Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes (50530 Views)

Enugu Policemen Ran Away After Their Roadblock Caused Multiple Car Accident / One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha / Multiple Car Accidents Along Benin-Ore Express Road, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by obafemee80(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bd9UpZo9fU

I know scenes like this rarely happen in Nigeria. But imagine going about your normal day and all of a sudden, you saw hundreds to thousands of Naira notes land in front of you .

This is exactly what happened in New Jersey as the faulty rear doors of Brink’s armored truck spilled over half a million dollar notes on the highway .

The incident caused at least 2 crashes ,minor fender benders and a major traffic backup, as people scrambled out of their cars to pickup the free flying money.

An observer at the scene said:
“The driver of the Brink’s truck looked like he was laughing and crying at the same time"

“He wasn’t mad and yelling at people. He just looked like he thought it was so absurd.”

Police say two bags of cash fell out, one contained $140,000 and the other had $370,000. They are currently looking at social media, videos and photos to try to identify people and cars that could be tracked down in order to recover about $300,000 (₦109m) that is still missing.

A similar incident happened in May this year when a Brink’s armored truck spilled an estimated $600,000 (approximately ₦218m) onto an interstate highway in Indianapolis,USA.

https://autojosh.com/armored-truck-spilled-over-₦182m-on-new-jersey-highwayscauses-multiple-car-crashes/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by kiddoiLL(m): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
He he... don't be so surprised if they fish out those missing money and catch the people who might've taken it... These guys don go far with their security and Tech... Naija here?? Lol Almost all the boys for that road go cooperate and sort the money between themselves.. I love my naija

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Sunnymatey(m): 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
This can't happen in naija

But if it does, better run for ur life cus black n black won't hesitate to shoot at people making attempt to pick the free cash

46 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by daddytime(m): 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2018
Merry Christmas. ..
Some sharp naija guy go pick now buy ticket enter naija come oppress small...

This is the true meaning of "I don pick money".

16 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by davillian(m): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
Na to bend down and pic na
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Aieboocaar(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
seee money
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Thelonewolff(f): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
merry Xmas to them

1 Like

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Okoyeebos: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Reminds me of something that happened some years ago.

Some robbers robbed a bank bullion van and killed some policemen. These robbers fled when they saw more policemen were coming.

The first set of policemen who got to the scene simply took the remaining money the robbers abandoned and reported that the robbers took all the money.

10 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by emeijeh(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
I thought they said it is only Nigerians that are "UNPATRIOTIC" ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by cozy7(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
VOTE OMOYELE SOWORE (AAC) FOR PRESIDENT 2019

OMOYELE SOWORE

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Amuluonyenaego: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
APC ON IT AGAIN
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Mrbaz1: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
Buhariiiiii...see what u caused
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
I saw the video on Wendy yesterday.
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Blackfire(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
Yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Nomesky: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by selfmadeboss: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
183 m and only $300,000 missing? those residents deserve serious beating embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by mofedamijo(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
kiddoiLL:
He he... don't be so surprised if they fish out those missing money and catch the people who might've taken it... These guys don go far with their security and Tech... Naija here?? Lol Almost all the boys for that road go cooperate and sort the money between themselves.. I love my naija
They can’t, ever heard of cleaning dirty money.
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by fiercehillz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Accidental discharge go happen if na naija.
Look but don't pick...NPF nor get joy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by oluwasegun007(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
Police would just be shooting anyhow if it were to be in naija....and it's not into the air oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by abdulaz: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mana from above.

Dem even get luck say dey fit recover some sef.

If na naija Na everything boys for pick.

2 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by biosilicon: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
many Nigerians right now

19 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by moscobabs(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
Human race are the same,same blood flow in our heart.

Both oyinbo,Arab and black like free money

4 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by nograv: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2018
VOTE OMOYELE SOWORE (AAC) FOR PRESIDENT 2019

OMOYELE SOWORE

3 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by UrVillagePpl: 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bd9UpZo9fU

I know scenes like this rarely happen in Nigeria. But imagine going about your normal day and all of a sudden, you saw hundreds to thousands of Naira notes land in front of you .

This is exactly what happened in New Jersey as the faulty rear doors of Brink’s armored truck spilled over half a million dollar notes on the highway .

The incident caused at least 2 crashes ,minor fender benders and a major traffic backup, as people scrambled out of their cars to pickup the free flying money.

An observer at the scene said:

Police say two bags of cash fell out, one contained $140,000 and the other had $370,000. They are currently looking at social media, videos and photos to try to identify people and cars that could be tracked down in order to recover about $300,000 (₦109m) that is still missing.

A similar incident happened in May this year when a Brink’s armored truck spilled an estimated $600,000 (approximately ₦218m) onto an interstate highway in Indianapolis,USA.

https://autojosh.com/armored-truck-spilled-over-₦182m-on-new-jersey-highwayscauses-multiple-car-crashes/

this ppl shouldn't play wit me oo,. where is da picture..
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
b
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by antidote06: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Do u need a fine art teacher?pls cal me on 08051716879,i live in uyo, akwa ibom state
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by suyamasta(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hahahahaha with the high rate of poverty in our Naija the bank better write that money off,

2 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Gboliwe: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kindly follow this link and do not hesitate to help. Nothing, absolutely nothing is small.

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread/9#1315227.292
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by Anijay1212(m): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2018
I better not say anything before they use it against me.
Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by sunisonflex29(m): 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
U can never see better accident laidis in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Armored Truck Spilled ₦182M On New Jersey Highways, Causes Multiple Car Crashes by aadoiza: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2018
selfmadeboss:
183 m and only $300,000 missing? those residents deserve serious beating embarassed
The OP has successfully confused you with Naira and Dollar

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paulcy Cyprian Iwuala In A Motor Accident - Photos / Flood Washes Away Bridge In Imo, FUTO Students, Road Users Stranded (Photos) / Accident Victims Who Died Along Keffi - Garaku Road. Do You Know Them? (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.