Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:55 PM

Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month (18585 Views)

More Buhari’s Ministers To Get Sirika Treatment – Newtelegraphng / Buhari Has Reduced Ministers To Abba Kyari’s Clerical Aides - PDP / Buhari Asks Ministers To Channel Meeting Requests Through Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by MurphyTheory99(m): 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2018
When this train is finished you can actually leave in Ibadan and work in ikeja or iju.
Just like in the U.S.
Apapa port will be drastically decongested.
Excellent project to reduce the pains of Nigerians.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Felixv: 12:38am On Dec 19, 2018
it's hard to accept that atiku and obj could not do this ---16yrs of stupendous wealth and nothing to show for it.....now some pigs are shouting aticulate..

thanks buhari -----I can now visit ibadan without the fear of that dreaded road....soonest.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by penultematee(m): 1:35am On Dec 19, 2018
Bubu,i cant love u less.the best president of the century and some children of hate will be blind to this massive infrastructure.tufiakwa

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Ngwamankillyou(m): 2:23am On Dec 19, 2018
I was thinking it's metro the type in Europe, even Morocco is laughing at all the foolish and illiterate comments above. What a third world tree climbers celebrated common outdated track from one dilapidated state to the other. Hopeless third world tree climbers.
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Vello(m): 3:38am On Dec 19, 2018
TheGreenLand:

God bless you for this good response bro.
I learn to ignore their hateful words full of bile most times, just the way the President does.
That kills them more.
Theirs is stupidity taken beyond limit. It's often best to ignore their bastardized, illiterate, foolish and despicable thoughts on Nairaland. However, there an appreciable level stupidity can be taken to or condoned for that matter. They wished him dead, God refused to grant their wish, they called him brain dead and he kept mum, they plotted against his administration, God disgraced them, the Saraki's national assembly hit his administration left, right and center, he's still holding up his head proudly, they called him bastard by claiming he's Jibril, he displayed exemplary leadership goodwill (which all Nigeria's past leaders lacked, Obj especially), his administration was frustrated by saraki, Nnamdi Clown entered the circus and some born throway lauds them both. Haba!!! wetin this man still suppose do wey him never do just for posterity?! Then some godforsaken brain dead idiots would come here and rant nonsense about this man I love wholeheartedly and I'm expected to keep quiet, to hell with Nairaland ban

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Ovamboland(m): 5:32am On Dec 19, 2018
theoldpretender:

No, I am not going for APC or PDP either.

I amgoing, as I have always gone...for a thrid party.

And the truth is, both APC or PDP have failed us. Up till now...our economy is so oil dependent, our power supply is weak, and we are not ready to take the economic decisions that, though initially harsh,might benefit us in the long run.

And why should I choose between APC and PDP that has an APC man in charge...that was singing the praises of APC yesterday, now PDP today...

Abeg...Sai Nigeria. Atiku nor Buhari,nor any of their predecessors are my masters. I am for Nigeria. I am for my countrymen. And it is sad that in 2019...my countrymen and women won't make a choice to end this PDP APC charade.

Sai Nigeria!

Good write up and display of huge optimism, but reality is either Buhari or Atiku by February next year. Where do you stand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Ahmeduana(m): 6:28am On Dec 19, 2018
If care is not taken this man go die, ride in an unfinished project, just to make a invalid statement!!!!
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by contigiency(m): 6:40am On Dec 19, 2018
sanpipita:

Lies can never overshadow the truth contract for these rail projects were signed by last govt https://www.railway-technology.com/projects/abuja-kaduna-rail-line/#3 I will challenge you to show where Buhari signed contract for these rail projects you claim he started.

So Signing a contract for a whole six years Jonathan Spent in the office is now an achievement to you? This is just like saying that a job offer letter was signed for you but you never get to do the job because one oga at top is feeding fat from the money that was supposed to be used and pay you. Can you after six years still count yourself lucky about the job that you eventually was not given? Be careful how you support evil so they don't become your potion.
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Ovamboland(m): 7:03am On Dec 19, 2018
sanpipita:

Only if you knew its PDP that started all these rail projects you talk abt, APC used to mock all these rail projects, where did buhari sign contracts for these projects if indeed he initiated them

The financing was signed on his trip to China, the one fayose claimed to have blocked when addressed a crowd at the bus stop. A pity we have so short memory.
The 15% counterpart fund was also paid by this government, and construction started 2017, how's that PDP project?
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by omonla10(m): 7:05am On Dec 19, 2018
TheGreenLand:

I love him morest then... grin cheesy grin
I love him morester

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2018
omonla10:
I love him morester
Hahaha cheesy grin
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by CoolAmbience(m): 7:08am On Dec 19, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Can you give us a link to show you're telling us nothing but the truth?

Aren't you a Nigerian? What stops you from visiting the project site. I do this a lot. You should do too.

What you posted makes you come across as intellectually lazy.
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by sanpipita(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2018
contigiency:

So Signing a contract for a whole six years Jonathan Spent in the office is now an achievement to you? This is just like saying that a job offer letter was signed for you but you never get to do the job because one oga at top is feeding fat from the money that was supposed to be used and pay you. Can you after six years still count yourself lucky about the job that you eventually was not given? Be careful how you support evil so they don't become your potion.

Lol Jonathan finished abj/kd rail before leaving, we dont need to lie about things are verifiable, rail projects are mostly max 4 years or more, all rail projects you see where signed by Jonathan, its good it's being continued but let's not lie.
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by sanpipita(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2018
Ovamboland:

The financing was signed on his trip to China, the one fayose claimed to have blocked when addressed a crowd at the bus stop. A pity we have so short memory.
The 15% counterpart fund was also paid by this government, and construction started 2017, how's that PDP project?

One thing about this govt is the lie to you alot, upto you to dig facts, it's well known APC mocked this rail projects, they called it locomotives, PDP made the railway reforms that's bearing fruits now they got China sign contracts to come work on our rails, pls use your Google and research don't be lazy to seek the truth, first counterpart fund for this rail was released by Jonathan

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/18/jonathan-approves-1-4billion-rail-project/
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by OSLinks(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2018
OS Links Event management is the application of project management to the creation and development of large-scale events such as Festivals, Conferences, Ceremonies, Weddings, formal parties, Concerts, or Conventions.

We are in the process of planning and coordinating your event. We are referred to as the eyes of EVENT PLANNING and our service can include Budgeting, Scheduling, Site selection, acquiring necessary permits, Coordinating Transportation and Parking, arranging for Speakers or Entertainers, arranging Decor, Event Security, Catering, Coordinating with third party vendors, and emergency plans. Our event is different in its nature and our process of planning & execution of each event differs on basis of type of event.

In addition, we also offer the service(s) of Interior and Exterior Decorations. You can E-mail us on: oslinksdeco@gmail.com
You can call or chat us on: 09029495480 or 08033102377

Welcome to OS LINKS!
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by alizma: 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
this is the real campaign, thank God I voted wisely by voting for Buhari in 2015. come 2019, I will vote Buhari again.
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Konquest: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2018
akelicious:
The ambitious Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge project is on the verge of coming to fruition as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is expected to embark on a train ride from Iju in Lagos to Abeokuta, Ogun state next month.

This emerged on Tuesday as the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, alongside members of the House of Representatives Committee on land transport embarked on a test-run drive from kilometre 41 to 73 within the Ogun state axis during the routine inspection of the project.

The team alongside journalists rode on two rail cars for over one hour which moved on some of the already laid tracks.

The 156- kilometre Lagos-Ibadan fast rail with extension to Nigeria’s premier port in Apapa is a three-year project but the contractor, the China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCECC) is being pressured to deliver the project in less than two years.

While there are some challenges over the right of way in the Lagos axis, work has progressed in Ogun state axis with the contractor working day and night in line with the government’s marching order.

An official of the CCECC told Akelicious that personnel have been deployed to work 24/7 in addition to the massive equipment and technologies mobilized to the sites.

Amaechi however lauded the performance of the contractor on the Ogun axis and charged them to speed up from Abeokuta to Ibadan, stressing that by the first week of January, the Vice President and some members of the Federal Executive Council would embark on train ride from Iju in Lagos to Abeokuta.

He said after that, a free ride for passengers on the axis would be declared for people living in the area.

The Managing Director of the NRC, Engr. Fidet Okhiria, disclosed that eight locomotives and wagons would be deployed for the free test-run service.

The excited Amaechi after the ride which almost extended to Abeokuta, said, “When we started, it was a huge forest. In fact, as we traversed this place, most places are no longer known to us if you remember. In fact there are now bridges in the little water we used to drive across. There are now valleys in the hills we used to climb. There are changes.

“We are gradually coming to the end of the project because we are six kilometres away from Abeokuta and I have been assured that we would be able to ride from Iju to Abeokuta at least by the first week in January.

“The idea is to bring the Vice President and some ministers to join us in the ride.

“When we do the ride, we will then allow passengers to use it up to Abeokuta. Our target is that by the end of the month, we should get to Ibadan by rail; then we can begin to put the pressure on them to build the stations.

“They are working on the stations but they are slow. But I have told them the emphasis should be on the tracks. In fact today, I will tell them to focus on one track to the end so that while we are using that one, you are building the second one. But as you are building the two, it is slowing down the construction period.”

The Chairman, House Committee on Land Transport, Rep. AbdulMumin Jibrin (APC, Kano) said the committee is impressed with the level of work done on the project, saying many Nigerians were not aware that a project of such magnitude was going on.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/osinbajo-ministers-to-ride-on-lagos.html
^^^^
^^^^
grin... Full steam ahead!
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Konquest: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2018
theoldpretender:

PDP did initiate, and complete the Kaduna-Abuja rail project...which had its first test run in the last few months of the GEJ regime.

Modified

APC and PDP fans...I am not part of your battle please.! angry

Anyway....PDP and APC played their part...see my quote downline.

^^^^
^^^^
You nearly got torn to shreds
in the shredding machine called
Nairaland...
grin grin
Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Konquest: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2018
theoldpretender:

Modified

APC and PDP fans...I am not part of your battle please.! angry

Anyway....PDP and APC played their part...see my quote downline.

^^^^
^^^^
You nearly got torn to SHREDS
on this thread? Nairaland...
grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Ministers To Ride On Lagos-ibadan Train Next Month by Konquest: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2018
Mynd44:
This is a bold statement. A very bold statement
^^^^
^^^^
@Mynd44

Well said... "BOLD ACTION" speaks louder than words.
This rail line project is the real deal... A very bold statement! grin

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwoolu Names Onikan Stadium After Mobolaji Johnson / BusinessDay Apologises For Fake News Against Osinbajo / 17 New Governors To Inherit N2.1tn, $1.9bn Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.