Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband (2092 Views)

Poll: Should he be reinstated after his ex's forgiveness?

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 43% (7 votes)
its not up to his wife: 31% (5 votes)
it will send wrong msg 2 other woman beaters: 12% (2 votes)
The gods will be angry: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

President Buhari's Shoes Costs $8000 - Adeyanju Deji Claims (photos) / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace / Ogoni People Pledges Support For Biafra, Seeks Forgiveness From The Igbos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Ex-Deji of Akure’s Queen seeks forgiveness for husband[/size]
By Our Correspondent
Monday, 2 Aug 2010

The estranged wife of the deposed Deji of Akure, Mrs. Bolanle Adesina, has appealed to the state government and the people of Akure to forgive her husband and reinstate him.

Bolanle

The former Deji, Oluwadare Adesina, was deposed and banished by the state government for allegedly inflicting injuries on his wife during a public brawl two months ago.

But the erstwhile queen addressed journalists in Akure on Sunday evening and declared that she had reconciled with her husband and wish to put the ugly past behind her.

She said her decision was based on the outcome of the reconciliatory meetings between her family and that of her husband which took place in Owo and Akure.

The former queen also disclosed that she had asked her lawyers to withdraw the legal suit she instituted against her husband from the court.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010080216565767
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
Please vote.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2010
I say women are their own worst enemies.

The Deji is about to face the law and the woman/victim wants to obstruct it

If the Deji now kills her tomorrow Then the women activists would come out.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Travelista(f): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2010
*stares at picture*

Did she really let them take a picture of her in her hair net? *takes deep breath* She needs to sit down; she probably just misses the privileges of being Queen and rationalizes that a few love taps are worth being fawned over. I'm still mad at that picture of her; all she's missing is chewing stick fragments around her mouth to complete the portrait.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by EzeUche22(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
It is not up for her to ask for forgiveness on his behalf. He desserved to be stripped of his title, because his actions were unbecoming of a traditional leader.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Obviously, she's being blackmailed or threatened. . . . duh

Travelista:

*stares at picture*

Did she really let them take a picture of her in her hair net? *takes deep breath* She needs to sit down; she probably just misses the privileges of being Queen and rationalizes that a few love taps are worth being fawned over. I'm still mad at that picture of her; all she's missing is chewing stick fragments around her mouth to complete the portrait.
That pix was taken while she was in the hospital. . . . after being beaten by her hubby. Her hair was the last thing on her mind.

Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2010
dayokanu:

You have no idea on the forces and powers she is up against. That is the fate of Nigerian woman. I assure you that even her own father will not support her to move a motion that will ensure the ex-oba goes to jail.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Gbam.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Travelista(f): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That pix was taken while she was in the hospital. . . . after being beaten by her hubby. Her hair was the last thing on her mind.

I feel terrible!  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I had no idea that the picture was taken in the hospital; I only saw the tiny snapshot in the OP. Oh, I feel awful; poor thing. That's what her husband did to her? He's disgusting and should be buried up to his neck and stoned.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
Travelista:

I feel terrible!  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I had no idea that the picture was taken in the hospital; I only saw the tiny snapshot in the OP. Oh, I feel awful; poor thing. That's what her husband did to her? He's disgusting and should be buried up to his neck and stoned.
Lol No problem.

@Aloy
But it's so unfair what Nigeria women have to go through. No sorts of protection. I'm sure she's being threatened. I mean, everybody was angry by the incident, now why would she want him re-instated?
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
Travelista:

Stoning him will be worse than what he did to her. I will not advocate for that just that I wonder how she is sure the man will not batter her again and this time it may be fatal.

That's why I like oyibo women, if her husband needs her support to achieve a political post, she will demand for his most prized possession before standing by him. This is the opportunity for olori to get whatever she wants from him and also demand for the 2nd wife to be sent home.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Aloy
But it's so unfair what Nigeria women have to go through. No sorts of protection. I'm sure she's being threatened. I mean, everybody was angry by the incident, now why would she want him re-instated? 

This woman may not have any source of income and prosecuting Deji will mean that her children and her will remain in dry season for long. How will her kids go to school?. Don't heap the entire blame on her after all, other women in America do the same when they weigh the pros and cons. Calling a cop to arrest your husband is not always a wise idea especially when his checks are fat enough to give your behind profound comfort.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Travelista(f): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Stoning him will be worse than what he did to her. I will not advocate for that just that I wonder how she is sure the man will not batter her again and this time it may be fatal.

That's why I like oyibo women, if her husband needs her support to achieve a political post, she will demand for his most prized possession before standing by him. This is the opportunity for olori to get whatever she wants from him and also demand for the 2nd wife to be sent home.

But bargaining doesn't change the behavior. Look at her arms; she's covered in hematomas and we have no idea what the damage is like under her wrapper. That's unacceptable and shows the ex-Deji (how shameful is it to actually have to type something like that?) lacks control/sense. If he doesn't get the chance to Ike Turner his ex-wife, he'll do it to the next woman in his life. The next woman may not be lucky enough to escape with her life.

I'd love to hear the ex-Deji's response to all of this.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
Travelista:

But bargaining doesn't change the behavior. Look at her arms; she's covered in hematomas and we have no idea what the damage is like under her wrapper. That's unacceptable and shows the ex-Deji (how shameful is it to actually have to type something like that?) lacks control/sense. If he doesn't get the chance to Ike Turner his ex-wife, he'll do it to the next woman in his life. The next woman may not be lucky enough to escape with her life.

I'd love to hear the ex-Deji's response to all of this.

But he has repented and learned from the ugly experience. Don't you believe people can change?
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Ofemmanu: 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
Ngbatiman's Juju at work . . . . .

The gangster Oba and his kindred are now controlling the poor woman with Ijebu ode vodoo.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by jumobi1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

This woman may not have any source of income and prosecuting Deji will mean that her children and her will remain in dry season for long. How will her kids go to school?. Don't heap the entire blame on her after all, other women in America do the same when they weigh the pros and cons. Calling a cop to arrest your husband is not always a wise idea especially when his checks are fat enough to give your behind profound comfort.

Suing the ex-oba=source of income,
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by tpiah: 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2010

which way from here?

read about this yesterday. I think she should just pick up the pieces and move on.

no need to give any statement anywhere.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Travelista(f): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

But he has repented and learned from the ugly experience. Don't you believe people can change?

I believe anything is possible. Out of curiosity, what happened to the second wife? Is she still in the picture?
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2010
Travelista:

I believe anything is possible. Out of curiosity, what happened to the second wife? Is she still in the picture?

Yes she is still in the picture. In Africa, both women can cohabit under the same roof as wives of one man. A pathetic culture that denigrates women.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2010
jumobi1:

Suing the ex-oba=source of income,

The lawsuit could take 10 years and her children will have to eat before then. Also, she may disappear without trace(gbomogbomo style) during the legal tussle and everything is under the assumption that Deji is worth millions. May be he relies on gifts from his people to survive.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by gogo123: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2010
I CANT BELIEVE THIS, THIS MAN SHOULD NOT GO FREE,MEANWHILE I HEARD SHE GAVE UP THE WHOLE THING WHEN THE MAN WANTED TO GO FOR A DNA TEST ON THOSE KIDS, I SMELL ROTTEN FISH
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by desgiezd(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2010
The request by that woman can never be granted. Reason is that before that incident the people of Akure had become fed up with their Oba so much so that about six months before the Oba engaged his wife in a public wresting match, the kingmakers had already announced his removal but he was saved by the state government. The issue of public wife battering is just the icing on the cake, the last straw. This is an Oba who would be going about with thugs from one market to the other collecting fees from traders, who once supported cement sellers who hiked the price of cement against someone selling at a lower price.

Even if the lady wants her husband back, she can very well do that but the issue is far beyond a family matter. It is an issue of a highly placed individual who can not recognise his exalted position and choose instead to behave like a common street urchin.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by desgiezd(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2010
gogo123:

I CANT BELIEVE THIS, THIS MAN SHOULD NOT GO FREE,MEANWHILE I HEARD SHE GAVE UP THE WHOLE THING WHEN THE MAN WANTED TO GO FOR A DNA TEST ON THOSE KIDS, I SMELL ROTTEN FISH

The bolded might very well be true because I have it on good authority that one lousy governor in the Southwest is having a serious affair with the lady and he is showering her with millions.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by oludashmi(f): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2010
gogo123:

I CANT BELIEVE THIS, THIS MAN SHOULD NOT GO FREE,MEANWHILE I HEARD SHE GAVE UP THE WHOLE THING WHEN THE MAN WANTED TO GO FOR A DNA TEST ON THOSE  KIDS, I SMELL ROTTEN FISH

desgiezd:

The bolded might very well be true because I have it on good authority that one lousy governor in the Southwest is having a serious affair with the lady and he is showering her with millions.

I wonder where you both got this rubbish from. The woman herself sued the oba for saying he is not sure of the paternity of her children, in the suit she requested a DNA test and some millions if the DNA proves him to be father to the children.

desgiezd:

The request by that woman can never be granted. Reason is that before that incident the people of Akure had become fed up with their Oba so much so that about six months before the Oba engaged his wife in a public wresting match, the kingmakers had already announced his removal but he was saved by the state government. The issue of public wife battering is just the icing on the cake, the last straw. This is an Oba who would be going about with thugs from one market to the other collecting fees from traders, who once supported cement sellers who hiked the price of cement against someone selling at a lower price.

Even if the lady wants her husband back, she can very well do that but the issue is far beyond a family matter. It is an issue of a highly placed individual who can not recognise his exalted position and choose instead to behave like a common street urchin. 

Yes, you are right and I wish they wont re-instate him.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by desgiezd(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2010
oludashmi:

I wonder where you both got this rubbish from. The woman herself sued the oba for saying he is not sure of the paternity of her children, in the suit she requested a DNA test and some millions if the DNA proves him to be father to the children.

I never said the Oba was not the father of the children, what I said is that the lady and the governor were dating as at the time of the public fight, its possible the relationship is still on even now.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2010

Is this police more interested in the assault case or showcasing his big stomach on camera?
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Okijajuju1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^ Why are you yabbing an officer?
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
Lol, its like the guy is trying so hard to enjoy every second of his 15 minutes of fame.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Okijajuju1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
He was telling to photographer to cut out his stomach.
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by AloyEmeka8: 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2010
Okija_juju:

He was telling to photographer to cut out his stomach.
Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by Ibime(m): 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
dayokanu:

The woman never get monthly allowance since de incident. . . even her pikin school fees, dem never pay am. . . .
Re: Ex-deji Of Akure’s Queen Seeks Forgiveness For Husband by tpiah: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
gogo123:

desgiezd:

gossip no go kill una.

the former's deji's family has withdrawn the adultery allegations he made, and apologized on his behalf.

in any case, both her family and her in laws are probably putting pressure on her .

she should just ignore everybody and take care of herself, imo.

we all know some nigerian men like to claim adultery on the part of the wife when they [the men] are running around with various concubines.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Death Is Not Enough / Okun-yoruba, Ebira Coalition Back Power-shift In Kogi / General Buhari Finally Denies BOKO HARAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.