Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go (23346 Views)

Tundun Abiola Blasts Tinubu's Supporter During An Interview | Video / Lamido Blasts Tinubu, Amaechi, Others Over ‘silence’ On Attacks On Fulanis / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Adeitanajoke(f): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2018

The Lagos State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has responded to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who mocked him for adopting the ‘freedom’ slogan for his 2019 aspiration.

Tinubu had, while addressing members of the All Progressives Congress on Monday, said, “Those who said they want freedom should go and learn tailoring and vulcanising and we will do freedom for them later.”

However, in a statement on Tuesday, Agbaje likened Tinubu to the biblical Pharaoh of Egypt who refused to allow the children of Israel to leave but kept them in bondage until God sent down 10 plagues that forced Pharaoh’s hand.

“Pharaoh, you must let our people go!” Agbaje said.

“Apparently, the APC leader has lost touch with reality,” Agbaje said in a press statement by his Director of Media and Publicity, Felix Oboagwina.

“Otherwise, he would know that, like the children of Israel, Lagosians are groaning under the taskmaster that Tinubu and his cronies have turned themselves into in this state that should rate as Nigeria’s foremost,” he added.

Recalling that the biblical Pharaoh finally granted liberty to the Israelites only after several vicious plagues, Agbaje said, Lagosians would be liberated after the people might have delivered an electoral disgrace to the APC in 2019.

He also said that his campaign slogan mirrored the same spirit that moved Nelson Mandela to declare his long walk to freedom in an apartheid South Africa.

Agbaje said, “We identify with our vulcanisers, tailors and all craftsmen who have the joy of duly-earned freedom after their apprenticeship.

“But it is apparent that, unlike them, those who have gotten used to filthy lucre and the dividends of corruption cannot savour the joy that comes with the legitimate sweat and labour of hardworking artisans.”

He argued that Lagos State must be freed from the era of nepotism and corruption that saw a private firm maintaining a stranglehold on the state’s funds, contrary to global best practices.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/agbaje-blasts-tinubu-pharaoh-let-my-people-go.html

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by bedspread: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Tinubu Emperor reign is close in Lagos....

Somehow someday it will be over

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Baawaa(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
Agbaje you are in a wrong party,PDP as a party in Nigeria represents Egypt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Teewhy2: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Those who said they want freedom should go and learn tailoring and vulcanising and we will do freedom for them later.

It will be easier for other parties to win Lagos soon than PDP that is what I feel. The person that win wrestle power from Tinubu will be an unknown young gladiator not all these people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by IamD18: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Western folks in Nigeria are too politically blind to turn back at their slave master, Tinubu.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by spako4(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Is this guy contesting against Tinubu or Sanwo?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Fierce11: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Baawaa:
Agbaje you are in a wrong party,PDP as a party in Nigeria represents Egypt
I would have insulted you but you're already stup¡d..
Shebi na APC be land of milk and honey abi? Bastar.d Vagab0nd

129 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by hucienda: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Tinubu's political talk to Agbaje using "vulcaniser" was elitist.

There is dignity in labour.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by JessetariahMD(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Tinubu gat las gidi in his pocket

1 Like

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by PUSSYBOY2: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
I dey laugh o.....Something that a whole OBJ couldn't solve in his two term in office, neither Yar dua nor Goodluck Jonathan could solve as ruling party o.We all know the reason why it was close then was because PDP were the ruling Party! Na now wey Jagaban dey control things as ruling party u wan win mumu dey worry this one well.... grin grin grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by kehinde1588(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Agbaje, Tinubu is already diverting ur attention already. Are you contesting against Tinubu?

If you can't beat them join them.

That's just the little advice I av for Agbaje.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by oilPUSSY(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lagosians will see how Tinubu has been sucking them dry since 1999 the day another political party will take over Lagos State government.
How one man could be pressing a whole ethnic like remote from his bedroom is still a mystery to me..

If this is what sophistication is all about, they should keep it to themselves. What I am seeing is gullibility and slavery..

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by NotBeenPaid: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018

Tinubu and his wife are your parents if you live Lagos.

[img]https:///media/12-18-2018/048fXu.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by kestolove95(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Agbaje go and learn barbing, we will do u freedom

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by spencekat(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
One day,it will become a history.

5 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by MossadAgent: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Tinubu does not know this but what he did to MKO Abiola is about to come back and haunt him.

15 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by seunmohmoh(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
let which people go? people wey don dey reason abroad tay tay.

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Perfect response!!! Agbaje hits him right in the snotz.

Even Barney is tired of them.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by donnie(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
grin

Tinubu is a greedy man; he will rather that Nigeria is annihilated by Buhari/Jubril; instead of abandoning his stupid dream of becoming president. It will never happen

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by spencekat(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
bedspread:
Tinubu Emperor reign is close in Lagos....

Somehow someday it will be over
Surely,one day his grip on Lagos will expire.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by deboysben(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice one

Let's free lagos from the bondage of Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by festacman(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Politics is a game of number. Call Tinubu whatever name you like, as long as there are more people trusting his judgement in selection of governorship candidates, he will keep being the boss. For me, I trust Tinubu's judgement for now.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by mimee9(f): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
na really pharaoh let my people go

5 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by gurnam: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
Every step that Agbaje takes is always wrong

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by TreasuredGlory: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
The era of table shaking!

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by netpro(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Agbaje is contesting like JJC.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Lordofthewest(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
The approach this jimi agbaje is using is just making him look like a fool, he should be focusing on what he intends to do for Lagos rather than making it about tinubu.If the people see that you mean well and your intentions are genuine you will get votes instead he's going about stoking up ethnic politics and crying tinubu this tinubu that..he's playing politics foolishly with sentiments like our flatheaded brethren from the east always do and not as a proper Omoluabi.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by deboysben(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nice one

Let's free lagos from the bondage of Tinubu.

6 Likes

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by Omoluabi16(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lagosians are too deep into Tinubu's arse* to vote out the Apc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by hisexcellency34: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Conduct the election a million times, Agbaje can't win

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go by faithfull18(f): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lol, is it really Tinubu I think it's the people who have refused to go.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment / Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding / Rowdy Session As Buhari Arrives National Assembly To Present The 2019 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.