Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? (1981 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Anti-Adeboye Protesters / Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by OkaiCorne(m): 12:14am On Jan 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
He encouraged it in Mathew 23 : 23.
I consider that an implicit demand.

Was Matthew 23 v 23 talking about monetary tithes?

When did dill, mint and cummin become money?

Cc: seun
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 12:57am On Jan 03, 2019
OkaiCorne:

Was Matthew 23 v 23 talking about monetary tithes?

When dill, mint and cummin become money?

Cc: seun

So I should start paying tithe of ugwu leaf with 1/10 of my ugwu leaf abi?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by Zodiac61(m): 1:05am On Jan 03, 2019
Eh .. there was no church is Jesus's time.
Another Christian who knows nothing about his faith.

1 Like

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Are you implying there was nothing like money when Jesus was talking in Matthew 23 v 23?

Wasn't it Judas that later betrayed Jesus for some pieces of silver?

Again I ask, was Matthew 23 v 23 talking about monetary tithes?

Cc: Seun

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 6:32am On Jan 03, 2019
OkaiCorne:

Are you implying there was nothing like money when Jesus was talking in Matthew 23 v 23?

Wasn't it Judas that later betrayed Jesus for some pieces of silver?

Again I ask, was Matthew 23 v 23 talking about monetary tithes?

Stop dodging logical questions.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by babeosisi: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Judas was a treasurer among the disciples, managing the wealth of Jesus/Jesus Church, so how was the church run? I hope this gets to daddy-Freeze himself.

I need simple direct answers.

So you believe Jesus had a church ?
Read bible una no go read .na so so waka up.and down from crusade to crusade naming and claiming
Waiting for imaginary millions and sowing sterile seeds
Tomorrow now you will ask us the name of the sister that led choruses at the said church

3 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by OkaiCorne(m): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Stop dodging logical questions.

What is logical about disobeying God's laid down instructions on tithing?

Does Matthew 23 v 23 talk about monetary tithing? Yes or No

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2019
OkaiCorne:

What is logical about disobeying God's laid down instructions on tithing?
Does Matthew 23 v 23 talk about monetary tithing? Yes or No
So I should start tithing garri and groundnut abi?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2019
awesomeJ:
He received and accepted monetary support. Even had a treasurer.

Nobody demands tithe in my church. They just make the call to whoever has chosen to come to church with his. Try go to a real church, you'll find nobody drags you up your seat if you never step out to pay tithe or give offerings. No matter how long you refrain from giving, you'd still be welcome in church
What is the name of this gathering where obligatory ecclesiastical monitised tithe giving is not done and what is the name of the person who shepherds this gathering please?

babeosisi:
So you believe Jesus had a church ?
Read bible una no go read .na so so waka up.and down from crusade to crusade naming and claiming
Waiting for imaginary millions and sowing sterile seeds
Tomorrow now you will ask us the name of the sister that led choruses at the said church
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, a small rock and upon the large rock I will build my congregation {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones}, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her."
- Matthew 16:18

babeosisi, dont mind CodeTemplar, the lust, unhealty attraction and sense of entitlement to obligatory ecclesiastical monitised tithe giving is so strong that him and other obligatory ecclesiastical monitised tithe-merchants fail to understand that Jesus never had "church" in His lifetime whilst physically being on earth "church". Jesus said on that small rock He'll build His ekklesia, He never said He has built or will build "church" in His lifetime.

CodeTemplar:
Yes you are because that is the constituted law and/or laid down rule

As AwesomeJ said, Jesus received and accepted money towards the support of His ministry but the fact and truth of the money received by Judas on behalf of Jesus were free giving, they are money, not obtained under cajoling, money not obtained by persuading donors to give when they might not want to, money not obtained by issuing unpleasant talks about disaster looming or gloom and doom being ahead for non-tithers, it is not money obtained from specifying a fixed amount like 10% imposition on or donors and everyone

CodeTemplar and alBHAGDADI are unrepetant and unremorseful over the Oyedepo's Winners Chapel and Adeboye's RCCG guerilla tactic attitude towards obtaining obligatory ecclesiastical monitised tithe giving impositions from their fellowships.

Surely, Jesus' words in Matthew 23:23, where He criticized the law tithe-keeping Pharisees, made it very clear that diligent tithing is no guarantee that you are pleasing God, and we all know, that imposed upon obligatory ecclesiastical monitised tithe giving is not a guarantee of financial riches or breakthrough.

Isn't it strange that the main point of the talk during the only three times, the words tithe and tithes were mentioned in the New Testament centred on and around the word hypocrisy and how the legalistic Jews who boasted of their tithing achievements.

Jesus actually cursed tithe-payers for their hypocrisy. Jesus said woe unto the tithe-payers for their hypocrisy and downplayed tithes, saying that they are not nearly as important as matters of the heart such as: justice, mercy, faith, and humbleness. Bear in mind, the new covenant has not yet been inaugurated and so He as well as all his hearers are still under the old covenant.

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:23am On Jan 03, 2019
CodeTemplar:
So I should start tithing garri and groundnut abi?

Does Matthew 23 v 23 talk about monetary tithes? Yes or No

2 Likes

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:47am On Jan 03, 2019
For the attention of all reading, please dont mention me nor anyone or quote from me or anyone from my last post above, you will get banned if you fail to notice or try to ignore this stern warning

1 Like

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by xpmode(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
How did he get the money Judas was in charge of?

Nice one The guy will be posting as if he doesn't think. I sometimes wonder if he was the brain behind Nairaland.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by xpmode(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2019
Seun:

Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when he was still alive?

What does Matt 5:17 means to you, I will not quote go and read. After reading you decide yourself if Jesus need to give instruction or commandment about monetary tithes
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:55am On Jan 03, 2019
xpmode:
Nice one The guy will be posting as if he doesn't think. I sometimes wonder if he was the brain behind Nairaland.
It is very clear you don't understand his question.

Think about, did Jesus demand or receive monetary tithes for His ministry, is different to, did Judas receive, on behalf of Jesus, money?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by xpmode(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Think about, did Jesus demand or receive monetary tithes is different to did Judas receive, on behalf of Jesus, money?

You should be sincere to yourself and answer if Jesus as a person constitutes the authority that should receive the tithe as stipulated in Torah
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2019
xpmode:
You should be sincere to yourself and answer if Jesus as a person constitutes the authority that should receive the tithe as stipulated in Torah
If you are not being prevaricating, I wish you be sincere and honest enough to admit that Jesus wasn't a descendant of Aaron neither was He from the tribe of Levi, as in he wasn't a Levite. Also that He was neither an earthly king or earthly priest whilst He was on earth to qualify Him to receive or take tithes in either of those capacity.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Think about, did Jesus demand or receive monetary tithes for His ministry, is different to, did Judas receive, on behalf of Jesus, money?
Those guys are avoiding simple questions after 40 comments here. Jesus was aware Judas was keeping money the twelve disciple spent.
Most folks here are avoiding the question because they know the answer to it will expose their opposition of tithes and other seeds.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
xpmode:

MuttleyLaff:

CodeTemplar:
Those guys are avoiding simple questions after 40 comments here. Jesus was aware Judas was keeping money the twelve disciple spent.
Most folks here are avoiding the question because they know the answer to it will expose their opposition of tithes and other seeds.

Seun:
Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when he was still alive?
It is you who started first, to avoid directly answering Seun's simple question.

You prevaricated because you knew honestly answering the question will expose the truth that Jesus Christ did not demand obligatory monitised tithe giving from His followers and/or admirers for Him or His ministry when He was alive

1 Like

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by xpmode(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

It is you who started first, to avoid directly answering Seun's simple question.

You prevaricated because you knew honestly answering the question will expose the truth that Jesus Christ did not demand obligatory monitised tithe giving from His followers and/or admirers for Him or His ministry when He was alive

Am not evading any question, am forcing out the truth from you.

Yourself had said it all that Jesus Christ is not in place to receive or take tithes. His silence on the matter simply means noting is be change concerning Tithing. The Apostles were silent on it as well because tithing is a general custom/practice, permit me to say Standing Order

Either of Jesus or the Apostle could not as well demand for tithe from their congregation because that will amount to overriding the already existing Law and that will also contradict Matt 5:17.

But on the aspect of freewill offering/giving, that is not Levitical, Both Jesus and the Apostles talk about it.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 12:46am On Jan 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You are wrong because Mathew 23:23 proves tithing is alive. I already answered Seun's question directly.
Seun asked :
Seun:

I replied.

He encouraged it in Mathew 23 : 23.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by doyinbaby(f): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
they use it almost every week in winners ( oyedepo ). Its most busy period of use is the church leadership needs to go round the major state branches and intl stations. It can be in persistent use for months. Imagine going to two branches per state then just 10 of the africa based international stations yearly. Add the more unpredictable aid mission to it also.
That's almost a busy allround yearly schedule. People just saw picture of Oyedepo using it and they assume he is going to play golf or just flying it. He works more than 19 hrs a day and hardly rests.
a church like redeem needs a private jet because there branches are spread all over the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:21am On Jan 04, 2019
xpmode:
Am not evading any question, am forcing out the truth from you.

Yourself had said it all that Jesus Christ is not in place to receive or take tithes. His silence on the matter simply means noting is be change concerning Tithing. The Apostles were silent on it as well because tithing is a general custom/practice, permit me to say Standing Order

Either of Jesus or the Apostle could not as well demand for tithe from their congregation because that will amount to overriding the already existing Law and that will also contradict Matt 5:17.

But on the aspect of freewill offering/giving, that is not Levitical, Both Jesus and the Apostles talk about it.
What has Matthew 5:17 got to do with the matter on ground? SMH. You not only evade anwering questions but you're also skilled in prooftexting as well. SMH. How many tricks, more, up your sleeve have you?

Please, dont mind what I wrote or said, just simply, ordinarily and outrightly go straight to answering Seun's direct and straightforward question, after that we can look at and deal with your prooftexted Matthew 5:17

Now again, do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when He was still alive?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
You are wrong because Mathew 23:23 proves tithing is alive. I already answered Seun's question directly.
You are completely and utterly wrong that tithing is alive and this is because tithing ceased to be alive, after the temple got destroyed and razed to the ground in 70 AD by the Romans

CodeTemplar:
Seun asked:
"Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when he was still alive?"

I replied.:
He encouraged it in Matthew 23:23.

Do you see how you've again prevaricated?
1/ When Seun asked that question, do you think, he didnt know the difference between demand and encourage?
2/ Did Jesus in that verse Matthew 23:23 address His observation about tithing ectetera to His followers when he was still alive or it was to the Pharisees?
3/ Please just simply, ordinarily and outrightly answer Seun's question
Now again, do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from his followers when He was still alive?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are completely and utterly wrong that tithing is alive and this is because tithing ceased to be alive, after the temple got destroyed and razed to the ground in 70 AD by the Romans.

Do you see how you've again prevaricated?
1/ When Seun asked that question, do you think, he didnt know the difference between demand and encourage?
2/ Did Jesus in that verse Matthew 23:23 address His observation about tithing ectetera to His followers when he was still alive or it was to the Pharisees?
3/ Please just simply, ordinarily and outrightly answer Seun's question
Now again, do you believe that Jesus
demanded monetary tithes from his followers when He was still alive?

So if according to you Jesus was addressing the Pharisees alone and not his followers it means only the Pharisee are suppose to be paying tithes right?

If he didn't demand it then what was Judas keeping in his treasury ? or are you suggesting they were all voluntary gifts to Jesus?

Please stop misyarning.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by xpmode(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Here we go straight and unbiased answer

I wish you be sincere and honest enough to admit that Jesus wasn't a descendant of Aaron neither was He from the tribe of Levi, as in he wasn't a Levite. Also that He was neither an earthly king or earthly priest whilst He was on earth to qualify Him to receive or take tithes in either of those capacity.

Now answer my own qustion
Q1: If Jesus would demand for any form of tithe, on what ground would he claim without contradicting Matt 5:17?
Q2: If Jesus need tithe What stop him from asking (in view of John 6:9-11)?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2019
xpmode:
Here we go straight and unbiased answer

I wish you be sincere and honest enough to admit that Jesus wasn't a descendant of Aaron neither was He from the tribe of Levi, as in he wasn't a Levite. Also that He was neither an earthly king or earthly priest whilst He was on earth to qualify Him to receive or take tithes in either of those capacity.

Now answer my own qustion
Q1: If Jesus would demand for any form of tithe, on what ground would he claim without contradicting Matt 5:17?
Q2: If Jesus need tithe What stop him from asking (in view of John 6:9-11)?
I will not hesitate to answer your very simple question, if only you just can directly answer Seun's without continually avoiding to give a Yes or No that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers when He was still alive on earth

So here is another opportunity for you to redeem yourself: Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers when He was still alive?
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
So if according to you Jesus was addressing the Pharisees alone and not his followers it means only the Pharisee are suppose to be paying tithes right?

If he didn't demand it then what was Judas keeping in his treasury ? or are you suggesting they were all voluntary gifts to Jesus?

Please stop misyarning.
If only you just can directly answer Seun's without continually avoiding to give a Yes or No that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers when He was still alive on earth

So here is another opportunity for you to redeem yourself: Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
If only you just can directly answer Seun's without continually avoiding to give a Yes or No that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers when He was still alive on earth

So here is another opportunity for you to redeem yourself: Do you believe that Jesus demanded monetary tithes from His followers
I already answered that question. Tithe was one of Gods many idea amongst other ideas and Jesus only amended the ones that needed amendment or corrected them appropriately.

In Mathew 23:23 Jesus only made tithe a less weightier matter of all four matters on that list but he never stopped it as your are trying to subtly insinuate here.
In your JSS or primary school I am sure you were introduced to something called "scale of preference". It simple means in a list of things needed some thing are more important than others and so get higher priority. That makes the answer to Seuns question an "implicit YES" because the will of the father is the pleasure of the son - Jesus. Stop feigning illiteracy in your bid to win argument sir.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2019
Bunch of tithe merchants, out of their depths, ignorantly responding to posts on this thread. SMH
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by MuttleyLaff: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I already answered that question. Tithe was one of Gods many idea amongst other ideas and Jesus only amended the ones that needed amendment or corrected them appropriately.

In Mathew 23:23 Jesus only made tithe a less weightier matter of all four matters on that list but he never stopped it as your are trying to subtly insinuate here.
In your JSS or primary school I am sure you were introduced to something called "scale of preference". It simple means in a list of things needed some thing are more important than others and so get higher priority. That makes the answer to Seuns question an "implicit YES" because the will of the father is the pleasure of the son - Jesus. Stop feigning illiteracy in your bid to win argument sir.
You are insulting Seun's intelligence and everyone else who have fingers in their mouths, nail biting waiting with breathe abated to see you answer that question without continually ducking and diving away from it.

If Seun wanted an implicit "Yes" he would have stated that but unfortunately for you, he didn't and never expected an implicit answer from you.

I don't understand why you are bent on complicating answering a simple and straightforward answer. You should ashamed for stooping so low to try and play the "... bid to win an argument sir" card. That was pathetic attitude to the discussion I am having with you.
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are completely and utterly wrong that tithing is alive and this is because tithing ceased to be alive, after the temple got destroyed and razed to the ground in 70 AD by the Romans

Lol....
Re: To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? by CodeTemplar: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You are insulting Seun's intelligence and everyone else who have fingers in their mouths, nail biting waiting with breathe abated to see you answer that question without continually ducking and diving away from it.

If Seun wanted an implicit "Yes" he would have stated that but unfortunately for you, he didn't and never expected an implicit answer from you.

I don't understand why you are bent on complicating answering a simple and straightforward answer. You should ashamed for stooping so low to try and play the "... bid to win an argument sir" card. That was pathetic attitude to the discussion I am having with you.
Always holding brief for other men because of your damaged reputation. lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Did Not Die, I Did Not Go To Heaven, Hell- Margaret Amure / Easy Way To Make An Atheist Become A Believer. / Catholic Rev Frs Raping, Impregnating, And Forcing Rev Srs To Do Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.