Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions (544 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / 12 Types Of Students You Meet In Night Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions by SIAGlobe(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
The Higher Institution Is Entirely A Different World Of Its Own, Where You Must Meet The Good, The Bad And The Ugly At Every Point In Time As Far As The Higher Institution Is Concerned. It’s A Cosmos Where Certain Traits Are Developed Through The Influence Of The Various Categories or Groups That Exist On Campus.

1. The File Carriers: A mere mentioning this you’d probably know who these guys are. They’re generally and officially called freshers in the higher institution. But we used to call them “fresh fish” or “jjc.” Every and anyone that got admission into the university for the first time passed through this stage. In our days we used to carry file from morning till evening, navigating from one office to another, signing course forms and authenticating receipts in order to be counted as a bonafide member of the school. It’s funny to also believe that some of us carried those files around in a bit to flaunt our studentship. And anyone that sees us would know we were “freshers”. Have you ever had such a feeling? Being in the higher institution for the first time? I know you did.

2. The “Gang” Freaks: Another or one of the 30 top categories of students in the higher institution is this group. If you are currently a student or done with school, you should be conversant with this guys. There is a specific set of students that habitually walk together, you’ll always see them. They can be two, three, four or thereabouts. But they will always walk together; reading, playing, eating, strolling, gisting, and so on. In this group, they relate more like siblings, very close and binding.

3. The Corporate Dressers: You’ll always find these guys either on a suit or shirt on trousers tucked in. This is one of the 30 top categories of students you’ll find in school. However, it’s more likely a departmental or faculty thing or a custom, where students belonging to specific departments are required to appear in that manner, such as the Faculty of Law and more likely Cultural and Religious Studies and History and International Studies. But even as at that, or beside that, there were and are students who appear like that. I had certain coursemates that were corporate dressers right from the time we started year one till we finished. And I wondered how they coped because I was not and still not a corporate freak until occasion demands.

4. The “Swagger” Dressers: You’ll never go through school without seeing this group. These guys are always on the go! They have a customized way of walking especially when “I get my swag on” is activated. Students in this category which is one of the 30 Top Categories of Students are always mad about the latest outfit, and the first place to display what they got is in school. The shoes, jeans, t-shirts, polos, fancy bags, chains, wrist watches, and all that expensive stuff. They have a dress-to-kill slogan so that “all eyes on me” will be achieved!

5. The Political Die-Hards/Analysts: When it comes to political analysis of certain political acts of politicians, this group holds the trophy. You’ll always find them lurking around under trees to shade them away from the sun, wiping off the sweats on their faces and jacking up the front end of their trousers and pose with full audacity to prove they’ve been “politicized.” Of course, you’ll mostly find 90 percent of these students in the Political Science Department. They’re always updated with news or information pertaining to politics, and when they assemble, arguments and brainstorming erupt. As one of the 30 Top Categories of Students, if you observe them closely, these students are not really that savvy when it comes to dressing; they’d prefer being casual in school, especially during political campaigns and election. But at political meetings where their godfathers would chair, they’ll appear with their best attire. Most of the time these guys appear to be the “political hallelujah boys” Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon opined. Another trait you’ll discover is that they brag a lot about their meeting with certain political fathers, and they’re always available at the students’ union meeting of their local government.

6. The Football Freaks/Analysts: How I got to know football updates were through this group. These guys will narrate football events or matches, analyze the formation, discuss the fixtures and predict scores. They’ll even tell you how the match would have ended. You will also find them in departmental football teams, playing in inter-departmental or inter-faculty competitions. After class the central topic of discussion is football.

7. The Flirts: These are the subtle ones who go for “them girls” in school, and they are also one of the 30 Top Categories of Students. Not for a relationship or a serious date but to just spark up a feeling and walk away. You’ll find these guys behind and in classrooms (at a far end corner), in the field, under trees, at the back of people’s cars and strolling with different kinds of girls…always around “babes”! You will even see some walking in the midst of six girls! One noticeable behavior in them is that they don’t come to school with many books, but just one exercise book to write lecture notes on all the courses available for a semester. Funny right?

8. The Slay Queens: Them girls with four inches eyelashes, lol! Five inches long nails, the Brazillian hair “fixers”, the Gucci bag, chain on left leg, three rings on right-hand fingers, makeup and kits in the bag and more make up these girls as one of the 30 top categories of students in the higher institution. They also move in a group, ” charming” every dude around the campus. Their sitting position in the class is the back seat. You don’t frequently see them in class but are always around some locations on campus. You can guess!

9. The Music Addicts: These guys are seen to always carry earphones around, either plugged in the ear or around the neck dangling on the chest. They can tell you the latest songs on the internet or trending in town. No too much time for boring lectures. Some of them that were my coursemates seldom came for lectures not to talk about coming to school. But if any music event is scheduled to hold on campus, they’d surely be there.

10. The Carefree Ones: We had a handful of them around in my department then. These guys don’t care about school updates, activities or anything on campus! They even seem to have been forced to come to school. But one thing about students in this category is that most of them are carefree but not careless about their studies in reality, in the sense that their notes are always complete and semester results good or at least the average!

11. The Scribes (Scholars): OMG! We had them a lot on campus; in almost all the departments in the Faculty of Arts and Law Faculty! They were and are regarded as the “Aristotle” of our time. One of the physical properties you’ll see around them is big books. Most of them carry a dictionary and encyclopedia just to prove a point. One important trait I discovered about these guys is 90 percent of them don’t read those books in the actual sense. And also they’re among the corporate dressers.

12. The ITKs (I Too Know): This is funny right? But this happens to be one of the 30 top categories of students on campus. They’re also known as the “front benchers.” Always in the front row to “impress” the lecturers during lectures. You don’t dare correct them or make mistakes about any academic discussion when they’re around. They know “everything”! 80 percent of questions thrown to the class are answered by these “geniuses.” But the truth is 70 percent of them score below the average.

13. The Critics/Gossipers: You don’t impress these guys easily on campus no matter how hard you try. They criticize about everything in school; school structure to fee increment, both fine and ugly students. Gossip about lecturers, co-students, people, things and so on campus. These guys have their special group, they don’t mingle around with “just any kind of group.”

14. The Lecturers’ Boys/Girls: As far as the higher institution is concerned, you’ll always see these guys hang around a lecturer immediately after class. They normally tag the lecturer, “my favorite” or “best lecturer in the department.” These students eat deeper into the lecturer’s life to the point of almost knowing everything about him or her. Some of the smart ones will turn themselves to his/her personal assistant; carry books for the lecturer before and after the class session.

15. The Late-To-Class Comers: These guys have the award of “The Best Late Comer.” they can’t explain why they come to class late, but will never change. You’ll see them late during classes, test, and even examination...CONTINUE READING [https://www.siaglobe.com/30-top-categories-of-students/]

Re: 30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions by Hahjascho(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
K,good and your blogging style ain't bad unlike those who only showcase 1/10 of their main write up.....
Re: 30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions by SIAGlobe(m): 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
Thanks, Hash! I appreciate your kind gesture!
Re: 30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions by Haryorbarmee: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: 30 Top Categories Of Students You Must Find In The Higher Institutions by slawomir: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
Isoright

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Good Term Paper / Is ROYGBIV Correct? / Breaking: ASUP Suspends It's Strike (full Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.