Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" (37804 Views)

Uzoma Dozie’s Sparkle Raises $3.1M For Personal, Business Neobank Play In Nigeri / How To Get RDP With Admin Access And Dedicated IP Address / MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Atiku007: 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
Cool
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by chyzoo4u(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
If you dig deep into that letter, you'll understand he's telling the employees that they should get ready to be absorbed by Access bank, or get sacked.

10 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by quiverfull(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Semantics! Spare us this play on words and damage control; Access Bank just bought over Diamond Bank, period!

4 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
Rehearsed damage control.
The prodigal son
No more private jet for Uzuoma
What a pity

4 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by PapaNnamdi: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
I have both access and diamond Bank accounts, what will happen to my money Biko,

eh , my bet account,

to think I opened a diamond account to run away from access bank excessive charges, kuku kee me , Nigeria,. just kee me

7 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Guide777(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
asuustrike1:

Can a leopard change it's skin?
No!
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
it’s obvious why there is a take over.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by oluwaahmed: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
Access bought Intercontinental, now diamond bank.
A bank that achieved this should be feared and respected at the same time. Next we go hear sey them buy GTB.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by StOla: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
He is making an acquisition of his own bank by another, look like a great accomplishment.

10 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Emyo(m): 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by oluwaahmed: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
chyzoo4u:
If you dig deep into that letter, you'll understand he's telling the employees that they should get ready to be absorbed by Access bank, or get sacked.

Bro if you buy a failed business, will you retain the employees? I feel bad for staff of diamond bank right now they are now categorized as toxic assets

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Xander85: 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Flat head Uzoma.He frittered all the monies on oloshos and runs girl

Go back and study what mergers actually means! You think Access Bank would want to merge with Diamond if the later was distressed? This merger could possibly birth the largest commercial bank in Nigeria!

Any excuse to go tribal....that's all you're looking for innit?

6 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Enniez2018(m): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
I hope my December salary no go hand sha. Diamond bank na December we dey abeg o
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
Guide777:

No!
With the merger access bank is in charge hence be ready for numerous charges as alleged by many on this forum

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Enemyofpeace: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
henryobinna:
I still don't understand,
Will my account now be an access bank account? And hope the services rendered by Diamond will remain the same and better improve.
no, you've lost your money as you do not gave account at access bank but diamond bank. Na my head catch you, sorry o
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
PapaNnamdi:
I have both access and diamond Bank accounts, what will happen to my money Biko,

eh , my bet account,

to think I opened a diamond account to run away from access bank excessive charges, kuku kee me , Nigeria,. just kee me
gringringrin
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by SmilingMary(m): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
After working for both banks, all I can say is I feel for staff of diamond bank, loads of them are going to join the Labour market after the merger. Access Bank will never lay off their staff just as they did to intercontinental bank...but will codedly layoff that of diamond bank....

14 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by IrepChrist: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Finally we would have *Access* to the *Diamond*

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by einsteine(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
what would be the name of the combined bank?

He is calling a pure acquisition a merger.

The note to the NSE says diamond bank shareholders would be paid a mix of cash and Access bank shares. There would be no Diamond bank again. In any case, the acquisition would be seamless seeing as both banks have a lot in common.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by goaldynboy: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
It is well with Diamond Bank!

I pray the merger turn out beautiful for both banks and their staff, depositors, stakeholders, shareholders, associates, Clients, etc
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Speedo17(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
First lemme just assume it's a "Merger" just like he said and not an acquisition.

Secondly if 2019 Diamond Bank's name has changed to "Access Bank" then for Access Bank it's an Acquisition and not a Merger.

The Controlling rights and new Board appointments next year will reveal to us all what really happened.

Finally I am glad it's not a bankruptcy. Because by a mergers, business will continue.

3 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Big grammar can never translate to efficiency.
Useless manager.

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Evercurious(f): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bazinga:
For those wondering what is truly going on between diamond Bank and Access bank, here is a more detailed explanation of the whole story from the CEO

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by arrestdarrester: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Xander85:

Go back and study what mergers actually means! You think Access Bank would want to merge with Diamond if the later was distressed? This merger could possibly birth the largest commercial bank in Nigeria!

Any excuse to go tribal....that's all you're looking for innit?

Bros cool down and follow the trajectory of Diamond. First you close your UK operations. The narrative was cost-cutting. Next, you sold your West African operations. The narrative was focus. With nothing left to sell you sold your birthright. And the narrative? Merger.

Well, just in case you insist on it being a merger, I agree with you. After all we both agree 'apple' is a kind of computer.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Evercurious(f): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
einsteine:
what would be the name of the combined bank?

He is calling a pure acquisition a merger.

The note to the NSE says diamond bank shareholders would be paid a mix of cash and Access bank shares. There would be no Diamond bank again. In any case, the acquisition would be seamless seeing as both banks have a lot in common.

My dear don't ve deceived by his words..it's an acquisition and not a merger...

He is just trying to save face

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by ikaboy: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
See what drugs and olosho has caused.

5 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Lionheartedfew: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
Moral of the story.....Nepotism and business are a bad combination.Good bye Diamond bank.

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Youngpo413: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
chyzoo4u:
your signature is my favourite track.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by FisifunKododada: 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
Just dis year Igbos were bragging about this bank and this man. They were saying its is the best bank in Africa. And it is evidence that Igbos are the best race in the world. So, I only have one question: Wa-happen? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by easy34(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
my own be say my money no dey lost
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Guide777(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
asuustrike1:

With the merger access bank is in charge hence be ready for numerous charges as alleged by many on this forum
Access has been my bank and i have not noticed the so called charges.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What A Banker Did To Me Recently / Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.