Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,433 members, 7,843,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume (351 Views)

Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume by Muttee: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2018

Ali Ndume, senator representing Borno south, says President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter on the request to present the 2019 budget on Wednesday is yet to be read on the floor of the senate.

The senate president who presides over plenary usually reads the letters from the executive.

Speaking on the importance of the presentation, Ndume pleaded with members of the house of representatives who threatened to boycott the budget presentation to have a rethink.

Some members of the lower legislative chamber had threatened to boycott the budget presentation over a comment credited to Udoma Udoma, minister of budget and national planning, that the national assembly was responsible for the delay in presentation.

The minister later clarified the statement that generated controversy.

But in a chat with NAN on Saturday, Ndume urged the federal lawmakers who issued the threat to reconsider their position in the interest of the nation.

The lawmaker noted that to quicken passage, it was imperative for the budget to reach the parliament before the Christmas break.

“I understand the reactions of the honourable members, is as a result of the unnecessary comment credited to the minister of budget as to who is responsible for the delay,” he said.

“My take on this is that two wrongs do not make a right and I want to appeal to my colleagues in the house of representatives to have a rethink because the president is not responsible for what the minister was alleged to have said.

“I feel national interest should be placed above any individual or group interest. As for the senate, the letter from Mr President as to when to present the budget has not been read.

“I feel the best thing to do is for the president to present the budget, especially before we go on Christmas break so that copies of the budget will be circulated to members to enable them start work on it.

“On resumption immediately after Christmas, we will start working on considering the budget for passage.

“So, I feel the reasonable thing to do is to receive Mr President in a joint session because it is very key to our national interest.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/ndume-saraki-is-yet-to-read-buharis-letter-on-budget-presentation.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume by Kenekingisback: 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
Not important...the trillions passed these years has not been felt.

Only stories about diversion such as NEMA, funding private broadcast stations etc have become the norm of the day.
Re: Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume by hatchy(f): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
Idiotic Boko Haram Senator.....

What do think Buhari wrote on the letter....a stark illiterate who can't even read ordinary newspaper except the cartoon section where he laughs like mumu that he is.

Re: Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume by saintjimos(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
HAS BUHARI SIGN THE ELECTORAL BILL ?

WHY RUSH TO PRESENT BUDGET IN DECEMBER, WHAT HAPPENED TO NOV, OCT HAS DEVELOP COUNTRY SHOULD

.DEMOCRACY
Re: Saraki Is Yet To Read Buhari’s Letter On Budget Presentation - Ali Ndume by GavelSlam: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Should they not read the resident's letter on the 2019, budget, they would have detracted from their legislative obligation.

(1) (Reply)

Court Asked To Disqualify Dapo Abiodun, APC Guber Candidate, Over Certificate Sc / Nigeria Youths Are In Bondage As Cabals Destroy The Country / Biafra: Charlyboy Makes U-turn, Says Nigeria Worse Than Zoo, Blasts PDP, APC(Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.