Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc (2181 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly / How To Connect Your Pc(windows Xp) To The Internet Using Tecno Phone Via Usb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by werlay(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
celtel gprs as we knw as been runing for some time now and t dont think any body will say they have not been fair enough in giving free gprs access to us.
this services they deliver through gprs are mms gprs, web gprs and wap gprs.the only unfortunate thing about the service is that many celtel users have not had thier fair share of this temporary free service,

Web gprs: if your sim is activated for web gprs this means you're fortunate and you can easily connect your phone with your provisoned sim to your pc and you get connected to the internet and you can use some application that needs web settings on your phone like opera,mig33,im+ etc

wap gprs: with this you only have a limited access to the internet you wil be able to open wap sites and some other internet sites.and if you are just new to the world of IT you will not be able to use your wap provisioned line to connect to the internet via the pc.
but there is just a wy we can do it. not to worry.

u can do this by first getting the setting from your phone manufaturer web sites. nokia and sagem users can get the latest gprs setting through this link
http://www.nokia.com/A4144889
juct click on standard settings and then follow the instruction.
after you get your settings.
NOTE this is for wap enabled sim users
install your phone software giving by you manufacturer on you pc, then through your usb cable connect your phone to your pc. your pc then installes the nessesary modem needed.
after that go to control panel on the start menu,click network and inetrnet connections then click SET UP OR CHANGE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION,a dialog box comes out on connection tab, click setup and follw the of the new connection wizard that appears, click next, choose connect to the internet-then next,
choose setup my my connection manually- then next,
choose connect using a dail-up modem- then next,make your isp name celtel-then next, type your *99# or *99***1#- then next, type wap for username and password. then next then finish.

now go back to the control pannel and click network and internet connections then click SET UP OR CHANGE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION,a dialog box comes out, on connection tab highligth the new connection you just created(celtel) click settings, another new dailog box comes out, on the proxy server box make sure you check both boxes then type in the celtels ip number. 172.081.254.005 and set port to 8080.then also type wap for both username and password. then click ok
make sure u leave the two check boxes at the manual configuration box empty.

then go connect to the inetrnet via celtel and you are good to go

to get your line activated ask skipo87.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Jwhizzy(m): 11:02pm On May 24, 2007
Pls,i hav internet gprs but wen i try to conect,it says ppp link error.I use a 6630.I followed all ur instructions.Pls wat do i do.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by fashigiggs(m): 11:08am On May 25, 2007
I am having a sony ericsson phone also a com port data cable can i still follow ur instructions?
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Wilfem(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2007
@Jwhizzy
Have you been using the Internet setings to browse on your phone before?
If that's so, the problem might have to do with your phone. But make sure that it is Internet activation/settings that you have on your sim, otherwise you'll just be making futile efforts to get connected.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by sbkjunior: 4:55pm On May 26, 2007
Pls my friends i just bought a labtop and i want 2 connect it to d internet with my glo wap gprs pls i belived u guys wil help me i just bought d labtop so i wil b browsing with it via glo gprs. Pls i need d settings on to make it connected via glo gprs. I wil b happy 2 see d settings.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Jwhizzy(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2007
Hi.I hav internetgprs settings and i can browse but i cant connect reporo n opera.Is dis why my pc wont conect?
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by seyestik(m): 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2007
Hi,
I have been browsing for free with my celtel line through my configured latop and this morning,when i tried browsing it displays an error saying:Unable to connect to server.

For example, if i want to visit google search engine.

If i type www.google.com in the internet explorer address bar and click go, it will later display this message:

"Unable to connect to server www.google.com(Winsock Error 10060--216.239.59.147.80)"
Please Naira Land Gurus what should i do next or assist me insolving this problem, this is my mobile numbers 08057323912, 08023422025 please contact me as soon as possible thanks.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by osakestin(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2007
please guys i really need this help from you. my celtel is internet enabled but i just cant connect it yet to my computer so guys i plead for you to send me details about how i can configure my system. my email id osadolorkestine@yahoo.com and my phone number is 08083864150
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Jwhizzy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2007
Help.My laptop is misbehaving.Wen i turn it on and login to my windows acc,i dnt see my desktop icons,toolbar icon or start menu icon.Even keyboard short keys dnt work.All i see is an empty background.Somebody pls help.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by abohrandy: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2007
how long does it behave like that?
coz mine does same but after some tym the desktop comes up!!!
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by abohrandy: 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Jwhizzy
how long does it behave like that?
coz mine does same but after some tym the desktop comes up!!!
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by maykay(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks somuch, warley

You are really wonderful, anyway thanks for your post.would you plz consider the other error sent online.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by EbiEsq(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2007
I use my celtel line for browsing so i was wondering how i could get the settings for celtel webgprs so that i can use opera mini. Please i need your help. My email address barristerebi@yahoo.com
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Chicop(m): 10:14am On Jun 01, 2010
how to brows free with your PC & Mozilla Firefox and all the software
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Chicop(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2010
how to brows free with your PC & Mozilla Firefox and all the software my email. chibyke_chico2000@yahoo.com
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by Chicop(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2010
i m browsing free with my PC n it`s very fast with my Mozilla & internet explorer n i know u guys ll like it .my Email address is chibyke_chico2000@yahoo.com
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by hooged: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2010
is it possible with sony ericsson phone ? i have been looking for pc suite for long. just send the settings to oged18884@yahoo.com
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by flagot: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2010
i am a victim of this scammers, in , so don't let anybody deceive u, it may be their agent talking to u pretending to be someone else so don't believe anybody, anybody that cannot post for free let him go to hell with his idea
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by sizzlers(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2010
flagot:

i am a victim of this scammers, in .com, so don't let anybody deceive u, it may be their agent talking to u pretending to be someone else so don't believe anybody, anybody that cannot post for free let him go to hell with his idea
SECONDED
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by fegs: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
make una help me wit sony ericsson or nokia pc suite settings for mtn,zain or etisalat.abeg my email na fegoedafe@yahoo.
Re: How To Connect Your Wapgprs To The Internet Wit Your Pc by textmypage(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
if u wanna do anything or paste anything do it here.
Note:anyone that say you should mail him or her before him or her can help you,dont give any money to them.if they are ready to help let them do it here.this why seun built or developed nairaland.beware of whom you contact for help on nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Transfer Pictures From Iphone To Other Devices? / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Infinix Tab For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.