Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) (29902 Views)

Femi Otedola Donates ₦‎1 Billion To Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Lagos Connects 100 Schools And 12 Hospitals With CCTV To Boost State's Security / Shege-Ka-Fasa: Northern Nigeria Security Outfit Launched (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Naijamagician: 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Why do I foresee this guys harassing boys in the name of yahoo yahoo.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by nextstep(m): 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
nickxtra:
Edo state security wise is far better than your supposedly neighbor state to Edo. Go sit down abeg

Oh come on. I'm just giving a more general advise about how I think money can be better spent, and I would give that same advise to my own state. I'm not trying to say one place is better than the other... I'm just saying that I think the problem we're seeing with insecurity is because of lack of employment. When they brought okada and then keke, it was about employing youths. If instead they used that money to just get more security back then, do you think we would have been safer? I doubt it.

There are so many people all over Nigeria who are able to earn money legitimately all over Nigeria because of NAPEP, and so do not resort to crime. I'm simply suggesting that Edo go further and provide more sources of employment, which might be a longer-term solution. That's all.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:08am On Dec 19, 2018
Very good. All states should look in this direction
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by saintaustine(m): 1:27am On Dec 19, 2018
Donmedra:
undecided

How is obaseki oshiomole?

Me self tire
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by saintaustine(m): 1:31am On Dec 19, 2018
Denikayan:
When Benin Flying Eagles start taking up this vehicles one by one, The state government will want to believe all the cars had faulty brake pads from factory

Negative minded people.
Nonsense.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 4:43am On Dec 19, 2018
nextstep:

Oh come on. I'm just giving a more general advise about how I think money can be better spent, and I would give that same advise to my own state. I'm not trying to say one place is better than the other... I'm just saying that I think the problem we're seeing with insecurity is because of lack of employment. When they brought okada and then keke, it was about employing youths. If instead they used that money to just get more security back then, do you think we would have been safer? I doubt it.

There are so many people all over Nigeria who are able to earn money legitimately all over Nigeria because of NAPEP, and so do not resort to crime. I'm simply suggesting that Edo go further and provide more sources of employment, which might be a longer-term solution. That's all.

Mr Sabi sabi, the employed for this security outfit are the ghosts or from other states? If this is not employment what else is it? Most Okada riders were people who had lost their previous jobs, some never had jobs, others were fresh graduates that couldn't find jobs. Are aware that Okada was only banned from major roads and streets due to the high crime rate it was used for? Are you aware of the very high accidents rates with high casualties and the risks they posed because most of rode without caution or care for other road users?
many of una just yarn dust without a simple understanding of one issue and how it interweaves with other issues which a responsible govt like Obaseki is trying to fix?
I was born, raised and educated in Benin but presently living outside, I visit Benin twice yearly to spend 2 weeks and I'm impressed by the progress we governor is making and our people at home are happy to see how gradually things are falling in place.
The most noise-makers against Edo are either non-Edo people, people who have never stepped into Edo but hears rumours and they propagate same, the Edos who shout their voices hoarse against our govt are mostly people who used to participate is sharing our money into their private pockets which is no longer same and life is hard for them now. They are thrive in chaos by doing dirty jobs for useless politicians but not anymore. Others are former Agberos who used to feed on other people's sweat by intimidation and bullying but not anymore except perhaps other cities or towns outside benin, Agberos have contained in Benin and they are not happy.
Make una leave Edo for Edo people, our gonernor is working and gradually help our people to change their mindset...
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 19, 2018
Athena4:
All those vehicles na for show. No be naija again!
Sharaap it for real....Edo state is better than your state abeg
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 19, 2018
Edodefender:
you can never do that in Edo state.

Even me that I'm pro pdp love obaseki..

Edo comes first before any party or country..
Yes Edo is first oo look as everybody support d man edn PDP happy join grin
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 19, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why can't he patronise Innoson motors?
It urgent na we can't wait that long oo....perhaps innocent motors are not too good....according to some people
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 19, 2018
adenine02:
I still always wonder where all these cars, bike and trucks go to after lunch
Cos I never seen anyone on the road before
Yuh have trust issues .....can't u wait a while before u start accusing dem haba embarassed
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2018
[s]
nextstep:
I'm going to pour sand into this garri. Not because I'm a hater, in fact Edo are my next door neighbors and I love them (though sometimes I dey fear enter Edo at night)

The primary reason for insecurity is lack of employment opportunities, and the money spent here would have seen much better use if invested in SMEs. Identify a few important sectors, and for each company: use half the money to procure equipment for them; insist they employ 5 Edo youths for one year, and use the other half the money to pay those youths' salaries for that year. This is a bit like NYSC in the way that government pays allowee (in this case salary), and the hiring company is guaranteed Human Resources without worrying how to pay for them. This way you know that employees are actually being paid, and equipment is being used.

Instead, we now have a situation where the government will need to spend even more money on fuel, maintenance, and security personnel. The money has gone to enrich foreign car and motorcycle makers; even uniforms and reflective jackets has added to the bottom line of foreign companies.

We will also see increasing tension with the existing police force, and yet another means for the security people to extort money from citizens (i.e. bribes).

At the same time, youths have no job opportunities, industry has not grown, and we'll see in a few years, these same vehicles rusting under some mango tree somewhere.
[/s]

1 Share

Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Athena4: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2018
Jesse25:

Sharaap it for real....Edo state is better than your state abeg
Shut up wanna be freshman.You no go chill one side pray against ASUU strike
so you can get an education and do something with your life.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
no be all.those cultist boys dey go still.give?
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by arcnomec(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
nickxtra:
The governor himself is a threat, so what do you expect from his trained "children"

Who made him a threat? You and your cronies I guess.We are talking of what will benefit the state,youth would be employed,and some of those touts we see on the street would have reduced,but everything is politics.
Re: Edo State Security Trust Fund Launched (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Athena4:
Shut up wanna be freshman.You no go chill one side pray against ASUU strike
so you can get an education and do something with your life.
Idiotic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Celebrates His Wife, Naeemah Bindawa's Birthday (photo) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives One-Day Lagos Governor, Ms. Jemimah Marcus (Photos) / In Imo, It’s A Titanic Governorship Contest.... See Why???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.