Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,810 members, 7,862,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Akwa Ibom Results: Someone Clarify O! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Results: Someone Clarify O! (982 Views)

We Can't Cancel Rivers And Akwa Ibom Results - INEC / We Can’t Cancel Rivers, Akwa Ibom Results –INEC / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Results: Someone Clarify O! by jobinaija(m): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
Ok, I just heard on NTA, the results of Akwa Ibom election, PDP's Godswill Akpabio has over 1 million votes, and the 2nd place has 19 thousand somethin? did I hear right? I'm in the U.S. so the only station I get is NTA, and haven't been able to find anything on the internet to verify. I mean, a PDP victory in almost every state is expected, but they no fit pay somebody to make the vote look less rigged?

People can go back and forth about the status of this election as free, fair, and safe. As far as the entire election, from what I've been seeing from various sources, this can only be described as, 'inconclusive'. Not like 1999 which was believed by most if not all as free and fair, or the opposite, in 2003 which was believed by most to be completely rigged. So far it looks like free and fair in some places, disorganized, violent and corrupt in other places.

I am glad for the high turnout, glad it was a success in many places, but disappointed for the disorganization and my heart goes out to those who were killed or victims of the violence.

God help us next week, Lets hope we can make more sense of the happenings,
Re: Akwa Ibom Results: Someone Clarify O! by azorjiu(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2007
y did u decide to start a new thread on election when several of similar threads are running?
Re: Akwa Ibom Results: Someone Clarify O! by jobinaija(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2007
trying to find an answer to a specific question, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Count Down To May 29! / Most Hated Govt Agencies / Should Obama Pick Hillary Clinton As His Running Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.