Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" (37808 Views)

Uzoma Dozie’s Sparkle Raises $3.1M For Personal, Business Neobank Play In Nigeri / How To Get RDP With Admin Access And Dedicated IP Address / MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Boyooosa(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
If you read that write up kindly summarize.
Some of us attended night school
undecided
It's night already, o ya get to work!
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bazinga:
For those wondering what is truly going on between diamond Bank and Access bank, here is a more detailed explanation of the whole story from the CEO

Diamond bank should continue deceiving themselves. I called my account officer in Access bank and he told me the whole truth, not this mumbo jumbo story here angry

11 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Yankee101: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Access bank better move in immediately before asset stripping and issuance of non performing loans to friends and collaborators begins.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Jlow2: 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sirheny007:
God bless us with wise sons who would manage our investments well.
Each time I remember Paschal Dozie,
I remember Late Chief Ferdinand Anaghara, (Iyi I of Urualla) cry cry
haa ferdinand anaghara my dad was distributor of his vegetable oil in the north early 90s, he is indeed a proud son of ideato GOD BLESS HIS SOUL
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by September13: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sorry ooooo, but for clarity sake who is swallowing who.... Cos I'm not understanding
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by ifenadi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
This is internal memo. Who leaked it? Seems that diamond bank staff are not professional
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by kjhova(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bazinga:
For those wondering what is truly going on between diamond Bank and Access bank, here is a more detailed explanation of the whole story from the CEO

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that the English grammar and vocabulary in the letter put out by Diamond Bank is appalling??

Jesus! Did their brand team vet this letter or did Uzo just put it out on his own

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Kharol1234: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
tank God na onli 53naira i get der i go soon use am buy 50naira airtym......

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
kjhova:

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that the English grammar and vocabulary in the letter put out by Diamond Bank is appalling??

Jesus! Did their brand team vet this letter or did Uzo just put it out on his own
Uzoma no sabi write mail... I read several of his mails.

The guy na misfit

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by shukudi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
ednut1:
Diamond staff in branches near access bank the end is near
I pity them already.
Hope some flat screens will not blame jubrin for this?
Na their pikin be the termite, wey chop diamond bank wood from within o.
Another saraki from the east.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Modarun(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
stupid idiat. Your Father worked all his life to hand you a Bank and you run it aground. Even when the Bank was in red, the idiotic slowpoke refused to resign so that those who can save the bank would take over.
This is a lesson for those who keeps trying to undermine Dangote success simply because he got a 500,000 loan from his Uncle. Hello most of you wont be worth a dime after a few years if they gave you 50mil. This disgrace of a son Uzoma was handed an entire empire and he ran it to the ground. Its not enough to make money, pray God gives you children that will take after you and expand your legacy.
What a disgrace to IBOs this Uzoma Dozie is.

11 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by bookishme: 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
Xander85:

Go back and study what mergers actually means! You think Access Bank would want to merge with Diamond if the later was distressed? This merger could possibly birth the largest commercial bank in Nigeria!

Any excuse to go tribal....that's all you're looking for innit?
this is not a merger. It's pure acquisition. There's a difference between the 2.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
...this is not a merger...but a subtle takeover/acquisition by Access Bank....

...feel sorry for a majority of Diamondbank employees in 2019 who will be unemployed...sad but that's the nature of capitalism...

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Xander85: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
arrestdarrester:

Bros cool down and follow the trajectory of Diamond. First you close your UK operations. The narrative was cost-cutting. Next, you sold your West African operations. The narrative was focus. With nothing left to sell you sold your birthright. And the narrative? Merger.

Well, just in case you insist on it being a merger, I agree with you. After all we both agree 'apple' is a kind of computer.

I'm already cool, so no need telling me to cool down!

None of us are privy to the details of the merger, so all we're doing is speculating!

Could it be that Diamond Bank is actually distressed? Possibly! But it could also be nothing more than a merger between the two banks to create Nigerias' largest commercial bank! The issue i had with some on this thread was how they zeroed in on just one possibility and began abusing the MD of Diamond Bank, with some even targeting his ethnicity!

If Access Bank was acquiring Diamond as a distressed bank, they're under no obligation to lie about it! After all, Spring Bank was recently bought by another bank and the facts that it was a distressed bank were laid bare for all!

Diamond Bank closing its foreign UK and African operations could actually be part of deal for the merger to go ahead. After all, why maintain these foreign operations when the bigger bank they're merging with already has bigger and possibly more advanced operations in the UK and West Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Boss13: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
His statement seems like he had been promised a job in Access Bank

4 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Shookonekilla: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
This is an outright acquisition not a merger

Sir Pascal spoilt his son and the stupid cretin ran the bank down

How the story has ended

2 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by rhames(m): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
bamdexfarms:
The MD has finally crumbled his father's Empire

My auditor will tell me one thing after a no-stress audit:

This is the true and fair view of the affairs of your company for the year.

and I agree that your statement is on point.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by rhames(m): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sirheny007:
God bless us with wise sons who would manage our investments well.
Each time I remember Paschal Dozie,
I remember Late Chief Ferdinand Anaghara, (Iyi I of Urualla) cry cry

Who is that person?
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by rhames(m): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Shookonekilla:
This is an outright acquisition not a merger

Sir Pascal spoilt his son and the stupid cretin ran the bank down

How the story has ended

You mean he managed it to the ground?
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by king1234: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
do your research and you will know he did not manage the bank properly. it fel under his watch...the bank is actually distressed...google is your friend

Xander85:

None of us are privy to the details of the merger, so all we're doing is speculating!

Could it be that Diamond Bank is actually distressed? Possibly! But it could also be nothing more than a merger between the two banks to create Nigerias' largest commercial bank! The issue i had with some on this thread was how they zeroed in on just one possibility and began abusing the MD of Diamond Bank, with some even targeting his ethnicity!

If Access Bank was acquiring Diamond as a distressed bank, they're under no obligation to lie about it! After all, Spring Bank was recently bought by another bank and the facts that it was a distressed bank were laid bare for all!

Diamond Bank closing its foreign UK and African operations could actually be part of deal for the merger to go ahead. After all, why maintain these foreign operations when the bigger bank they're merging with already has bigger and possibly more advanced operations in the UK and West Africa?
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by rhames(m): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
Modarun:
stupid idiat. Your Father worked all his life tovhand you a Bank and you run it aground. Even when the Bank was in red, the idiotic slowpoke rufed to resign so that those who can save the bank would take over.
This is a lesson for those whovkept saying Dangote got 500,000 loan. this disgrace of a son Uzoma was handed an entire empire and he ran it to the ground. Its not enough to make money, pray God gives you children that will take after you and expand your legacy.
What a disgrace to IBOs this Uzoma Dozie is.

A very BIG DISGRACE indeed.
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by wink2015(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
tizzle:
Call it merger or whatever you will... Access bank is buying over diamond bank... That's all we know

The Dozie fraud gangs is using gentlemanly English to deceive us.

Diamond bank collapse like a pack of cards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by vineyardfarms: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
Computergloba:
tongue
Prodigal son came to steal, kill and destroyed the father's estate. Lesson, always look for successor outside the family for continuity

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Xander85: 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
king1234:
do your research and you will know he did not manage the bank properly. it fel under his watch...the bank is actually distressed...google is your friend

Dude, there's nothing to research! There are three parties involved in this issue: Access Bank; Diamond Bank; and the regulators (CBN)! Of the three, we've heard from just one that says it's a merger! So until we hear otherwise from any of the other two, merger is what i'm going with!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Goke7: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
PapaNnamdi:
I have both access and diamond Bank accounts, what will happen to my money Biko,

eh , my bet account,

to think I opened a diamond account to run away from access bank excessive charges, kuku kee me , Nigeria,. just kee me

o boy i sympathize with you no be small o chei. from frying pan to fire! The Lord is in control. that's all I can say
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by maisauki: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
Chukazu:
This mumu keep saying "mager"...

Such a disgraceful spoilt chicken
MORAL? Train ur children wel esp tru pland sufrin and sef-husle so he go knw say bein rich no b beans
Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Charmingpet: 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
I pray this development won't affect the staff. Wish them all the best.

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Wize1: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
kjhova:

I thought so too. Lots of repetition, wrong and unnecessary use of vocabularies coming from a large corporate. The entire thing reeks of a desperate attempt to sound very intellectual and official but done by a rookie. Its typical of Uzodima. He focuses too much on swag and aesthetics leaving out the important stuff. Lots of mistake as well. Not surprised though, poor corporate governance, nepotism and cronyism are the order of the day in Diamond bank. The letter has Uzodima's hands all over it. His persona shines through the letter. For those in the know, an over hyped, frivolous and grossly incompetent, arrogant rich kid who likes to think himself a fulfilled tech entrepreneur. Dude wants to be a tech superstar entrepreneur so bad, he lost focus and didn't realise what he had in his hands was bigger. Merger my foot. Bank has been on the verge of failing for a while. All their attempt to raise capital from foreign investors failed and this is the last resort. Bad loans to cronies amongst other things. Sad!

3 Likes

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Wize1: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
Boss13:
His statement seems like he had been promised a job in Access Bank

That one won't last a week working in a structured place or for someone else. Spoilt empty headed kid.

1 Like

Re: Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" by Drakkernoir: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
Xander85:

You are saying total crap

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What A Banker Did To Me Recently / Ecrestglobal E-currency Exchange Customer Support / Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.