Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. (2081 Views)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I Am Broken I Need Advice From Matured Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2018
It's really not easy for me putting this up here cos I'm a private person and don't like my issues out but I guess I have to do this because I have been battling this in my mind and I want input from others just in case I'm wrong. Kindly pardon the typo errors and arrangement. I'm just gonna bare my mind and speak the truth.

Just don't know where to start. Right now I'm thinking of leaving my marriage. I married this lady over 5 years ago. I decided to go with her because she was more domesticated than others then( not your slay queen type). I saw a sign of temper tantrum then but I overlooked it.
I was working as a small time, fresh graduate. Two months to my wedding, I lost my job. We decided to go ahead anyway. Started doing some ragged hustling. I must admit I was really financially unwise then so I lost some small investment scheme which she contributed to. I was in this state until I got a job 2 years ago. It is a commission job,( for those who understand the implications). The beginning was very rough as I was trying to grow my clientele base. I must add that madam was supportive then but with insult attached.
I started growing and life improved. I took over almost all the bills in the house. Then early this year, I was transferred to a new location. Less lucrative added to the fact that I have to almost start all over again. My earnings drop but madam wouldn't want to hear that.

Now, while dating, she/family told me she has health challenges while growing up. I'm a loyal kind of dude. I don't back out on my friends and family. So I suck up everything. I had to do my laundry and clean the house most weekends. A couple of times she came down with sick and I stood beside her. She confessed that she was shocked I didn't leave like other men will do.
We got married and children wasn't forthcoming. My mum never for once complained. She encouraged us in prayer. Madam was kind of insinuating I was to blame. I just laughed. I have already done a test on myself before now and certified ok, not forgetting two a three ladies that took in for me during uni days ( Lord forgive me).

Then she came down with a terrible bout of illhealth. ran several tests, nothing was wrong. Until a nurse took my aside and asked us to run XYZ test ( HIV). Results came back positive. This explained her health challenges even before we met. I almost died that night. I cried my eyes sour. I thought I was the person that gave her. Yeah she's gone blame me too! After all, I was a bit of a lady's man in my yo days.
I had the longest nite that day. Morning came and I went to pick her up and transfer to a different hospital. A test was conducted on me next day and I was negetive. Was shocked ( by this time we have been together for years. 3-4 years of courtship and 1 year of marriage).
Doctor said we are discordant couple ( Google that). That I have natural immunity against the virus. since then I have ran test severally and I'm still negetive. I was in a dilemma. Should I leave? In hindsight now, I should have left. I decided to stand by her. Kept family out of the information. The doctors were shocked and was praising me for my support. The counsellor taught I was her brother on first meet but when he learnt I was the spouse, he shook his head in disbelief. He told me so many marriage collapsed in his office on couples hearing their status.
I nursed her back to health. Did fertility test and discovered she has an one occluded tube( blocked tube) and hormonal imbalance. Treatment ensued and she took in and delivered a child. Yeah I was sleeping with her.

Now the issues are these:
She insult my family and have little regards for them.
She has little regards for my culture/ tradition and custom. Imagine a wife not wanting to learn and cook my native dish. She doesn't like attending my towns Union meeting or anything that have to do with my custom. Even if she doesn't enjoy the meeting, at least put up appearance and pretend to, if that will make ur spouse happy.
She is head strong and stubborn. Only like doing what please her. I'm not a dictator kinda guy but the few things I insist on and cheerish, do them.
Still wash my clothes (machine) and do house cleaning on my free Saturdays. If you ask her, she will say I'm not a slave.
Sexual satisfaction is out of it. Even with the position of things, I still want to carry out my conjugal rights but she will decline. But when it's baby making period, she will start coming to me.
She doesn't want to assist financially anymore.she believes I'm saving my money elsewhere or taking care of my parents ( I'm first born). All explanation to make her see that my earnings have dropped fails. Yet you support ur family and I don't complain. She also believe I may not be telling her the truth. This stems from something that happened while we were dating. I was financially irresponsible then. I lied that my salary was withheld. I took a loan from some loan sharks and it was killing me. I decided to gather all my salary and offset this debt. She found out and since then she doesn't believe.
I find it out to share information. I have always held information to myself. She compounded it by using the information I I shared with her against me when I decided to start opening up.

Right now I don belleful. I'm a staunch Christian but I'm ready to separate and go my way and damn all consequences. I will rather stay single now and hustle and take care of my son. I have stopped having sex with her. No need bringing in more kids to compound the issue..
I have strayed to other ladies from time to time even before now.. Can't die because someone decides to lock up. I'm not perfect but I have always told her to call my attention to my fsults

I just want mature folks input
Please if you are here to insult kindly visit other threads please. I want response from matured folk

Mod please don't take this story to front page. Leave it here please.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by SpyAC(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2018
Wow, I must commend u for all these happening around u, and still u pressed on, u re the real man. But let me ask u something, can u continue to be kind and good husband to this that doesn't value u?, let me gist u a little, a friend was deceived by his girlfriend whom he was dating then, that she was pregnant for him, bcs of that, he rushed and wedded her, not knowing it was a full blown fibroid, after abt 2yrs of marriage he found out that the lady lied to him, he quietly took her the hospital for surgery, and what the brought out was amazing, so he ended the marriage in peace, and now, his happily married wt 4kids frm another woman whom he trust and cherished, but the other woman is gone for good. So my brother, life have no duplicate, u risk it still sleeping wt her, whether ur gene or hormones re stronger or not, pls stop sleeping wit her. Life first before anything. Well, think twice and talk to her as husband, but if she refuse, stop her before she stop u. Thank man

7 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by keepingmum: 11:54am On Dec 15, 2018
I see you deleted your 2nd post that - cooking your local dishes and attending your towns meeting is of most importance to you........

Oga if your culture and native dishes were important to you. You should have married from your village.
There are things you raised which i feel should be of more concern to you than culture and food.
Been married for almost a decade and half, oga does the laundry but i do it most - washing machine.....he always drys the clothes , i NEVER do

We are from different tribes as well. Oga doesnt believe in towns meeting etc , neither do i.

The HIV thing is no biggie as science has made conception easier with little risks of transmission of the virus to a spouse or child. So whilst i commend you for sticking, what you have done isnt something unusual. It happens alot.

You are struggling financially to meet your responsibilities yet you are actively cheating. Oga, hope madam can also cheat to meet up where you are lacking as a husband.

If you want to end the marriage pls do.because you married her despite her health challenges doesnt mean she should hv no say or feelings over her life. If you dint marry her, someone else would have. She doesnt owe eternal gratitude to you because of marriage.

Stick to your slay queens or get an uneducated, unexposed has no intention to ever be exposed kind of wife that will cook you swallow with different village soups for breakfast, lunch and dinner . The type that will leave you on the weekends to attend village women's meeting from morning till night. Those ones that will mix with experienced retired ashangbas at the umunna meetings and get tutellage on how to be a coded runz wife......but it shouldnt matter to you, After all you ll get your village soups on demand and a wife who will carry big basin and soak to handwash your clothes as the village prince that you are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by ednut1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
Can this be real haba
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by youngsahito(m): 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
crankedup:
It's really not easy for me putting this up here cos I'm a private person and don't like my issues out but I guess I have to do this because I have been battling this in my mind and I want input from others just in case I'm wrong. Kindly pardon the typo errors and arrangement. I'm just gonna bare my mind and speak the truth.

Just don't know where to start. Right now I'm thinking of leaving my marriage. I married this lady over 5 years ago. I decided to go with her because she was more domesticated than others then( not your slay queen type). I saw a sign of temper tantrum then but I overlooked it.
I was working as a small time, fresh graduate. Two months to my wedding, I lost my job. We decided to go ahead anyway. Started doing some ragged hustling. I must admit I was really financially unwise then so I lost some small investment scheme which she contributed to. I was in this state until I got a job 2 years ago. It is a commission job,( for those who understand the implications). The beginning was very rough as I was trying to grow my clientele base. I must add that madam was supportive then but with insult attached.
I started growing and life improved. I took over almost all the bills in the house. Then early this year, I was transferred to a new location. Less lucrative added to the fact that I have to almost start all over again. My earnings drop but madam wouldn't want to hear that.

Now, while dating, she/family told me she has health challenges while growing up. I'm a loyal kind of dude. I don't back out on my friends and family. So I suck up everything. I had to do my laundry and clean the house most weekends. A couple of times she came down with sick and I stood beside her. She confessed that she was shocked I didn't leave like other men will do.
We got married and children wasn't forthcoming. My mum never for once complained. She encouraged us in prayer. Madam was kind of insinuating I was to blame. I just laughed. I have already done a test on myself before now and certified ok, not forgetting two a three ladies that took in for me during uni days ( Lord forgive me).

Then she came down with a terrible bout of illhealth. ran several tests, nothing was wrong. Until a nurse took my aside and asked us to run XYZ test ( HIV). Results came back positive. This explained her health challenges even before we met. I almost died that night. I cried my eyes sour. I thought I was the person that gave her. Yeah she's gone blame me too! After all, I was a bit of a lady's man in my yo days.
I had the longest nite that day. Morning came and I went to pick her up and transfer to a different hospital. A test was conducted on me next day and I was negetive. Was shocked ( by this time we have been together for years. 3-4 years of courtship and 1 year of marriage).
Doctor said we are discordant couple ( Google that). That I have natural immunity against the virus. since then I have ran test severally and I'm still negetive. I was in a dilemma. Should I leave? In hindsight now, I should have left. I decided to stand by her. Kept family out of the information. The doctors were shocked and was praising me for my support. The counsellor taught I was her brother on first meet but when he learnt I was the spouse, he shook his head in disbelief. He told me so many marriage collapsed in his office on couples hearing their status.
I nursed her back to health. Did fertility test and discovered she has an one occluded tube( blocked tube) and hormonal imbalance. Treatment ensued and she took in and delivered a child. Yeah I was sleeping with her.

Now the issues are these:
She insult my family and have little regards for them.
She has little regards for my culture/ tradition and custom. Imagine a wife not wanting to learn and cook my native dish. She doesn't like attending my towns Union meeting or anything that have to do with my custom. Even if she doesn't enjoy the meeting, at least put up appearance and pretend to, if that will make ur spouse happy.
She is head strong and stubborn. Only like doing what please her. I'm not a dictator kinda guy but the few things I insist on and cheerish, do them.
Still wash my clothes (machine) and do house cleaning on my free Saturdays. If you ask her, she will say I'm not a slave.
Sexual satisfaction is out of it. Even with the position of things, I still want to carry out my conjugal rights but she will decline. But when it's baby making period, she will start coming to me.
She doesn't want to assist financially anymore.she believes I'm saving my money elsewhere or taking care of my parents ( I'm first born). All explanation to make her see that my earnings have dropped fails. Yet you support ur family and I don't complain. She also believe I may not be telling her the truth. This stems from something that happened while we were dating. I was financially irresponsible then. I lied that my salary was withheld. I took a loan from some loan sharks and it was killing me. I decided to gather all my salary and offset this debt. She found out and since then she doesn't believe.
I find it out to share information. I have always held information to myself. She compounded it by using the information I I shared with her against me when I decided to start opening up.

Right now I don belleful. I'm a staunch Christian but I'm ready to separate and go my way and damn all consequences. I will rather stay single now and hustle and take care of my son. I have stopped having sex with her. No need bringing in more kids to compound the issue..
I have strayed to other ladies from time to time even before now.. Can't die because someone decides to lock up. I'm not perfect but I have always told her to call my attention to my fsults

I just want mature folks input
Please if you are here to insult kindly visit other threads please. I want response from matured folk

Mod please don't take this story to front page. Leave it here please.
try and talk to her and let her put more trust upon you. she should even be grateful that u agreed to marry her and not to be an ingrate. if you talk to her and she is not willing to change her lazy and bad character, my brother just leave her for good cos there are a lot of woman that are ready to help and not to used as a dummy.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2018
Your wife is arrogant, unhelpful, lazy, vacuous, boorish & ungrateful. The mere fact that you stuck with here in spite of her H.I.V status shows that you're a matured, kind, loving & understanding man.

The only place where you erred was attempting to compel her into attending your village meetings - where village predators & unfriendly friends are more than likely to afflict your home or family.

But in all, I am going to say this once and I won't repeat myself. Divorce this lady and send her packing - if you want to live long to achieve your goals in life.

5 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by sisisioge: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Jisos! Please I hope you are taking retroviral drugs to ensure you don't get it at all! E Pele.

Follow your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
If all you said is true (including even the attend meetings for you bit) and my brother was the one in your shoes?
I would ask him to move on

If I was a man and I was caught in the web you spun above? I would leave

Heck even as a woman I do not “like” your wife
(if what you said is true). I am aware of the fact that chronic illness can make people depressed and act negatively, but it is her journey and responsibility to find her happy or at least know that there is a mate to care about even if a little. IMO when there is very little or no love and respect left in a union, the partners involved have absolutely no business staying together. Especially when there is a chance no matter how slim that either or even both of them could find other partners that they would be happier with.

Make the decision that would make you happy
Blessings

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by StPete: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
OP please do not listen to the keepinmum poster.

Whatever you value as a man stands, cos what one man sees as trash is what another man sees as treasure. Do not let other people bring in values of their own homes to yours and devalue yours thereby calling it unimportant.

If you ask me, you have tried so much for this woman. I know she has her good sides and that’s why you stood by her all these while. But if your mind tells you that it’s time to move on, pls do. I am particularly worried about her HIV status and a small slip and things could turn out the other way around. Kindly let her go if your heart yearns for it cos if this ur relationship should continue, I foresee anger, bitterness and frustration.

5 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by mysticwarrior(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
Staying and sleeping with a woman with HIV was a brave and dangerous decision, with all what you have written about this woman, if you are the one infected with HIV and she is negative do you think she would stay by your side and still be having sex with you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by mysticwarrior(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2018
keepingmum:
I see you deleted your 2nd post that - cooking your local dishes and attending your towns meeting is of most importance to you........

Oga if your culture and native dishes were important to you. You should have married from your village.
There are things you raised which i feel should be of more concern to you than culture and food.
Been married for almost a decade and half, oga does the laundry but i do it most - washing machine.....he always drys the clothes , i NEVER do

We are from different tribes as well. Oga doesnt believe in towns meeting etc , neither do i.

The HIV thing is no biggie as science has made conception easier with little risks of transmission of the virus to a spouse or child. So whilst i commend you for sticking, what you have done isnt something unusual. It happens alot.

If you want to end the marriage pls do. Stick to your slay queens or get an uneducated, unexposed has no intention to ever be exposed kind of wife that will cook you swallow with different village soups for breakfast, lunch and dinner . The type that will leave you on the weekends to attend village women's meeting from morning till night. Those ones that will mix with experienced retired ashangbas at the umunna meetings and get tutellage on how to be a coded runz wife......but it shouldnt matter to you, After all you ll get your village soups on demand and a wife who will carry big basin and soak to handwash your clothes as the village prince that you are

"
The HIV thing is no biggie as science has made conception easier with little risks of transmission of the virus to a spouse or child. So whilst i commend you for sticking, what you have done isnt something unusual. It happens alot"

this is the absolute height of pure aren't nonsense, judging from you writeup you are the type of woman that could do everything to infect her husband with HIV, and you sounded like you have HIV.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by NormalThing: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
You are the S.I unit of loyalty!

If you have made sacrifices as regards her hiv status (whether she knew or didnt know prior to marrying you). She should and must be willing to make sacrifices for you; and things such as having little regards for your culture/ tradition and custom. She not wanting to learn and cook your native dish and she not attending towns Union meeting or anything that have to do with your custom are very trivial things for her to put up with.
That she wont consider what you've gone through for her explains she has issues beyond your control. You have shown her respect by even hiding the status from her and your family however she isn't transparent with you, doesn't respect you, doesn't respect your family.
As a christian i can advise you to continue putting up with her since you are so good at it and have done it for this long. However, you wear the shoe and knows where it hurts the most so therefore, do what is on your mind (You know this). You are vindicated. Whatever choice you make, All righteousness is fulfilled.

P.S
Dont listen to the TOAD who wrote this line in one of his comments;

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by YourCoffin: 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
Bros, how do you want your coffin made?
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by LadySarah: 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
grin grin grin

The coffin should be 6ft 5 inches with the shape of a courageous p..enis.

If what you said is true,Op,you get heart die, as in...

If trust is broken ,its always difficult but there's always possibility of healing.You guys should talk to someone...

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by havilla(f): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
Sorry to say you married a useless woman who hid the fact that she had such a deadly disease as HIV and she didn’t care about infecting you. The truth is she never loved you, she probably just married you because you were stupid enough not to go for HIV test before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
havilla:
Sorry to say you married a useless woman who hid the fact that she had such a deadly disease as HIV and she didn’t care about infecting you. The truth is she never loved you, she probably just married you because you were stupid enough not to go for HIV test before marriage.

Your moniker reminded me of the land of Havilah where our ancestors - the Anunnaki who colonized Earth mined their gold.

Genesis 2: 11 - The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold.

The manner of your beauty is causing a movement & vibration at the base of my spine. grin

The spirit of my ancestors has revealed to me that your name is Noro Gwom and that you're a loyal damsel. grin

If you're still single, come - Let me take you on a journey across the seven seas & seven mountains into the belly of Nibiru from whence we came. grin

And I shall pour into your womb, my cosmic fluid which contains the elixir of life (the original soma plant).

Your chakras & DNA strands will be activated and you shall become immortal, blessed & fulfilled for life. grin

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by mysticwarrior(m): 3:32am On Dec 16, 2018
havilla:
I can see you have a problem of reading and understanding, didn't you read where the op stated that insults are unacceptable? why calling him stupid?
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 16, 2018
This is serious.
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by piroux(f): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2018
Wow!! I'm shocked you chose to stick to a woman who is HIV positive and sleep with her shocked
More guts, man!
But remove that staunch Christian nonsense from your post. You're not!! A staunch Christian will not stray and willfully commit sin. You will not ask her to go to town hall meetings and what not just because she's grateful to you, mba.

I for one, will never go for something that doesn't make me happy, at all. IG I go, it will be once. Asking her to do things that don't make her happy reeks or selfishness.
Love is kind, love is true and love bears no ill, a staunch Christian will know that.

I'm not married but I believe marriage should be give and take. You can work on your marriage without making your wife feel she should be indebted to you for staying with her.

For me, that HIV stuff is huge. But different strokes now.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by carammel(f): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2018
This one loud o, God will settle your home for you o.
....and are you sure you are immune to the virus or you just have undetectable viral load? Don't go spreading it to other women in the name of seeking succor outside matrimony o.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by i1: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2018
if I may ask what are you still doing with her?
she smacks of ingratitude and entitlement mentality, plus since I have gotten what I want let me show my true colors.
if she doesn't want to please you then why marry? marriage is about sacrifice in order to please or make your spouse happy. yes u don't want to learn how to cook afang soup but its his favorite so do it.
as to her status you did well by concealing it, but now she is using it against u, especially since she knows u won't talk. I am sure her family knew her status before you married.
as a lawyer my advise has changed because,
a. if u knew her status after marriage then u can divorce her.
b. if u knew her status after marriage but u still choose to continue, then u have accepted same.
my advise then is, either u bear ur cross or kick the ingrate out. God will surely provide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
Thanks everyone. I have been reading comments but couldn't comment cos I was banned by spam bot. I will revert back shortly
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2018
carammel:
This one loud o, God will settle your home for you o.
....and are you sure you are immune to the virus or you just have undetectable viral load? Don't go spreading it to other women in the name of seeking succor outside matrimony o.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I understand your concern. I was reckless.maybe God saw my plainness of purpose. I have been checking my status ever since and if I truly had the virus, it would have reached detectable levels by now. I studied a course very close to medicine..
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
piroux:
Wow!! I'm shocked you chose to stick to a woman who is HIV positive and sleep with her shocked
More guts, man!
But remove that staunch Christian nonsense from your post. You're not!! A staunch Christian will not stray and willfully commit sin. You will not ask her to go to town hall meetings and what not just because she's grateful to you, mba.

I for one, will never go for something that doesn't make me happy, at all. IG I go, it will be once. Asking her to do things that don't make her happy reeks or selfishness.
Love is kind, love is true and love bears no ill, a staunch Christian will know that.

I'm not married but I believe marriage should be give and take. You can work on your marriage without making your wife feel she should be indebted to you for staying with her.

For me, that HIV stuff is huge. But different strokes now.
Cooking your husband's fsvourite meal is being selfish? This is new for me. I thought marriage is about give and take.? A truly wise person will do these things knowing it will make her spouse happy. Maybe im selfish like you opined.
Lastly I never made/ make her feel indebted. I don't go about acting as if she owes me any debt. Matter of fact, I don't even mention the subject at home.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
havilla:
I'm very certain if you see me one on one you won't be able to muster enough courage to call me that

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
NormalThing:
You are the S.I unit of loyalty!

If you have made sacrifices as regards her hiv status (whether she knew or didnt know prior to marrying you). She should and must be willing to make sacrifices for you; and things such as having little regards for your culture/ tradition and custom. She not wanting to learn and cook your native dish and she not attending towns Union meeting or anything that have to do with your custom are very trivial things for her to put up with.
That she wont consider what you've gone through for her explains she has issues beyond your control. You have shown her respect by even hiding the status from her and your family however she isn't transparent with you, doesn't respect you, doesn't respect your family.
As a christian i can advise you to continue putting up with her since you are so good at it and have done it for this long. However, you wear the shoe and knows where it hurts the most so therefore, do what is on your mind (You know this). You are vindicated. Whatever choice you make, All righteousness is fulfilled.

P.S
Dont listen to the TOAD who wrote this line in one of his comments;

Thanks bro. I thought that would have been a little thing for her to do. Most women will easily do these things just to delight their husband. I wasn't really asking for too much.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by crankedup: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
keepingmum:

If you want to end the marriage pls do. Stick to your slay queens or get an uneducated, unexposed has no intention to ever be exposed kind of wife that will cook you swallow with different village soups for breakfast, lunch and dinner . The type that will leave you on the weekends to attend village women's meeting from morning till night. Those ones that will mix with experienced retired ashangbas at the umunna meetings and get tutellage on how to be a coded runz wife......but it shouldnt matter to you, After all you ll get your village soups on demand and a wife who will carry big basin and soak to handwash your clothes as the village prince that you are
You truly amazed me with your vainness. Get off your high horse. I never asked her to go to the village for the meeting. The meeting is a gathering of men and women from my home town in the city were we reside. That meeting has been highly helpful. If you are truly from the east, ( I doubt you are) then you will know the value of this.
Lastly I didn't delete that post, it was deleted by a spam bot or something and I was banned. Thanks for your own view

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by piroux(f): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
crankedup:

Cooking your husband's fsvourite meal is being selfish? This is new for me. I thought marriage is about give and take.? A truly wise person will do these things knowing it will make her spouse happy. Maybe im selfish like you opined.
Lastly I never made/ make her feel indebted. I don't go about acting as if she owes me any debt. Matter of fact, I don't even mention the subject at home.

But what else will you call it when you derive joy from something but she doesn't? I just think its different strokes for different folks. But being married, you both should make an effort to understand what you both like.

Have you ever tried to make her favorite food? You only have to do it once and she will reciprocate. Home building is not a woman's prerogative alone, it's a two way thing. Besides the HIV issue, which you seem to have overcome, everything else can be worked on with a little sacrifice and encouragement. God bless you.
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by NormalThing: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2018
piroux:

But what else will you call it when you derive joy from something but she doesn't? I just think its different strokes for different folks. But being married, you both should make an effort to understand what you both like.

Have you ever tried to make her favorite food? You only have to do it once and she will reciprocate. Home building is not a woman's prerogative alone, it's a two way thing. Besides the HIV issue, which you seem to have overcome, everything else can be worked on with a little sacrifice and encouragement. God bless you.

So she isn't selfish about possibly being aware of her + status before marrying him?
She isn't selfish about disrespecting him and insulting his family?

He hid her status from her family and his family to protect her.
He stayed with her all through the ordeal. Damned all consequences, still slept with her and stood by her like nothing happened.
Yet he is selfish because he demands that she at least cooks his favorite dish, attends cultural clan meetings.

Oga fun e.

And as one intelligent person rightly said here earlier. That woman and her family likely married you because you were "unintelligent" enough to not go for HIV screening since the regular sickness started way before you met.

4 Likes

Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by Greatzeus(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
Those of you still single,males or females,learn from all these posts you read here about marital challenges, nobody is immune to them. We use to think our own we be different but hey embarassed both the Op and his wife never planned it like it,but it happens anyway,learn and fear.
Re: Advise Needed From Matured Ladies And Gentlemen. by JoannaSedley(f): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
Sleeping with her even with her status shows what a rabid dog you were and still are. You maybe immune to the variant she had but if she finds out that you are cheating, she may reciprocate and feed you a HIV variant that replicates more than clostridium perfrigens.

The rest of your rambles is you talking and venting, you cannot survive your lifestyle alone without her contributions as obviously the girl comes from dough. With your reckless lifestyle and investment decisions you will always run back to her and the comfort of her dough and DOMESTIC SKILLS whatever the hell that means, so spare the bullsh!ts and remember to protect yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Made 4million Naira This Year / My Uncle Is Manipulating My Father Spiritually / Please Help Am Dying Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.