Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze (352 Views)

E-Money’s Convoy As He Heads Home From Church (Photos) / Toyin Abraham Fights Mercy Aigbe Over Omoni Oboli: 'You Are A Hypocrite' / Ali Baba Comes For Fans Who Called Him A Hypocrite For Dining With Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by OgaGist: 6:05am On Dec 16, 2018
Broadcaster and leader of the Free Nation Online Church, Ifedayo Olarinde, aka Daddy Freeze, was recently called out on social media after his church members bought him a phone, an act he preaches against when done by other pastors.

Explaining why he collected the phone, Olarinde told Sunday Scoop, “I’ve never been against collecting gifts and I tell my congregation that, especially if the gifts aren’t as ridiculous as private jets. We don’t take tithes or offerings; we don’t sow seeds and any of the monetary compensations the regular churches have, such as pastor’s appreciation fund and the likes.

There is nowhere in the Bible that gifts were turned down; so, we can’t turn gifts down. What’s important is that a preacher must tell his congregation that the blessing of giving is in giving to the poor, not to the church or the preacher. I tell my congregation that whatever gifts they give me are gifts of love. I have needs too. That doesn’t make me a hypocrite.”

Recounting why he started the church, Freeze said, “When I started preaching, people started following what I preached and started believing in it just because I could back up what I was saying. By this time, people had stopped going to church. If you listen to four of my teachings, you’ll stop going to church. So, one of my egbons (big brother) asked me what I had planned for the people who had pulled out of church and had started following me since somehow, they had to have their spiritual lives catered for. Since they had left the church to come with me, I had to cater to their spiritual needs.

That’s when it was ministered to me that I had to open a centre, and because of the issues the church and I had, not wanting to seem defiant or combatant, it was again ministered to me to start an online church. All you need to be a part of our church is data on your phone.”

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/collecting-gifts-from-church-members-doesnt-make-me-a-hypocrite-daddy-freeze

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by OgaGist: 6:05am On Dec 16, 2018
cool
Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Your wahala.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Nwodosis(m): 6:09am On Dec 16, 2018
I believed 100% in all that Daddy Freeze said about tithing, but on this his receiving ministration, my people, he's on his on own on that!

1 Like

Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by madone: 6:12am On Dec 16, 2018
Lols ..someone should tell that man that gift is gift whether it's private jet or mobile phone. Mr freeze shouldn't have accepted that gift

2 Likes

Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Baawaa(m): 6:12am On Dec 16, 2018
When you talk too much,you put yourself in trouble grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Donald95(m): 6:16am On Dec 16, 2018
Baawaa:
When you talk too much,you put yourself in trouble grin grin grin grin

The difference between him and many other Men of God alias god of men is that he does not force you to sow a seed or threaten you if you don't. Out of your own good heart you give. Trust me, that is the type of giving that God will bless you for.

BTW, 31st December is getting close and right now, Church political unit is busy Analysing the political situation of nigeria so as the prophet in charge will make a prophecy/Prediction that will correspond with 2019 election outcome. Deceiving foolish followers
Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Peterdreddblog(m): 6:36am On Dec 16, 2018
angry
Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Joshmodest(m): 6:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Daddy freeze is my guy .... anything he say s is factual and correct ,to those who aren't affected by religious astigmatism.... insult him , all u want you'll see him in heaven .. and u may not see ur MCM
Re: Collecting Gifts From Church Members Doesn’t Make Me A Hypocrite – Daddy Freeze by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Daddy Freeze, let the Lord reward you.

Don't accept any form of gift, tell your members to gift them to the poor or gather the gifts and sell, give the money to the Nigerian Army, make them buy weapons.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Ariana Grande Posts And Removes Mac Miller / Toyin Lawani Drags Nina On Twitter, Calls Her A Bitch And Accuses Her Of Speakin / ‘in My Opinion, 90 Percent Of Nigerian Men Are Like Jeff Bezos’ – Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.