Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge (30793 Views)

Dangote’s Bid To Merge Sugar, Salt, Rice Businesses Hits Brick Wall / See What Access Banks Sent To All Their Customers Last Night. / Diamond Access Beta Account Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Sike(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
Lucid1:
I wish some states could merge
states like bornu and lagos abi?
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by dingbang(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
kamez:
I ve been a customer of diamond bank since 2008. I have a savings, current and fixed deposit account with them..

hope my money is safe especially my fixed deposit... cos my mind is telling me to move every single dime into another bank

welcome to first bank, we would love to do business with you wink
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by dingbang(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Diamond bank account holders oya begin to port to first bank. Download the first mobile app and open a normal savings account immediately.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Charly68: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
This people know how to play on peoples ignorance,is it merger or acquisition ? Let the management explain in details .The commercial grammar they're blowing is confusing to the public
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Warship: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
Boss13:
For those saying why use the word Merger rather than Acquisition, you are right. It’s a brutal acquisition. However, to calm tensions, I believe Merger was used to avert tension. In fact, the word Business Combination should have been used.

The rumor of the acquisition having be on for a while and both Banks issued a press release denying it. I think Access Bank acquired the shares of the Dozies’ Who are the major shareholders in the company. This was done as a result of the Dozies’ inability to repay back a loan taken to buy out a major foreign investor - ACTIS. Rumor had it that the buyout scheme was financed by GTbank and Pascal Dozie’s MTN shares was the collateral. How Access Bank got into the picture is the vague part, but Access Bank bought the debt from GTbank after there were signs that the loan won’t be repaid.

As a result of the economic downturn and Naira devaluation, the value of the MTN shares were not sufficient enough to cover the loan and there was a Margin Call. Access Bank negotiated for shares in Diamond Bank (the stock held by Pascal Dozie). Hence, it is typical that since the major shareholder of the Bank has relinquish his shares to another Entity, there should be a restructuring. Hence, the brokering between CBN, Access Bank and Diamond Bank to ratify the deal. The deal was ratified on the basis of the Business Combination experience of Access Bank management team, the in-house fighting in Diamond Bank which has resulted to the Chairman of the board as well as two other directors to resign, the poor management leadership of the CEO, Uzoma Dozie, the incessant of the Carlyle Group - another foreign investor in Diamond Bank, that Uzoma should leave and they too are pulling out their investment, due to poor share price of Diamond Bank.

Infact, rumor had it that the former CEO of Diamond Bank, Alex Otti, engineered to take over the Bank prior to his gubernatorial election in Abia State. He made a too good to turn down proposal, using an anonymous financial brokering team, to the initial foreign investor, ACTIS. However, Pascal Dozie had the first right of refusal to buy the shares of ACTIS in the event they intend to sell. The offer price from the Alex Otti team was a tough one and ACTIS will only accept such price from Pascal. Hence Pascal Dozie had to go borrow the money on tough terms to save his Bank. Rumor had it that the Alex Otti brokering team were very confident that they would secure the deal and were surprised to find out the Pascal Dozie found the money - however, this was the beginning of the death of Diamond Bank.

Uzoma Dozie was installed as CEO despite his naivety and unserious attitude. He was charged to rescue the Bank, but there was only one outcome - FAILURE. Uzoma was never ready to become CEO and he exemplified such actions by making strategic decisions that would only get the Bank into further trouble.

Anyways there is still more to the story and acquisition and my ears are on the ground. My concerns now is those who would be affected by the bad business decisions of their management. Staff would lose jobs and families may never recover. I think this would greatly affect Pascal Dozie in all ramifications.

What about those who have Diamond bank savings account. Will there be a need for them to update their bank details again with Access Bank.?

What happens to the Diamond mobile banking app used by Diamond Bank Customers. Will they be told to go and download Access Bank mobile banking app.?

Pls Enlighten Everyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by KingCassy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
feezy:
So finally Futo wud av a new bank

It's only diamond bank that is in futo?
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by thesicilian: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Chitumu:
FINBANK merged with FCMB
Talking about Finbank in Burundi. Though they later left.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Tundexxy:
Imagine the complexity of grammar..

"The proposed merger would involve Access Bank acquiring the entire issued share capital of Diamond Bank in exchange for a combination of cash and shares in Access Bank via a Scheme of Merger"

Acquisition is acquisition abeg grin
This is pure acquisition.
Dem no wan just admit am.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Rexology: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
thesicilian:
Access Bank keeps swallowing distressed bank's like a shark. From Marina Bank to Capital Bank, Omnifinance Bank, Bancor SA, Finbank, BPC, to Intercontinental Bank.

Respect to their seasoned management professionals.
Which Finbank? the one inside FCMB?
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Kfed4ril(m): 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
thesicilian:
Access Bank keeps swallowing distressed bank's like a shark. From Marina Bank to Capital Bank, Omnifinance Bank, Bancor SA, Finbank, BPC, to Intercontinental Bank.

Respect to their seasoned management professionals.

Bros Finbank was acquired by FCMB not AccessBank

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Kfed4ril(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
KingCassy:

It's only diamond bank that is in futo?

There used to be Finbank(FCMB) at the back of socs building, but the closed shop since
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Alajiki(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
priceaction:
Well, their palava sha. Only in Nigeria will you see a bank owing another bank huge money and eventually acquire the one being owned. If no be for wickedness of sanusi , intercontinental bank would have being one of the top 3 banks in Nigeria now. There are ways to deal with error bank MDS and directors without injuring the bank and the depositors money. Hope the merger or acquisition will help boost access bank effectiveness sha and will absorb diamond bank staffs.

I was enjoying your comment until you spoilt with your rant about Sanusi. Sanusi has done a lot of good to the Nigerian banking industry. One of them was ensuring that Intercontinental was rescued from Akingbola. Had he not acted proactively, there would have been many suicides by the depositors of the bank who would have lost their life savings.

Sanusi should be praised, not castigated.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Seun360(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Wema Bank here I come.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by thesicilian: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Chitumu:
FINBANK merged with FCMB
Rexology:

Which Finbank? the one inside FCMB?

Kfed4ril:

Bros Finbank was acquired by FCMB not AccessBank
Do a deeper research: Access Bank once acquired Finbank in Burundi.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by mechanics(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
I hope workers won't be sacked.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by addictiv(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
more job cuts loading... .. if you know you know

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Rexology: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
Meanwhile this is what Thisday has to say in its report.
https://twitter.com/THISDAYLIVE/status/1074557889610690560?s=19
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Longevo(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
sexiestharam:
Diamond bank always trying to sugarcoat the truth. How is this a merger? This is a complete takeover-an acquisition. All these corporations won't stop amazing me. Why do they think Nigerians are unintelligent and do not understand financial terms? angry
Anyway, defunct Diamond bank staff should get ready. Access bank is known to sack most of the staff of their acquired banks. Intercontinental bank comes to mind. They should brace up.

Thank you! This is not a merger in any way
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by bluefilm: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
yomalex:
What happens to persons on Diamond Bank Salary4Life ?

They will have to get a new life.

It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
yomalex:

Salary4Life koooo, Salary4Eternity niiii grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by RTSC: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
yomalex:
Very simple
Village people don pour sand for your garri.
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by smasher1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
StOla:
If a diamond could not withstand the test of time, it certainly was a fake diamond that deceived those who expected it would be infallible.

Even the Skye bank failed.
Like a Diamond in the Skye.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by smasher1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
feezy:
So finally Futo wud av a new bank

Better pray that that branch should not be closed up

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Wale309: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
all this plenty grammar is just to say diamond bank will now be access bank by first quarter next year.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Damsgold1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
mechanics:
I hope workers won't be sacked.

Believe me, I'm worried about their staffs too.
In this hardship where & how are they going to bounced back. It's gonna be tough & rough for them.
May the Lord be there strength.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Gboom: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
I remember a guy that crossed from Access bank to Diamond bank some years back, I wonder what will be his fate now

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by mimicue(f): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
First it was keystone, now diamond bank in 1 year. i hail access bank grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by humphreychrist: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
So we that have account number with access and the Diamond bank nko how we go do now

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by Holuwaxheun(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
sexiestharam:
Diamond bank always trying to sugarcoat the truth. How is this a merger? This is a complete takeover-an acquisition. All these corporations won't stop amazing me. Why do they think Nigerians are unintelligent and do not understand financial terms? angry
Anyway, defunct Diamond bank staff should get ready. Access bank is known to sack most of the staff of their acquired banks. Intercontinental bank comes to mind. They should brace up.

Sure u were pondering what I was pondering; merger or acquisition? Obviously, it's complete acquisition....
Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by DKM123: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
Boss13:

Asset stripping is what Diamond Bank did to it international branches. Selling off your asset for cash is Asset Stripping

Please kindly reply the person who earlier asked about the fate of those who have accounts with Diamond bank. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by geezynoni: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
GavelSlam:
Acquisition.
grin
Merger

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge by agarawu23(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2018
sexiestharam:
the funny thing is, their staff denied it two weeks ago when I asked them. It's sad I won't be using diamond bank again. Access bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga And Dele Momodu Captured Together In An Adorable Photo / Okrika Warehouse in Lagos - How Many Pieces Of Clothes Are In A Bale / Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.