to engage in something she didn’t want to. Sharing her picture online is wrong as well.

Will you be comfortable sharing your photo here on Nairaland? Do you have a picture of you on your dp? Are you proud of yourself and your country? If you answer no to any of the above, you have no moral right to label anyone ‘narrow minded’.

Learn to respect people and be considerate of the environment you find yourself in. I have worked with and managed people from different nationalities and one thing I learnt is that people are different. In dealing with people, it’s not a one size fit all scenario. Ironically, the most narrow minded individuals that I’ve come across are the ones who label and tag other people.

If you are and from a country with people who will gleefully jump into a photo shoot or allow strangers taking their photos, that woman doesn’t share same idea with you. She should’ve been left alone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

You have failed to mention the name of your country.
Like the above rants up there, I should jump to conclusion and label you insecure and someone with severe inferiority complex issues but I’ll leave that for another day. If you are proud of yourself and believe every alphabet you typed there, you should’ve said the name of your country with pride.

You are very judgemental and it shows in your writings. This is not about being black or any other colour. Don’t steer away that and attempt covering your bad behaviour with your arguments. This woman did not want you taking her photo. She was sitting quietly, minding her business, she showed you a knife which was no danger to anyone hence where she still or has been operating in that place since God knows when. She’s narrow minded to you because she objected to your camera and attempt to take her picture?

See how you reason! Your country should be proud of you. I’m not defending her cos of her colour as you said. It’s the right thing to do. Have you heard of the word ‘CONSENT’?? No you haven’t or you have but didn’t care to know the meaning. You are being a bully by forcing someone to engage in something she didn’t want to. Sharing her picture online is wrong as well.

Will you be comfortable sharing your photo here on Nairaland? Do you have a picture of you on your dp? Are you proud of yourself and your country? If you answer no to any of the above, you have no moral right to label anyone ‘narrow minded’.

Learn to respect people and be considerate of the environment you find yourself in. I have worked with and managed people from different nationalities and one thing I learnt is that people are different. In dealing with people, it’s not a one size fit all scenario. Ironically, the most narrow minded individuals that I’ve come across are the ones who label and tag other people.

If you are and from a country with people who will gleefully jump into a photo shoot or Allie strangers taking their photos, that woman doesn’t share same idea with you. She should’ve been left alone.

JAPAN

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

You have failed to mention the name of your country. Like the above rants up there, I should jump to conclusion and label you insecure and someone with severe inferiority complex issues but I’ll leave that for another day. If you are proud of yourself and believe every alphabet you typed there, you should’ve said the name of your country with pride.

You are very judgemental and it shows in your writings. This is not about being black or any other colour. Don’t steer away that and attempt covering your bad behaviour with your arguments. This woman did not want you taking her photo. She was sitting quietly, minding her business, she showed you a knife which was no danger to anyone hence where she still or has been operating in that place since God knows when. She’s narrow minded to you because she objected to your camera and attempt to take her picture?

If you are and from a country with people who will gleefully jump into a photo shoot or Allie strangers taking their photos, that woman doesn’t share same idea with you. She should’ve been left alone.

dont forget, racist yourself, you are forcing your "theory" onto me.

in the culture of my country, you are naive, rude, impolite, and of course, inferior.

why should i abide your rules ? the whole logic in your reply is totally based on your (black race) foothold.

sorry, i dont agree anything bit with you, and as an outsider, i think you are very funny.
Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

If you are and from a country with people who will gleefully jump into a photo shoot or allow strangers taking their photos, that woman doesn’t share same idea with you. She should’ve been left alone.

why would i post my photos in a thread concerning the stuff of uganda ? do the readers want to see a white woman's face, or do they want to see what the title of this thread promises ?

and you hit the crux : SHE IS AN OBJECT ! she , as well as the stove, the street, the corns around her, are all objects, that the readers want to have a look at.

the point is, why in developed countries, where communication is more sincere and friendly, people are willing to be the OBJECTS ?

it is not a shame to be an object. as i told you before, it should be a decent and proud job to be the representative of culture interaction.

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

JAPAN

I hope that you are not a troll. I hope that you meant every word you typed in your posts.
I just find that interesting how you arrived at your conclusions and your tenacity to force people to see things from your own lens.

If there’s one thing I’ll like you to take from here, it will be...show respect to people. It’s not so hard.
Just as you’ll wear certain dresses, when you go to places like Riyad, Dubai, Tehran, you wouldn’t normally wear certain clothes there and wouldn’t normally start taking photos of some people. Apply that when you visit other places.
You can hold hands in the street of Tokyo. At some places, you wouldn’t do that.

The case of this woman is very isolated and shouldn’t be used to judge others. She wasn’t interested. You should’ve taken your camera to willing Ugandans but no to you, that woman defines narrow mindedness and therefore every Ugandan and every black person is narrow minded who would resist your attempt to take their pictures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by dFroshie(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

a woman refused to be taken a photo of, by whisking a knife in her hand.

You claimed here that Africans don't like their picture taken, well I can't say this is true or not , it just like working down to a homeless person on the street in the States and wanting to interview them or even take their pictures, do they give you open arms and smiling face Hell No, having one picture to be taken to be use as you did for documentary, exploring depends on the person state of mind, you cant see a happy person or rich person not wanting his/her picture to be taken, a poor person knows that you might want to use their face to cite examples of how underfed,poor a country is or anything negatives about something cause of their current state.

Being racist I said I checked through your threads and comment on some post indirectly you were saying African thinks through their genitals isn't that racist calling someone a Nigga, you dare use the fucking N word to a black man in the state without getting your ass whipped?? Well you were able to throw shits at our face because this is a faceless forum

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by dFroshie(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

I hope that you are not a troll. I hope that you meant every word you typed in your posts.
I just find that interesting how you arrived at your conclusions and your tenacity to force people to see things from your own lens.

If there’s one thing I’ll like you to take from here, it will be...show respect to people. It’s not so hard.
Just as you’ll wear certain dresses, when you go to places like Riyad, Dubai, Tehran, you wouldn’t normally wear certain clothes there and wouldn’t normally start taking photos of some people. Apply that when you visit other places.
You can hold hands in the street of Tokyo. At some places, you wouldn’t do that.

The case of this woman is very isolated and shouldn’t be used to judge others. She wasn’t interested. You should’ve taken your camera to willing Ugandans but no to you, that woman defines narrow mindedness and therefore every Ugandan and every black person is narrow minded who would resist your attempt to take their pictures.

Funny enough Japan was portraits to the world as the most respectful set of people well guess my first experience with someone from there is changing my mindset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

You are very judgemental and it shows in your writings.
This is not about being black or any other colour. Don’t steer away that and attempt covering your bad behaviour with your arguments. This woman did not want you taking her photo. She was sitting quietly, minding her business, she showed you a knife which was no danger to anyone hence where she still or has been operating in that place since God knows when. She’s narrow minded to you because she objected to your camera and attempt to take her picture?

i am an independent thinker. not like you , a victim of stereotype, who still thinks that , white people rob you and you are the victim of racism.

i am from Japan. my race has never infringed any interest of your race. but if you fall back to your stereotype by pretending a victim, i will loath you , same as the other caucasian people, to you .

i dont buy anything coming directly from media, i believe what i see. i think about what i see. and i talk about what i think.

this is what i think of africa. good or bad, it is coming from the impression. why dont you shake off your negative sides, and be more open minded ? then, i will write, uganda people are open minded.

i say what it is.

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

dont forget, racist yourself, you are forcing your "theory" onto me.

in the culture of my country, you are naive, rude, impolite, and of course, inferior.

why should i abide your rules ? the whole logic in your reply is totally based on your (black race) foothold.

sorry, i dont agree anything bit with you, and as an outsider, i think you are very funny.

I know I’ve been engaging a troll. Have fun and I hope one day, you’ll run into someone that’ll reset your mindset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

i am an independent thinker. not like you , a victim of stereotype, who still thinks that , white people robs you and you are the victim of racism.

i am from Japan. my race has never infringed any interest of your race. but if you fall back to your stereotype by pretending a victim, i will loath you , same as the other caucasian people, to you .

Now you are being silly. I’ve never used the word racist when I quoted you. It’s either your dumber than dumb or you are being a troll with lots of time on a Sunday morning. Whatever you are, I hope that all those Japanese I see do not share the same views as you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

I know I’ve been engaging a troll. Have fun and I hope one day, you’ll run into someone that’ll reset your mindset.

better than being a black racist .

the only thing that could draw your eyeballs in this forum , is "dick" "fvck" , things like that, how can anyone other than your race, stop being a troll ?

it is fun to troll. because, nothing noble and righteous can be talked about here.
Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

i am an independent thinker. not like you , a victim of stereotype, who still thinks that , white people rob you and you are the victim of racism.

i dont buy anything coming directly from media, i believe what i see. i think about what i see. and i talk about what i think.

this is what i think of africa. good or bad, it is coming from the impression. why dont you shake off your negative sides, and be more open minded ? then, i will write, uganda people are open minded.

i say what it is.

If there’s anyone out there worried about what you write about Uganda, i don’t. Write whatever you want.

My concern is with a particular person who objected to your taking her picture and your reactions to her objections. That was why I quoted you. I haven’t deviated. All the talks of racism, stereotype, Caucasian etc are all from your insecurities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

have you ever respected me ?

have we laughed at you, who can not use chopsticks to eat a meal ? when you are in japan, why dont you learn to use chopsticks ?

do you respect us ?

we humor you , we dont even blame your awkawd situation in restaurants, we supply you with spoons, we fully take your foreign identity to our considerations.

as i told you before, in my country, if i refuse to be taken a photo of by a foreigner, i am supposed to be shameless.

if you respect me, you will put yourself into my shoe . but of course, you dont, then why should I respect you, if that is what yoy call respect, by not taking photos.

you are a selfish racist, everything is based on "YOU" .

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

If you are and from a country with people who will NOT gleefully jump into a photo shoot or allow strangers taking their photos, that I do not share same idea with you. I should’ve been left alone.

i am a human being, why dont you selfish racist, revolving always yourself, see this ?!

i have the same equal right. how can you contradict ?!!

racists are narrow minded, they only think of themselves.

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2018
dFroshie:

Funny enough Japan was portraits to the world as the most respectful set of people well guess my first experience with someone from there is changing my mindset.

Whoever is behind that moniker is just a troll or someone with complex insecurities or some other mental health issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Whoever is behind that moniker is just a troll or someone with complex insecurities or some other mental health issues.

the troll is another name for truth, then i do troll, and troll a lot.

i am not proud of my skin, i dont think it matters , but i do feel proud of my capability to speak unimpeachable truth, or to adopt your rhetoric, to troll.
Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

If you are and from a country with people who will NOT gleefully jump into a photo shoot or allow strangers taking their photos, that I do not share same idea with you. I should’ve been left alone.

i am a human being, why dont you selfish racist, revolving always yourself, see this ?!

Whatever you took might be affecting you now. You are becoming incoherent. Take a deep breath in and out, do it repeatedly and you’ll be fine.
That woman was a nice person. Some other person would spring from her seat, cut off the camera from your neck and smash your head with it. You should be happy. Keep smiling because you met a nice woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:24am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Whatever you took might be affecting you now. You are becoming incoherent. Take a deep in and out, do it repeatedly and you’ll be fine.
That woman was a nice person. Some other person would spring from her seat, cut off the camera from your neck and smash your head with it. You should be happy. Keep smiling because you met a nice woman.

+++++++++++++++

speechless, do you understand what i have written down ?

if you dont , i dont try to understand you either !
Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

the troll is another name for truth, then i do troll, and troll a lot.

i am not proud of my skin, i dont think it matters , but i do feel proud of my capability to speak unimpeachable truth, or to adopt your rhetoric, to troll.

I got you but whatever you do, stay away from the window and make sure the camera cords are not pulling to tight on your neck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

+++++++++++++++

speechless, do you understand what i have written down ?

if you dont , i dont try to understand you either !

Stay away from the substance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

that is correct.

cut the bullshit of racism out, say, A is minding its business, and B is trying to taking a photo of A. A is angry. B persists. at last A allows B to snap a photo. and B puts the photo on internet. what is your business then ? it should be the business between A and B, if there is any problem.

but another problem comes, A turns out to be a black one, and B a white one. and YOU are a black too. and you make a fuss about everything , which caucasian call "WHINNING".

please tell me , who is a racist then ? A , B or you ?!

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

respect should be mutual. i dont see any respect from you guys.

you force me to throw away "being hospitable is a merit ", which i have been taught since i was born, and which makes japan such a welcome country in the world.

have you ever taken a person other than black to be a real human being ?
Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

that is correct.

cut the bullshit of racism out, say, A is minding its business, and B is trying to taking a photo of A. A is angry. B persists. at last A allows B to snap a photo. and B puts the photo on internet. what is your business then ? it should be the business between A and B, if there is any problem.

but another problem comes, A turns out to be a black one, and B a white one. and YOU are a black too. and you make a fuss about everything , which caucasian call "WHINNING".

Are you now Caucasian?
Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Are you now Caucasian?

++++++++++++++

just tell me the answer. never mind whether i am caucasian or not. i am japanese, if you want to consider me to be caucasian or whatevasian, it is up to you . i dont discuss race issues with a racist.

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

that is correct.

Why are you obsessed with the word ‘racsim’? Have you just discovered the meaning? Or do you like throwing it around?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

The case of this woman is very isolated and shouldn’t be used to judge others. She wasn’t interested. You should’ve taken your camera to willing Ugandans but no to you, that woman defines narrow mindedness and therefore every Ugandan and every black person is narrow minded who would resist your attempt to take their pictures .

indeed, i would say so. i put the same words on my japanese blog. and nobody, no japanese demured.

and, anyone who disagrees with you , is a racist. i bet, all black guys support you the same.

see ? respect should be mutual.
Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

++++++++++++++

just tell me the answer. never mind whether i am caucasian or not. i am japanese, if you want to consider me to be caucasian or whatevasian, it is up to you . i dont discuss race issues with a racist.

I don’t believe your rants up there hence why I’m cool with you. Point out in my post where I used the word racism or any similar synonym. I thought you are the one getting hyper...that’s if you are not being a Sunday mor king troll.

I don’t support bad behaviour. I got involved because of your bad behaviour. You are rude and unrepentant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:45am On Dec 16, 2018
gbosaa:

Why are you obsessed with the word ‘racsim’? Have you just discovered the meaning? Or do you like throwing it around?

it is you guys, yelling racism , calling me names first. and now, you ask me, why do you deny your being a racist ?

the point is, who is a racist ?

i guess, once you see the title, "white woman", something sinister makes form in your minds.

sadly, that is a skill for a troll to attact attention, in your forums . why dont you ask yourself, how can this be a way to attract attention?!

1 Like

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

it is you guys, yelling racism , calling me names first. and now, you ask me, why do you deny your being a racist ?

You guys?? Who are you guys? I’m only one person replying you. Where are the ‘you guys’ coming from??

Are you ok? I want to believe that you are a troll supposedly from japan as you said but seems you are becoming manic on a Sunday morning. I hope that everything is ok with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Woman In Uganda by ugandalady: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
dFroshie:

You claimed here that Africans don't like their picture taken, well I can't say this is true or not , it just like working down to a homeless person on the street in the States and wanting to interview them or even take their pictures, do they give you open arms and smiling face Hell No, having one picture to be taken to be use as you did for documentary, exploring depends on the person state of mind, you cant see a happy person or rich person not wanting his/her picture to be taken, a poor person knows that you might want to use their face to cite examples of how underfed,poor a country is or anything negatives about something cause of their current state.

Being racist I said I checked through your threads and comment on some post indirectly you were saying African thinks through their genitals isn't that racist calling someone a Nigga, you dare use the fucking N word to a black man in the state without getting your ass whipped?? Well you were able to throw shits at our face because this is a faceless forum

bingo ! you hit the point !

that is why i dont ! i dont behave like those WESTERN tourists, snapping photos politely while HANDLING OUT money and bonbons.

i am just a passerby. i dont wear fancy tourist clothes . i lounge on the street, eat the food, see the view, take some photos randomly.

and, exactly, because i respect black people, i treat them casually as i treat anyone in my country. i dont make them feel they are objects, or their existence is for my cameras.

if you or that woman , thinks she is treated like a dog in the slum, that is your so-called insecurity or whatever complex.

2 Likes

Re: White Woman In Uganda by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2018
ugandalady:

i guess, once you see the title, "white woman", something sinister makes form in your minds.

sadly, that is a skill for a troll to attact attention, in your forums . why dont you ask yourself, how can this be a way to attract attention?!

You are suffering delusion. There are a number of things that will attract me to the post. I have worked with Ugandans and have kept in touch with lots of them.

‘White’ in your post didn’t attract me. I work with loads of them. I hope to visit Uganda one day and that was why I read your rants.

Why do you think anyone would be attracted to you cos you said you are white?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa To Deport 56 Nigerians / My Wonderful And Eye-opening Experience In Dubai!!! / 31,556 Foreigners Denied Entry Into Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.