Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,963 members, 7,814,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) (29908 Views)

Femi Otedola Donates ₦‎1 Billion To Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Lagos Connects 100 Schools And 12 Hospitals With CCTV To Boost State's Security / Shege-Ka-Fasa: Northern Nigeria Security Outfit Launched (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
STATE SECURITY IS JUST THE BEST

WHY WON'T NIGERIANS LEARN FOR ONCE

BUHARI LEARN NA
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Raskasal(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
Athena4:
All those vehicles na for show. No be naija again!

You can never believe a good thing..
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nextstep(m): 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
I'm going to pour sand into this garri. Not because I'm a hater, in fact Edo are my next door neighbors and I love them (though sometimes I dey fear enter Edo at night)

The primary reason for insecurity is lack of employment opportunities, and the money spent here would have seen much better use if invested in SMEs. Identify a few important sectors, and for each company: use half the money to procure equipment for them; insist they employ 5 Edo youths for one year, and use the other half the money to pay those youths' salaries for that year. This is a bit like NYSC in the way that government pays allowee (in this case salary), and the hiring company is guaranteed Human Resources without worrying how to pay for them. This way you know that employees are actually being paid, and equipment is being used.

Instead, we now have a situation where the government will need to spend even more money on fuel, maintenance, and security personnel. The money has gone to enrich foreign car and motorcycle makers; even uniforms and reflective jackets has added to the bottom line of foreign companies.

We will also see increasing tension with the existing police force, and yet another means for the security people to extort money from citizens (i.e. bribes).

At the same time, youths have no job opportunities, industry has not grown, and we'll see in a few years, these same vehicles rusting under some mango tree somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Denikayan: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
When Benin Flying Eagles start taking up this vehicles one by one, The state government will want to believe all the cars had faulty brake pads from factory
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Donbrig: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
May God bless Edo State, the governor is really doing a lot for Edo State. Security should be a priority in Edo, considering the fact that Edo is the only state in Nigeria that links all the six geopolitical zones, and has a huge potential for tourism.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by LordsApostle: 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2018
haywire07:
And they have weapons? This is more like a private militia and it's wrong on all levels.

in every security labile environment, most co-opt private security outfits inollaboration with the state to keep it stable and make security more effective.. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran, even close by home Benin Republic, they all have similar set up.
The truth is our security apparatuses have been overwhelmed and them being Nigerians, these things tend to come up. Our worries should be checkmating those Vigilantee bodies more effectively.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Pamtoye(m): 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
I thought d bill establishing state police wasn't signed na?? Abi?
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
h
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by GistFullGround: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
As an Edo man, I was hoping to see Innoson patronized, but it seems all Governors have decided to send the company to oblivion.

Please patronize IVM and grow Nigeria
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by jesutakewe(f): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
Since it's Edo my neighboring state I was expecting to see cha*rms but I was disappointed. grin lol
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by sprinter101(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
haywire07:
And they have weapons? This is more like a private militia and it's wrong on all levels.

Its not wrong ,the crime in edo its alarming,you get robbed broad day light and they can spend up to 30mins before leaving,police no where to be found,butwith this i belive the crime can be curbed to an extent
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
LordsApostle:
in every security labile environment, most co-opt private security outfits inollaboration with the state to keep it stable and make security more effective.. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Iran, even close by home Benin Republic, they all have similar set up.
The truth is our security apparatuses have been overwhelmed and them being Nigerians, these things tend to come up. Our worries should be checkmating those Vigilantee bodies more effectively.
You talk true like wetinnnnnn grin

1 Like

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by luluosas(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Good development. But the way these Obaseki Police do harass bus drivers in Benin Metropolis is insane. Hope they have changed.
In the long run, State Police rolling in
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
Is that their State Police?
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by WaffenSS(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
1. White elephant project

2. If you wanna buy some cop cars, buy something with muscles. These are Chinese crap no better than hoopties

3. This chick has a moustache

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Fitz22(f): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
Donmedra:
Edo greatness is coming back, everything falling into places..

This time we won't make the same mistake we did

Lol, greatness coming back because of uniform. �
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Iwillbegreat: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
nextstep:
I'm going to pour sand into this garri. Not because I'm a hater, in fact Edo are my next door neighbors and I love them (though sometimes I dey fear enter Edo at night)

The primary reason for insecurity is lack of employment opportunities, and the money spent here would have seen much better use if invested in SMEs. Identify a few important sectors, and for each company: use half the money to procure equipment for them; insist they employ 5 Edo youths for one year, and use the other half the money to pay those youths' salaries for that year. This is a bit like NYSC in the way that government pays allowee (in this case salary), and the hiring company is guaranteed Human Resources without worrying how to pay for them. This way you know that employees are actually being paid, and equipment is being used.

Instead, we now have a situation where the government will need to spend even more money on fuel, maintenance, and security personnel. The money has gone to enrich foreign car and motorcycle makers; even uniforms and reflective jackets has added to the bottom line of foreign companies.

We will also see increasing tension with the existing police force, and yet another means for the security people to extort money from citizens (i.e. bribes).

At the same time, youths have no job opportunities, industry has not grown, and we'll see in a few years, these same vehicles rusting under some mango tree somewhere.
oga you know nothing about Edo state.

You don't even know *Edojobs*

Find out more, we are improving
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
undecided

Lagos, Edo and other APC states were allowed to form their own security outfits but Buhari and Burutai refused the setting up of Rivers state own outfit to tackle her pecuilar security challenges, instead they termed them millitia.

It's wao for this intolerant government oo!.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
Edodefender:
It's literally impossible to beat Edo in anything positive.

Only Edo can take down Edo.

Yes oh!!! That's why we always say.... Edo Odion!!!
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Jowanson: 6:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Very funny situation going on in this APC led govt...Rivers state wanted to do neighborhood corps, it was disrupted by military which was orchestrated by the APC led fed govt...and masterminded by Rivers APC led by Amaechi...I just laugh in Swahili....

We will get this nation working again come next year
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
sprinter101:

Its not wrong ,the crime in edo its alarming,you get robbed broad day light and they can spend up to 30mins before leaving,police no where to be found,butwith this i belive the crime can be curbed to an extent

But the neighborhood watch in Rivers state was wrong and disrupted by buhari's army.

Buhari/jubril/cabal

Must

Go!
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Are those private super cars for security also?
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nextstep(m): 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
Iwillbegreat:
oga you know nothing about Edo state.

You don't even know *Edojobs*

Find out more, we are improving

Put more and more money into jobs. Keep that momentum going. That's what I'd like to emphasize.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nickxtra(m): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
Edodefender:
Edo seal of authority in the vehicle..

Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44
Proudly my state
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nickxtra(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
arcnomec:
And here in Rivers state,the governor tried setting same thing,but the former governor and his APC led federal government tagged them militia.
The governor himself is a threat, so what do you expect from his trained "children"
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Waste of money. In less than one year almost 50% of these cars will be nowhere to be found. In two years, that will increase to about 90% nowhere to be found.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nickxtra(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
nextstep:

Put more and more money into jobs. Keep that momentum going. That's what I'd like to emphasize.
Edo state security wise is far better than your supposedly neighbor state to Edo. Go sit down abeg
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hmm.. Maybe I'll finally travel home after all these years grin
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by codesport(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
K
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
Donmedra:
Edo greatness is coming back, everything falling into places..

This time we won't make the same mistake we did

Are you a Cameroonian or Nigerian?

If you are the later, maybe you never lived in Nigeria
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why can't he patronise Innoson motors?
innoson can't supply 100units of any fleet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats / Gunmen Ambush, Kill Obi Alex Edozieuno, Chauffeur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.