Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Catholics - I Need Another Explanation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics - I Need Another Explanation (284 Views)

Leave Catholics Alone !!!!!: A Facebook User Cries Out / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics - I Need Another Explanation by StormInc: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Someone called me anti-catholic, I may just have to accept the tittle. That aside, Catholics tell me what this prayer means and why is it even said.

Consecration to Mary

My Queen and my Mother, I give myself entirely to you; and to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am your own, keep me, guard me, as your property and possession.
Amen.
Re: Catholics - I Need Another Explanation by MosesAlex: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
StormInc:

I'm not a Christian simple, I don't believe Jesus to be any God or way to God. I believe in God.

You are not Just Anti- Catholic! You are anti Christian
Re: Catholics - I Need Another Explanation by StormInc: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
MosesAlex:

You are not Just Anti- Catholic! You are anti Christian

Lol. I really have not much against Christianity, the only thing is their belief that a white man is God and he died for their sins.

But Catholism, it was something I was in so now, I hate it with more than passion. I don't hate Catholics, it is the religion - Catholism - I hate. Catholism is different from Protestantism by a large margin
Re: Catholics - I Need Another Explanation by MosesAlex: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
StormInc:

Lol. I really have not much against Christianity, the only thing is their belief that a white man is God and he died for their sins.

But Catholism, it was something I was in so now, I hate it with more than passion. I don't hate Catholics, it is the religion - Catholism - I hate. Catholism is different from Protestantism by a large margin

Though it does not matter. Jesus is not a white man. Those from the Middle-East are not called white.
Christianity is more than the colour of the skin.
Acts 2
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this

1 Like

Re: Catholics - I Need Another Explanation by StormInc: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2018
MosesAlex:

Though it does not matter. Jesus is not a white man. Those from the Middle-East are not called white.
Christianity is more than the colour of the skin.
Acts 2
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this

Whereas I don't believe in Jesus, I don't also take the NT seriously. This kind of miracle is impossible, it can never happen. Only Technology can translate languages at a go. Someone cannot be speaking and different natives will be hearing it in their individual tounges. Going further, why can't modern pastors do same, instead it is "Yakayaka Yokoyoko" that is their own speaking in tongues

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be A Born Again Christian? / Nigerian Prophet Shares N30m Among Church Members To Celebrate Christmas (photos / Christfolks.com -- Meet, Share, Connect And Grow With Fellow Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.