Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn (6332 Views)

Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel / NNPCL Delivers Fourth 1 Million Barrel Tranche Of Crude Oil To Dangote Refinery / FG Can’t Recover ₦10bn Tradermoni, To Begin Second Tranche Of Disbursements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Stalwert: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2018
[s]
pawesome:
when you actually think sense is common
[/s]

When illiterates think they actually think
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Bigdeeee: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2018
When the sadistic IPOB PDPîgs realized there won’t be fuel scarcity anymore... grin
“Oh, we’re in pains... the zoo has finished us”

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by pawesome(m): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

When illiterates think they actually think
when the school actually went through you instead of you going through the school
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Stalwert: 8:27am On Dec 18, 2018
[[s]quote author=pawesome post=73948010]when the school actually went through you instead of you going through the school[/quote][/s]

When going to school made you more illiterate than an actual illiterate
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Sholaco: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2018
God bless buhari smiley
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by lizfrosh: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2018
mmmm
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by theoldpretender(m): 8:39am On Dec 18, 2018
DKERIAN:
I thought PMB said the reason for increase in fuel price when he took over from GEJ from 87 to 145,etc was because he stopped subsidy payment,which other subsidy are we talking about?

The debt dating back from GEJ's time plus the first few months of Bubu's time. before he 'stopped subsidy'.

(And before you accuse me of blaming GEJ....the reason why we are here is because back in 2012...Nigerians said no to GEJ's foresight in increasing fuel prices....because all they saw was N65 now N145....not the fact that fuel subsidy was unsustainable).
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by theoldpretender(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2018
Greatidonis:
Subsidizing corruption and claiming to fight it, pls give one one billion to each Nigerian instead.

We are in this mess because Nigerians like you opposed subsidy removal...(well, partial removal) in 2012.

As far back as 2006, people in government were telling you codedly that fuel subsidy was not sustainable. GEJ removed it partially, you Nigerians complained, GEJ brought it back...and as a result govt went into debt maintaining a subsidy that it could no longer afford.

1 Like

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Doyin2(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2018
fyneguy:
N800B owed by Jonathan

I beg remind them oooo...

The subsidy for thieves and crooks many of whom delivered nothing.

Now the government is paying petrol subsidy directly to the masses,through NNPC under-recovery system

Yet the blind still cannot see change undecided
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Doyin2(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Makanjuola89:
PMB cleaning GEJ's mess

cheesy
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by helinues: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2018
Another vote buying in a positive way

Any thing to avoid unnecessary queue at the filling station this yuletide season are welcomed

1 Like

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by theoldpretender(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2018
Yankee101:
Election diversions

He promised to erase subsidies

He ended up increasing them

1.Bubu did not promise anything on subsidies, and the only comment he made was based on the 'scams' thatr were happening at the time...when markteters were collecting money for fuel not imported.

(Bubu ended that loophole by making NNPC the sole importer...though that has led to the corruption being centered in NNPC as regards subsidy.

2.No Nigerian leader is going to remove subsidy completely. Even Atiku that claims he will bring fuel to N90...when one liter of fuel costs more than N100 to produce....is not going to go through with his idea.

All Nigerian leaders will do is wait till the current subsidy is unsustainable...and then they will partially remove subsidy.

If BUBU had removed subsidy completely....fuel would be costing N250 per liter...and he and the enitre political class would be in danger of losing their jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by helinues: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Kenekingisback:
When will they get full payment?
They should insist on full payment otherwise the balance would be in December 2019 grin

You live, bath, drink, sleep, swim with hatred

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Doyin2(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

We are in this mess because Nigerians like you opposed subsidy removal...(well, partial removal) in 2012.

As far back as 2006, people in government were telling you codedly that fuel subsidy was not sustainable. GEJ removed it partially, you Nigerians complained, GEJ brought it back...and as a result govt went into debt maintaining a subsidy that it could no longer afford.

The solution is not subsidy removal,but getting our refineries working.

The hyperinflationary effect of removing the subsidy would be calamitous.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Kenekingisback: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

As if you're going to collect 1 Naira inside the money.

See yeye sympathy for the useless government
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by KadunaMafia: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2018
Corrinthians:
Even if you don't modify, I'd still LIKE the comment. Even if you put only a comma, I'd like it! grin
i pity your new wife because you are a baby
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by pawesome(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2018
[s][/s]
Stalwert:
[[s]quote author=pawesome post=73948010]when the school actually went through you instead of you going through the school[/s]

When going to school made you more illiterate than an actual illiterate
[s][/s]

I actually didn't waste money for school to go through me like you... You ought to be given a refund grin
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2018
Funny that Change to next level supporters can afford to make comments like Dullard clearing GEJ's mess just to mention one. So our president is a dullard and further more PMB is willing to pay a cabal for no service rendered the nation. Who knows maybe the next thing would be let's pay ADM for character defamation after finding out that there is no such thing as NNPC missing/looted billions during her tenure as NNPC head.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by theoldpretender(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2018
Doyin2:

The solution is not subsidy removal,but getting our refineries working.

The hyperinflationary effect of removing the subsidy would be calamitous.

The problem is getting our refineries working will only mitigate things small...because our refineries fully working cannot meet all our fuel needs (the last one opened in 1988....30 years ago).

Dangote is there...but when it opens,it isn't going to go to full capacity yet...and even at full capacity...it won't meet all our needs.

As for subsidy....here is how it works. Say, I am a seller of shirts. I buy shirts at N2000 each and plan to sell them at N2500,making a profit. Government comes in, tells me to sell my shirts at N1500, and pays me a subsidy of N700 per shirt, giving me a profit of N200...which isn't enough for all my needs, nor does it let me do things like employ more salespeople, or buy shirts more easily.

That is what government has been doing to marketers...and why we ended up with the debt we are paying in the first place...and why GEJ (I am no fan of his) wanted to do something 'irrational' like remove fuel subsidy...because it was not sustainable.

And another thing...back to the shirt analogy....other people wanting to get into the shirt business would see my profit issue...and refrain frominvesting. Had I been allowed to make my profit normally,other people would have been attracted into shirt selling...and eventually prices would vcomedown via competiton.

Subsidy makes investment in the petrol sector difficult...and that includes building new refineries. Why build a new refinery and then sellfuel at a price less than the refining cost from the get go...? (Dangote took loans to get his refinery built...and i doubt he would love to sell at subsidy prices.). That is partly why our refineries are not working well....it isn'tprofitable to run them under subsidy regime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2018
ehinmowo:
Govt should have removed susidy long time ago. But oil marketer thieves who will supply one ship and demand fir 3 and their handlers has been frustrating that effort since.
So these ones who are about to be paid did bring in PMS and PMB is cocksure about their claims meaning the subsidy payment wasn't an a scam what a way to go to prove a point.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Bishop4real: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
This is exactly one week to Christmas, and there is no sign of Fuel scarcity during the festive season.
Something that we never missed for once during the tenures of criminals and thieves in the thieving party.

We will never allow PDP on our country anymore.
God punish devil!

And to think this happened when "Christians" were in power, especially the immediate past regime...

Never again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2018
Doyin2:

cheesy
very soon he would pay Diezani for character defamation and you will comment in similar fashion.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Donlino123(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2018
fyneguy:
N800B owed by Jonathan
DID YOU READ THE POST AT ALL?
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Donlino123(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2018
Makanjuola89:
PMB cleaning GEJ's mess
DID YOU READ THE POST AT ALL?
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2018
Rubbish!!

We were made to buy fuel at exorbitant prices when these bastards inflate the price, when will we get our money back?

Government better not pay those yahoo oil marketers.

1 Like

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by jaxxy(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2018
A lot of things we cud have fixed in this country to make life meaningful and better we can not fix, we keep on managing an obviously flawed strategy and policy plan.

1 Like

Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Doyin2:

I beg remind them oooo...

The subsidy for thieves and crooks many of whom delivered nothing.

Now the government is paying petrol subsidy directly to the masses,through NNPC under-recovery system

Yet the blind still cannot see change undecided
How about the subsidy removal claim of Ibe Kachukwu and 85 naira per litre talk in 2016, what is under recovery now to justify a flawed system that yes stockpiles fuel that the average man cannot afford, who is really blind.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2018
TheGreenLand:
This is exactly one week to Christmas, and there is no sign of Fuel scarcity during the festive season.
Something that we never missed for once during the tenures of criminals and thieves in the thieving party.

We will never allow PDP on our country anymore.
God punish devil!

Your brain cells must be decaying.

Who was in power in December 2015, 2016 and 2017? You don't remember the fuel scarcity?

Anyway I don't expect you to know. Almost every cell in that brain of yours is gone
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by duni04(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2018
theoldpretender:

The problem is getting our refineries working will only mitigate things small...because our refineries fully working cannot meet all our fuel needs (the last one opened in 1988....30 years ago).

Dangote is there...but when it opens,it isn't going to go to full capacity yet...and even at full capacity...it won't meet all our needs.

As for subsidy....here is how it works. Say, I am a seller of shirts. I buy shirts at N2000 each and plan to sell them at N2500,making a profit. Government comes in, tells me to sell my shirts at N1500, and pays me a subsidy of N700 per shirt, giving me a profit of N200...which isn't enough for all my needs, nor does it let me do things like employ more salespeople, or buy shirts more easily.

That is what government has been doing to marketers...and why we ended up with the debt we are paying in the first place...and why GEJ (I am no fan of his) wanted to do something 'irrational' like remove fuel subsidy...because it was not sustainable.

And another thing...back to the shirt analogy....other people wanting to get into the shirt business would see my profit issue...and refrain frominvesting. Had I been allowed to make my profit normally,other people would have been attracted into shirt selling...and eventually prices would vcomedown via competiton.

Subsidy makes investment in the petrol sector difficult...and that includes building new refineries. Why build a new refinery and then sellfuel at a price less than the refining cost from the get go...? (Dangote took loans to get his refinery built...and i doubt he would love to sell at subsidy prices.). That is partly why our refineries are not working well....it isn'tprofitable to run them under subsidy regime.
Bros good analogy but Nigeria stopped paying money as subsidy to those PDP oil marketers in 2016 after that criminal Jonathan left!
These debts that these marketers are claiming are legacy debts that that criminal Jonathan left. He basically paid them billions of dollars for importing nothing! They paid Jonathan back with massive political patronage and donations. That's how the likes of Bamanga Tukur and Arekesola got richer and richer. Thanks to Buhari their cases are still in court.
Back to the subsidy issue, In all oil producing countries of the world, except those in the first world, there will always be debates as to whether the government should subsidise petrol imports so the citizens can enjoy the oil producing status the country enjoys. It's the case in most of the gulf states, Mexico, Libya and even Brazil. Nigeria is not exempt. And it's a very valid argument! People in oil producing countries should not have to pay the same price for petrol as people elsewhere. International finance organisations like the IMF and World bank always preach deregulation and liberalization in these countries because these subsidies that exis in these countries are always fraught with Corruption so the economic benefits of the subsidies do not essentially trickle down to the population. Is it then possible for an oil producing country like Nigeria to practise a regulated downstream oil sector so that it's citizens enjoy the benefits of its oil wealth? The answers yea! The current model we have in Nigeria where the state oil company, NNPC bypasses the fraudulent PDP middle men and imports all the petrol by itself, is working! Though Nigeria may be losing massive revenues inorder to subsidise petrol for its citizens, the benefits can be easily tracked and documented unlike what obtained in the past under that criminal Jonathan.
Even when Dangotes refineries come on board, there will still be that argument as to whether Nigerians should have subsidies by virtue of our oil producing status, or whether we should eliminate them.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2018
Bishop4real:

And to think this happened when "Christians" were in power, especially the immediate past regime...

Never again!
First you need to apologise for that insensitive line about Christians, our country is a secular state as I want to believe you know. Secondly that there is no fuel scarcity now is due the poor state of the economy if you are in doubt check the shopping habits of people this yuletide season. Lastly if you recall the immediate past government wanted to scrap subsidy payment and i remind you that Nigerians in a vast majority said No!
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by Fredsabie: 10:15am On Dec 18, 2018
Bigdeeee:
When the sadistic IPOB PDPîgs realized there won’t be fuel scarcity anymore... grin
“Oh, we’re in pains... the zoo has finished us”
You really live in a Zoo, a very domesticated exhibit.
Re: N800bn Subsidy Debt: Oil Marketers Get First Tranche Of N236bn by AFONJACOW(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2018
According to Jubrin Elsudan I don't know what is subsidy but here we are paying billions to oil marketers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking! Peter Obi Hugged Two Young Lady In Owerri Today - Pics / Counter-Terrorism: NSA Orders Full Implementation Of 2024 Cybercrime Act / Yar'adua's Brother,quits Military For Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.