Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Right Materials For Building A Dog House - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Right Materials For Building A Dog House (3619 Views)

My 200k Dog House Project / Do You Have A Dog For Adoption / Inside A Dog Meat Factory: Shocking Photos Reveal How Dogs Are Chained Up(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by TAIRA: 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hello House.

Good Evening. Complements of the Season!! I thank you for your suggestions when I was looking for a dog breed. Good News!! I eventually got a GSD. Expecting her over soon.

Once more, I humbly call on the dog experts here for your insightful opinion on the type of dog house to make. I was planning to build an iron cage but was discouraged against it that it is not good for the health of the dog.

Any ideas, Pls?
Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by prinzetobi: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
If there’s a reason iron cage isn’t suitable for dogs it’s because it conducts heat (sun) and then if these dogs are overly exposed to excessive heat, they could die of heat stroke (here in lies the reason why people are advised not to walk dogs in the afternoons)

Nonetheless, you could build one if you’re gonna place it indoors, or under a shade or as well build a strong/durable wooden Cage.
I’ll check my archive for samples and send.

1 Like

Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by TAIRA: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thank you so much. Waiting for further details .
Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by prinzetobi: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Maybe not the best examples, but at least some ideas could pop up whilst looking at them.

Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by TAIRA: 7:16am On Dec 19, 2018
Thumbs up!! I am grateful.. But won't d iron work against the reason u earlier mentioned as being health hazardous?
Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by prinzetobi: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2018
The iron becomes a bother when it is used as roofing, or majorly in sides of the cage- and I’m talking iron plates. These ones are just iron mesh and a slate roof.
But would be good to hear views of other people on the platform. Perhaps a better idea pops up from mind rubbing.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by neotermprojects(m): 3:55am On Jun 11, 2020
TAIRA:
Thumbs up!! I am grateful.. But won't d iron work against the reason u earlier mentioned as being health hazardous?

Hi.
Dog house or kennel is effective if it provide good shelter from the elements for the comfort of the dog.
Wood, steel, bamboo and fabric are fantastic materials to use for dog house only if it is insulated and cleanable Tay Edwards

Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by neotermprojects(m): 4:03am On Jun 11, 2020
TAIRA:
Hello House.

Good Evening. Complements of the Season!! I thank you for your suggestions when I was looking for a dog breed. Good News!! I eventually got a GSD. Expecting her over soon.

Once more, I humbly call on the dog experts here for your insightful opinion on the type of dog house to make. I was planning to build an iron cage but was discouraged against it that it is not good for the health of the dog.

Best dog house is the aerated insulated roof shelter with steel frame and elevated floor plinths.

Any ideas, Pls?

Re: The Right Materials For Building A Dog House by CrazyCrane: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author=neotermprojects post=90537608][/quote] this lovely what did you use for the base? I'm having issues on deciding what to use for mine

(1) (Reply)

Pure breed Female Chow Chow Puppy For cool price / Pure Caucasian Puppies For Sale / Zimbabwe's Most Famous Lion Found Decapitated Outside National Park (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.