Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Church? : Is It Compulsory That I Attend A Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Church? : Is It Compulsory That I Attend A Church? (237 Views)

UK vs Nigeria: Why I Will Never Attend A Church In Nigeria Again - Man / Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Why Church Universities Are Expensive Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Church? : Is It Compulsory That I Attend A Church? by LFTP(f): 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
A lot of people ask this question “why do I have to go to church every Sunday, Isn't my quiet time enough? ” The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing and it also tells us we are the temples of God, so then why should we go to church?
Going to church can be compared to the gathering together of a family. Every Christian is a member of the body of Christ and we all have unique gifts and talents.

Why do we need to go to church?
1. Fellowship :
Going to church opens us to fellowship with the brethren, we become part of a family, we bear each others' burden, we pray for one another.
“ if one member suffers, all suffer together, if one is honoured, all are honoured. ”
- 1 Corinthians 12:26.

2. Corporate worship :
Mathew 17:20 - "Where two or more are gathered there I am."
Personal times with God is needed but nothing should stop believers from coming together to declare how great God is. Sometimes, nothing is better than believers coming together to worship God because there in their midst, He is strong and mighty.

To continue reading, link https://lettersfromthepotter./2018/12/17/why-church-is-it-compulsory-that-i-attend-a-church/
Re: Why Church? : Is It Compulsory That I Attend A Church? by dollytino4real(f): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
it is not but u can go to okija shrine

(1) (Reply)

Whose Teaching About God And The Things Of God Would You Believe? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :wednesday, December 19,2018 / Riches Stored In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.