Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

The Many Lies of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Many Lies of Jesus (620 Views)

The Truth And Lies Of The Churches / Debunking The Lies Of The Jehovah's Witnesses That Jesus Didn't Resurrect Bodily / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
In John 8:44 we read that SATAN is the father of lies - but what about the LIES of Jesus ?

Examples ;

Jesus said that if we believe in him, greater works will we do - Can't see evidence of this anywhere . John 14:14

Jesus said if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we will move mountains, yet I see many Jesus followers grid locked with a mountain of problems. Matthew 17:20

Jesus said that if we ask ANYTHING in HIS NAME , it will be done for us. Everyday millions of prayers are said in the name of JESUS with absolutely no results - zilch results. John 14:14

Jesus said he will heal and yet many Christians are as sick as unbelievers and receive no blessing of healing

In the name of Jesus if we pay tithes, our coffers will be full of money and our problems will disappear - there is absolutely no evidence that this is true. In fact tithe payers seem to always be in want. Malachi 3:10

Jesus promised his followers that he will return in their life time , he did not - false prophecy (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Jesus said we should not lie, yet he lied as recorded in the bible - (John 7.8-10).‬

Almighty God said we should honour our parents, but Jesus said we should forsake them for him and he even used the word 'hate' - Luke 14:26

In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" and yet a huge number of Christians are struggling with depression and problems with no relief

Jesus said that hell was made for the devil and his angels, yet he says that God's prime creation ( MAN ) will also go there - does this even make sense. Matthew 25:41

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by originals1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
Guy, wetin dey work you?
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by nattyspice: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
originals1:
Guy, wetin dey work you?
Na common sense

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Shookonekilla: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
@OP

I pray you realize the blasphemy you commited and seek forgiveness for the karma coming your way.
Learn to respect the religious beliefs of others

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
Shookonekilla:
@OP

I pray you realize the blasphemy you commited and seek forgiveness for the karma coming your way.
Learn to respect the religious beliefs of others

Blasphemy against a MAN ?? Jesus was just a MAN like you and I cool

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
frosbel2:
In John 8:44 we read that SATAN is the father of lies - but what about the LIES of Jesus ?

Examples ;

Jesus said that if we believe in him, greater works will we do - Can't see evidence of this anywhere . John 14:14

Jesus said if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we will move mountains, yet I see many Jesus followers grid locked with a mountain of problems. Matthew 17:20

Jesus said that if we ask ANYTHING in HIS NAME , it will be done for us. Everyday millions of prayers are said in the name of JESUS with absolutely no results - zilch results. John 14:14

Jesus said he will heal and yet many Christians are as sick as unbelievers and receive no blessing of healing

In the name of Jesus if we pay tithes, our coffers will be full of money and our problems will disappear - there is absolutely no evidence that this is true. In fact tithe payers seem to always be in want. Malachi 3:10

Jesus promised his followers that he will return in their life time , he did not - false prophecy (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Jesus said we should not lie, yet he lied as recorded in the bible - (John 7.8-10).‬

Almighty God said we should honour our parents, but Jesus said we should forsake them for him and he even used the word 'hate' - Luke 14:26

In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" and yet a huge number of Christians are struggling with depression and problems with no relief

Jesus said that hell was made for the devil and his angels, yet he says that God's prime creation ( MAN ) will also go there - does this even make sense. Matthew 25:41
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8130330_img7420187647_jpeg4eb0c831cc4270ae40dbeb023540cc62
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2018
You're hypocritical with your submission . You're so wrong with the last paragraph especially and this shows you are thousands of kilometres far away from the bible . Before I became Christian, I used to think like you. I was shocked the day I read in the holy Qur'an that Jesus who ascended to heaven would come back in like-manner. And this was never preached to us.

Tithes were not mentioned by Jesus neither is He synonymous with same. You could only find tithes in the old testament. On healing, I've witnessed several people who were healed divinely, including a woman and her daughter who were infected with HIV a few years back. The disease actually killed the husband before she was introduced to my church's every Wednesday prayer programme.

Have you ever heard of the portion in the bible where it's stated that....He makes all things beautiful in His own time( not in our time)? If any Christians pray without a result. Such prayers are on the queue , it would he answered in His time. Some asked amiss too so, they don't get any result. Some ask without faith so many requests were delayed due to this. I've seen a religious couple, pastors to be precise who were barren for close to 20 years before they finally had twins, through natural birth. No be the kain birth with IVF wey people go com dey dance kerewa, thanking God on the pulpit. Some should offer a prayer on a particular matter and their request would be granted almost immediately by God, while some wouldn't receive answers to their prayers 2-3 years to come. If God answered your prayer for a house today and an armed gang invades your house after you moved in, killing you and your entire family, what's the essence of owning a house? He'd make sure those guys are taken off your way and the road is clear enough for you to own a house before answer could be granted to your request. Some prayed for a fruit of the womb whereas , if they have a baby at a given time, they could die while giving birth.

The bible says without faith, you cannot even please Him because the person you're praying to, whom you have never met nor seen, how sure are you that He would answer your prayer? You need faith to achieve this. Mustard seed as small as it is, if our faith could be of its size, we could move mountains, not physical mountains like olumo rock but mountain of problems facing us. Jesus speaks on parables most of the time. When he said he'd pull down the temple that took them years to build and rebuild it in one day, the hypocrites thought he was referring to a physical temple. Whereas, He was referring to our physical body. The bible says our body is a temple of the living God. Yea, many Christians have varying sizes of mountains staring them in the face...but the question is...How many of them have faith? How many of them believe that God actually answers prayers? Thwres no day I'd go to the mountain and God wouldn't answer prayers. I'd even begin to see signs before descending whereas, many that I met there would still remain in same condition they went to pray on.

Jesus said if people believe, more of the miracles performed by Him would they also perform. We've seen many miracles being performed today. A wombless woman giving birth, people with complicated genotype being restored ....have seen an SS turn AA for life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Shookonekilla: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
frosbel2:

Off course he was

But he was also the Son of God

Be warned , sins against the spirit are quite severe

But do not take my word for it ! Please carry on by all means

If you can be brave enough to blasphem then please be brave enough to receive the karma that comes there with
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
frosbel2:

And was conceived same way like you and I? You'd see the light someday, by God's grace. Even the other religion confirmed Jesus being the spirit of God even though they don't believe Jesus is the son of God . In their thinking, since there was no confirmed intercourse between God and Mary, God can never be Jesus' father. But they believe Jesus' birth was without intercourse. And God put His spirit inside Mary to conceive and give birth to Jesus.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
And was conceived same way like you and I? You'd see the light someday, by God's grace. Even the other religion confirmed Jesus being the spirit of God even though they don't believe Jesus is the son of God . In their thinking, since there was no confirmed intercourse between God and Mary, God can never be Jesus' father. But they believe Jesus' birth was without intercourse. And God put His spirit inside Mary to conceive and give birth to Jesus.

You are believing in , and following a MYTH, Jesus was born through a human father and human mother. He is MAN 100%
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2018
Shookonekilla:

Off course he was

But he was also the Son of God

Be warned , sins against the spirit are quite severe

But do not take my word for it ! Please carry on by all means

If you can be brave enough to blasphem then please be brave enough to receive the karma that comes there with

Nonsense.

You don't even understand what Karma means, besides when your mythical religion is exposed for what it is ( A SHAM ) , all its adherents are left with , is to issue threats of hell fire and out of context Karma

Oh Please ...
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:

Jesus said if people believe, more of the miracles performed by Him would they also perform. We've seen many miracles being performed today. A wombless woman giving birth, people with complicated genotype being restored ....have seen an SS turn AA for life.

A wombless woman giving birth ??

grin grin
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2018
frosbel2:

A wombless woman giving birth ??

grin grin
Yes, that's miracle. A doctor had already removed her womb during a surgical operation due to a protracted ovarian disease . For her safety, the womb had to be removed. The doctor had already told her she would never conceive again. It's a miracle. You may find it difficult to believe though, since you're not in consonance with the submissions of the miracle worker Himself.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
Yes, that's miracle. A doctor had already removed her womb during a surgical operation due to a protracted ovarian disease . For her safety, the womb had to be removed. The doctor had already told her she would never conceive again. It's a miracle. You may find it difficult to believe though, since you're not in consonance with the submissions of the miracle worker Himself.

Were you a first hand witness to this event ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Feb 01
■ In John 8:44 we read that SATAN is the father of lies - but what about the LIES of Jesus ?
Examples ;
● Jesus said that if we believe in him, greater works will we do - Can't see evidence of this anywhere . John 14:14
● Jesus said if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we will move mountains, yet I see many Jesus followers grid locked with a mountain of problems. Matthew 17:20
● Jesus said that if we ask ANYTHING in HIS NAME , it will be done for us. Everyday millions of prayers are said in the name of JESUS with absolutely no results - zilch results. John 14:14
● Jesus said he will heal and yet many Christians are as sick as unbelievers and receive no blessing of healing
■ In the name of Jesus if we pay tithes, our coffers will be full of money and our problems will disappear - there is absolutely no evidence that this is true. In fact tithe payers seem to always be in want. Malachi 3:10
■ Jesus promised his followers that he will return in their life time , he did not - false prophecy (Matthew 16: 27, 28)
■ Jesus said we should not lie, yet he lied as recorded in the bible - (John 7.8-10).‬
■ Almighty God said we should honour our parents, but Jesus said we should forsake them for him and he even used the word 'hate' - Luke 14:26
■ In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" and yet a huge number of Christians are struggling with depression and problems with no relief
■ Jesus said that hell was made for the devil and his angels, yet he says that God's prime creation ( MAN ) will also go there - does this even make sense. Matthew 25:41
1. Jesus Christ said that only those who are not only of the blood of Jacob but also belong to Him — continuously submit to and obey His teachings and commandments, God's Law, and Truth in the Kingdom of God. So how exactly were you able to establish those claims as lies? Are you even born-again? lipsrsealed

2. Jesus Christ never asked you to pay tithes using His name, so the source of your belief is far from Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

3. Jesus Christ never said He would return during their lifetime. Rather, what He said was that they would see the coming of the Son of man as promised through the prophets as a sign of the Last days of God's judgment against Israel according to the Old Law.
26 “Someone might tell you, ‘The Messiah is there in the desert!’ But don’t go into the desert to look for him. Someone else might say, ‘There is the Messiah in that room!’ But don’t believe it.
27 When the Son of Man comes, everyone will see him. It will be like lightning flashing in the sky that can be seen everywhere.
28 It’s like looking for a dead body: You will find it where the vultures are gathering above.
- Matthew 24 vs 26 - 28
Saul's vision on the way to Damascus is a clear example of the sight that was promised to all who were in the land at the time — a See-ing of the coming of the Son of Man in the sky. undecided

4. So far, it seems you are desperate to create a lie of what He said. grin

5. YHWH gave that Law which you quote only to the children of Israel in the Land of Canaan as part of His Old Law of Moses which serves as the National Constitution in God's own Nation of Israel. God destroyed the Nation of Israel in about 700 BC and the sister Nation, Judae, in about 70AD, rendering that Covenant of no redemptive purpose to anyone living today. So, how could God have given you what God never gave to you? undecided

6. There are so many things wrong with what seems your special interpretation on that one verse that I am not even certain where to begin.

▶ For one, the religion of Christianity is instead a religion that calls its adherents to adopt the doctrines and traditions of men all of which Jesus Christ proclaimed were lies set AGAINST Him — God's Truth(Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13). Christianity as a whole is AntiChrist in origin.
▶ Next, Jesus Christ made it clear that His invitation was extended only to those who were of the Lost sheep of Israel — Matthew 22 vs 24 & John 3 vs 14 - 16.
▶ Then your assumption that Rest implies one would be free from struggles, depression, etc., is directly countered by Jesus Christ's very promise of suffering and tribulation — similar to those He had to deal with— to all of His followers.
31 Jesus said, “So now you believe?
32 Listen to me. A time is coming when you will be scattered, each to his own home. In fact, that time is already here. You will leave me, and I will be alone. But I am never really alone, because the Father is with me.
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world!” - John 16 vs 31 - 33
It seems to me that your desperate need to label Him a liar got the better of you even in this. undecided

7. In John 8 vs 31 - 44 , Jesus Christ revealed that those who were children of the devil — demons or goats of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 to end up in Eternal Damnation— were humans. Yes, the place of Eternal damnation was made for Satan and His angels. And these angels are human beings who refused to obey Jesus Christ.

You probably should stay away from anything concerning Jesus Christ is the conclusion I can reach from this. No dey give yourself an unnecessary headache over things you are unwilling to first gain a clear understanding of. undecided
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Feb 01
Shookonekilla:
■ @OP I pray you realize the blasphemy you commited and seek forgiveness for the karma coming your way. Learn to respect the religious beliefs of others
Absolutely nothing of what OP said in his confusion is of blasphemy. If you understood and accepted what Jesus Christ said of blasphemy you would know this. But sadly, those of you of the religion of Christianity as just as ignorant as people like OP of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, it no longer shocks me. lipsrsealed
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Ohyoudidnt: 9:42am On Feb 01
Kobojunkie:

3. Jesus Christ never said He would return during their lifetime. Rather, what He said was that they would see the coming of the Son of man as promised through the prophets as a sign of the Last days of God's judgment against Israel according to the Old Law.

Then what is meant here in difference to what you correct?

Mark 13:
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Feb 02
Ohyoudidnt:
Then what is meant here in difference to what you correct?Mark 13:
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
Recall what Jesus Christ had said regarding the temple, and the questions that His disciples then asked regarding His claims made at the beginning of the chapters.
1 Jesus left the Temple area and was walking away. But his followers came to him to show him the Temple’s buildings.
2 He asked them, “Are you looking at these buildings? The fact is, they will be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. The followers came to be alone with him. They said, “(1)Tell us when these things will happen. (2) And what will happen to prepare us for your coming (3) and the end of time?” - Matthew 24 vs 1 - 3
1 Jesus was leaving the Temple area. One of his followers said to him, “Teacher, look how big those stones are! What beautiful buildings!”
2 Jesus said, “Do you see these great buildings? They will all be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. He was alone with Peter, James, John, and Andrew. They could all see the Temple, and they said to Jesus,
4 (1)Tell us when these things will happen. (2) And what will show us it is time for them to happen?” - Mark 13 vs 1 - 4
The responses that followed were in response to the questions that were asked of Him by His disciples. The "seeing" of the Son of man coming in His glory took place over 1900 years ago, and the angels— the special people who were marked by God — were sent out to all four corners of the earth as prophesied by the prophets around the same time. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman – The Mystery Behind Time And Money (kws 2019 Day / SHOCKER: Cultist Vomits ‘live Demon’ In TB Joshua’s Church!!! - [PHOTOS/VIDEO] / Creationists Explain These Facts About Ensatina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.