Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Will Give 13 Percent Of Oil Money To The Producing Communities In Aks.-nyaetok - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Give 13 Percent Of Oil Money To The Producing Communities In Aks.-nyaetok (267 Views)

Peter Obi: Oil Money Not Paid Into FG Account Since January / Anambra Oil Producing Communities Belong To Ijaw / How State Govts Cheat Oil-Producing Communities In Use Of 13% Derivation Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Give 13 Percent Of Oil Money To The Producing Communities In Aks.-nyaetok by Victorthomp(m): 5:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
YDP governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State has decried the ill treatment meted out to oil producing communities in the state by previous and present administration. It should be noted that the Federal Government pays 13percent derivation fund to oil producing states, a policy the nationally revered architect has said he would extend to the oil producing communities in the state if elected governor come 2019.
Arc. Ezekiel Nya-Etok, who is known for his affinity for the masses said that it is injustice to equally divide the allocations among producing and non-producing communities considering the adverse impact oil exploration has had on the producing communities. He pledge to establish a special commission to take care of the development of the affected areas. In his words, "Above all, as I did in 2007, I wish to pledge that one of my first bills to the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly as governor will be for the creation of the Akwa Ibom State Oil-bearing Communities Development Commission to which a special budgetary provision will be made. This is intended to replicate the 13% derivation fund that is usually allotted to the Niger Delta states by the federal government due to oil exploration activities. While a local government like Ikot Ekpene enjoys the dividend of such derivation fund, oil-bearing communities like Mbo, Ibeno, Esit Eket and the likes are not adequately compensated. That is injustice! There must therefore be a mapping of all oil-bearing communities and a commission set specially and exclusively to develop those areas. THAT IS JUSTICE BEYOND WHO IS THE GOVERNOR."

[url][/url]https://nyaetok.com/2018/12/14/press-conference-of-architect-nyaetok-at-the-nuj-press-centre-uyo/?fbclid=IwAR1qg6JFGELFXTCc0aS5m22he6oLLAFYFbs0UxbjCOb61AkXZgksNXb7LgU[url][/url][url]

cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NASS: Workers Cut Off Water, Power Supply / 2019: APC Reacts To Atiku’s Call For Buhari To Resign / Kogi Govt, Judiciary Rift: Bello, Lawmakers Seek Out-of-court Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.