Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. (653 Views)

Ondo Monarch, Oba Oloyede Adeyeoba Akinghare II Graduates From Secondary School / Deji Commends Akeredolu For Construction Of Mojere Market Concrete Pavement / Igbos Praise Gov. Akeredolu For Fulfilling Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
A traditional ruler in the riverine area of Ondo State, Oba Adeniyi Ajayi, the Gbaluwe of Igbotu has commended Governor Rotimi Akeredolu for silently redefining leadership with his integrity and sincerity of purpose.

The monarch said Akeredolu is laying a solid foundation which will build credible leadership and awake the consciousness of the people to quality leadership and great significance.

Oba Ajayi spoke at the official commissioning of the Kamomi Aketi Accelerated Water Scheme in Ayede Ogbese where water facility that will serve the entire community was put in place by the Akeredolu administration.

The traditional ruler said apart from the laudable achievements of the Governor in building infrastructure and making life better for the people of the state, the Governor has also shown the politicians how to serve with integrity.

The Gbaluwe of Igbotu noted that Governor Akeredolu has changed the mentality of an average Nigerian politician who believes in deceiving the people and soothing them with lies.

He said: “Akeredolu has shown that you can be a politician without telling lies . You can be a Governor without deceiving the people . After his tenure, our politicians must have learnt how to be honest.

“When he assumed office, people didn’t really like the fact that he tells the truth always. But they are now adjusting to it and really see it as a virtue
“If there is anything, apart from the various achievements he has recorded, Akeredolu will always be remembered as the man who came and changed the deceit known with many politicians

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by maynation(f): 10:54am On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:
Jgirl20
Sister mi, I just saw your mention.
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by maynation(f): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

I am sorry. Like very sorry.
But I don't want to have anything to do with any Nairaland outside this platform.
I have seen a lot on here.
I am very sorry Sis.
Alright dear. I understand

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 8:56am On Feb 25, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2020
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by maynation(f): 10:33am On Feb 25, 2020
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
maynation:

Hi Jenny.
Firstly, I am sorry once again for the turn down, and I am glad you understood it. A look at my profile will show my encounter with Jay which is why I decided to cut outside communications. I am really do sorry.
To why we are here, The truth is I beg you in the name of whatever you hold dearly, do not agree to be a baby mama for any reason. It is not even an option. You are 21 with a lot to achieve and you are also still at your prime. This is not the time to be tied down in the web of baby mama, this is the time to focus on your academics as you will be graduating soon and what to do after graduation. This is the time to sit down and think about what you can make out of life and plan more on the person you will like to become. If your bf was in his 30s or his late 20s atleast, then we could assume he is serious. But a 22-year old graduate who hasn't even gone for service already dreaming on fathering a child is a very misplaced priority. He doesn't seem to be in his right state of mind, a baby isn't what he needs by now even if he was the only child in the family. See sist mi, all those promises he is making to stand by you and blah blah blah. I Swear before man and God everything will change when your tommy starts getting protruded. By then it would have been late, you will only be left with regrets and thoughts of 'had-I-known. I have heard so many stories like this and majority didn't end well. Most of the single mums that I helped in my diary were victims of these false promises.
Please Jgirl, you are too young to be exposed to the hardship that comes with dejection, disappointment and being a single mother. If you think you have been through so many things in life then think about the possibility of you bringing an innocent baby into this life when you have no assurance of giving the baby the best s/he deserves. You are supposed to learn from whatever you may have passed through and not incur more hardship out of mistakes that are very avoidable. What if he doesn't fulfil his promises? Will you now start from the scratch with an additional mouth to feed?
You are 21, you are beautiful, you are promising, you are everyman's prayer point.
Do not settle for anything less.
Mind you I am 26, even though my bf has asked for my hand in marriage many a time, I have begged him to give me more time(This is a guy I have known since I was 19 and been dating since I was 21, he has his life planned out already and I still don't just want to rush into it, mind you he isn't asking for a baby but marriage). And he agreed to give me more time, why? Because he has my happiness at heart. I don't see marriage as an achievement let alone being a baby mother.
You have less than 5 years to get done with school, get done with service, fix your future and show the world what you've got. It isn't too much for him to wait.
Don't be deceived J, you both are still too young for this. Do not give in to any pressure from anyone. Don't let anyone deceive you either.
You both still have a long way to go.
I just hope my epistle makes sense to you and it isn't too lengthy.
I love you so much Jgirl.

Ps: I understand everything even to the ones you didn't share.
Secondly, you can survive without any one in this life, get rid of such mentality. No one is God. You have come this far and you will go plenty more.
And also Sorry for the demise of your uncle. May he keep resisting in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 26, 2020
JGirl20:
Your reply got me shedding tears and I'm grateful you spared your time to listen to my sad tales. This guy isn't an only child infact he has 4 siblings. I told him I wouldn't have a child outside wedlock and guess what he said he will pay my bride price then I would become his priority because according to him nothing is really binding us together yet. I suggested for him to wait a lil bit so I can atleast become a graduate just like he is but he said he doesn't have time so waiting is not an option. I was very scared and shocked,I asked him if he has a terminal disease that is making him feel he's gonna die soon but he has none just that he wants to be a young father. It's really ridiculous and I wouldn't have given it a second thought if it was another guy telling me this.
Before my uncle died,he always adviced me to stay away from romantic relationships until I'm done with school, he told me it would distract me and I ensured I stayed away from it until mid last year when he died. Life became more meaningless and I could barely feed nor do some needful stuffs. Sometimes I would be on my period and not even have money to get toiletries... that's the height of it. I'm a very strong girl, though life was that difficult for me, it never mafe me do things I shouldn't do. Life was becoming more difficult for me so when chiagozie asked for us to get back together I just said yes because he gives me a reason to smile while holding on to life. It's not like he provides financial aid to me but I'm just with him for sanity's sake before I run mad. It would have been a different story if I become pregnant due to my carelessness but walking into an avoidable mistake is what I can't do. Thank you for your kind heart, words aren't enough to say how thankful I am and I'm sorry about your issue with Jay.
I have a diary offline oo but the contents aren't inspiring in any way grin that's why I'm keeping it offline. Take a peep

Be careful. That guy is NOT serious. And don't lose hope. I know someone who did master's degree with only a single trouser and a three quarter short. Remembered studying abroad hungry and broke.... Very broke...but had to soldier on.... Story plenty.... You're not alone.... No pain no gain. Your testimony is coming on the way.. never give up. Your body is yours don't get guilt tripped into unwanted unnecessary and unneeded pregnancy that you can't cater for even on your own
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 8:31am On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you so much Maynation and smart choice for coming to my aid when I needed it most. I love you guys loads and the reason I deleted the post was because someone created a thread telling me to speak my truth before I start a baby factory grin. I'm sorry though
I promise to do all you advised me to do sister.
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by maynation(f): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2020
JGirl20:
Thank you so much Maynation and smart choice for coming to my aid when I needed it most. I love you guys loads and the reason I deleted the post was because someone created a thread telling me to speak my truth before I start a baby factory grin. I'm sorry though
That was Tpia/nlposter, it was very annoying. Glad mods took down the thread. I gave up immediately I saw the thread.
You welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by tpiar: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2020
JGirl20:

No offence (apologies if I assumed wrongly) but being a baby mama isnt something you should be giving serious consideration to in this manner.

I'd say try Jesus, reorient your priorities and dont place your boyfriend above your personal well being.

Get closer to God and He would direct your path.

Why did you and maynation choose this thread to discuss being a baby mama, if you dont mind my asking?
Re: Ondo Monarch Commends Akeredolu For Redefining Leadership. by JGirl20(f): 11:20am On Feb 26, 2020
tpiar:

No offence (apologies if I assumed wrongly) but being a baby mama isnt something you should be giving serious consideration to in this manner.

I'd say try Jesus, reorient your priorities and dont place your boyfriend above your personal well being.

Get closer to God and He would direct your path.

Why did you and maynation choose this thread to discuss being a baby mama, if you dont mind my asking?

We came here because it's a private issue and I didn't want to draw people's attention. Thanks for your advice dear. I know better now.

(1) (Reply)

Ivie (coral Beads) / Crown Prince Of Irri Kingdom Welcomes Women Group At Palace In Delta State / Not Trolling I Hate My Big African Nose?>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.