Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,424 members, 7,830,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead (30685 Views)

Bus Jerrican-Made Fuel Tank Shocks Lagos Passengers (Video, Photo) / Military Aircraft, King Air 350 Crashes In Abuja, 6 Passengers Feared Dead / Accident On Eko Bridge In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead After. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Originalsly: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hmmm....and that's what the manager has to say? I expect him to immediately launch a crackdown on all unsafe trucks.... grounding them wherever they be. As citizens...we have to take action as well to force the authorities to do something. Action like?.... forcing an unsafe truck to stop with the help of other motorists....letting out the air from all the tyres.... why should the driver risk his life to intervene at that point?...a collective beat down would serve as a deterrent. How can such action help? The driver would be stranded... cargo may be stolen... owner would be losing money with a down truck... losing money to get the tyres inflated again.... and maybe having to take emergency y measures to secure the container. Why would the driver run such risk agai?...why would the owner? We have the power to bring about a whole lot of changes.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by BabaO2: 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
Why still allowing many container trucks both into and out of Lagos without latching?
Many petrol laden trucks with less capacity compare to their content are still struggling to climb otedola bridge contrary to words of mouth by ambode's government after the last tragic accident on same bridge.
We will get nothing right under ambode, they are too defensive.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
hatchy:
Na wao!

This country sef.....no safety standard at all.

Why did I even come from this shit hole ehn!

Bro that's y there is airport
Just to get d necessary Documents and off u go....dat should b ur new year resolution
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by FantasticJ: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
goaldynboy:
I hope nobody died!!

"A fatal accident occurred earlier today as a 20 foot container fell on two cars in Lagos. The accident occurred on Saturday evening.

According to available information, the accident occurred between Maryland and Ikeja."

The above report is contradictory!
1. Between Maryland and Ikeja? But Maryland is part of and inside Ikeja.

2. You said it occurred today? Today is Sunday! In another breathe, you stated the accident occurred on Saturday evening?!

Maryland is not inside Ikeja. If you enter Danfo pay them what would take you to Maryland then don't get down and see the movie that would follow.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Originalsly:
Hmmm....and that's what the manager has to say? I expect him to immediately launch a crackdown on all unsafe trucks.... grounding them wherever they be. As citizens...we have to take action as well to force the authorities to do something. Action like?.... forcing an unsafe truck to stop with the help of other motorists....letting out the air from all the tyres.... why should the driver risk his life to intervene at that point?...a collective beat down would serve as a deterrent. How can such action help? The driver would be stranded... cargo may be stolen... owner would be losing money with a down truck... losing money to get the tyres inflated again.... and maybe having to take emergency y measures to secure the container. Why would the driver run such risk agai?...why would the owner? We have the power to bring about a whole lot of changes.

Easier said than done
Go and listen to fella song

Na fear b nigeria problem and nothing more
I get pkin for hux, I wan enjoy life, I wan go school o

Dats is what u hear in a average nigeria youth mouth

2 Likes

Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Dedetwo(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Nigeria is a shithole indeed.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by ecnuel: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
goaldynboy:
I hope nobody died!!

"A fatal accident occurred earlier today as a 20 foot container fell on two cars in Lagos. The accident occurred on Saturday evening.

According to available information, the accident occurred between Maryland and Ikeja."

2. You said it occurred today? Today is Sunday! In another breathe, you stated the accident occurred on Saturday evening?!

Are these things you are pointing out more important to you? For your information, the original post was made yesterday. That you just stumbled upon it today is no one's fault.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by propsvila: 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Saw one untastrapped container along Lagos-Badagry express way in a very dangerous spot with a bus fully loaded with passenger by the side of it.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by UncletC: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
Why can't this port be decongested for once..... all these catastrophes are too much.......
is there no solution to this issue? if no solution, continue.

if there is solution, whosoever refuses to provide it will face similar castastrophe
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Iamzik: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
goaldynboy:
I hope nobody died!!

Hehehe
Op Nairaland VAR caught you red handed
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Originalsly: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Easier said than done
Go and listen to fella song

Na fear b nigeria problem and nothing more
I get pkin for hux, I wan enjoy life, I wan go school o

Dats is what u hear in a average nigeria youth mouth

Hmmm.....the root of Nigeria's problem in a nutshell.....fear.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
Originalsly:

Hmmm.....the root of Nigeria's problem in a nutshell.....fear.

Nobody wan die
Anything d media tells us we quickly accept it without questioning

Nigeria problem will take a long very long time let's say 70 years to come b4 we can become better because even if good govt come in
We need to eliminate dat fear from our heart first

Wen d govt know dat the citizens are always afraid trust me they will pray on dat fear
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Mysselff2: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
hatchy:
Na wao!

This country sef.....no safety standard at all.

Why did I even come from this shit hole ehn!

Are you questioning God??
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Max24: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
Does Buhari cares ?
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by mechanics(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
Jay1F:
God protect all of us IJN
Amen.
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
OMG I don't know it's serious like this. The hold up it caused yesterday eh
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Grace001: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mysselff2:

Are you questioning God??

No he/she is questioning his/her parents or maybe his/her ancestors . cheesy grin grin
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by imagrg(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
Road Safety Officials, where were you?
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by GIFTD: 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
We do our best and God take care of the rest.
aonag:
al the people asking God to protect them and their fsmilies are mad. are these ones who died not other peoples families? as long as it doesnt affect you directly it can continie to happen. this is what i am reading here. instead make una start revolution for this nigeriawey be death trao everybody just dey dey do like say nothing dey happen. see deah wey them suppose don avoid na him kill people just like that...useless country and people
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Denikayan: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
daddytime:
Jeez...

May we and our loved ones be held up else where the day the roads gets thirsty for blood.

They have come again with prayers

This can happen to anybody irrespective of prayers

The root cause of accident should be the subject here and how to mitigate against future occurrence, but Prayers is all we can offer in this part of the world

Who told you the roads gets thirsty of Blood. DAMN!

Nigeria's educational system needs to be revised
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by virago(f): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
goaldynboy:
I hope nobody died!!

It happened on Saturday around 3pm , I passed by at that time and saw the accident. It happened just after Protea hotel ( if you're headed to Maryland )

1 Like

Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Mysselff2: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
Grace001:

No he/she is questioning his/her parents or maybe his/her ancestors . cheesy grin grin

Oh I see
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Bimpe29: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
Inna lillahi wa ina ileyi rajiuna.

1 Like

Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by youngRx(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
h
Re: Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead by Boxer007(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ezechinwa:
We never learn as a country, the same issue will still occur again and again and again, our reaction is always @it is not my portion@ rather than learning and preventing the issue. Africans are just religious fanatics

Hi darling. Please can you suck dik good sir?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scrap Plane Spotted At A Fuel-Station In Igando / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run / 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.