Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES (27088 Views)

The World's Top 9 Deadliest Snakes (Photos) / Amy account got hacked, I just retrieved it / Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:24am On Dec 19, 2018
Born2Breed:
What is wrong with the OP.

I can see 3 great Nigerian women on the list not two. It could even be more if you didn't rush to post this.

Her achievements were in the USA. The other two are Nigeria based and have built technology products/solutions in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Philistine(m): 6:32am On Dec 19, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Yea, imafidon family is the most intelligent family in UK or so. According to record sometimes. But I still see them as partly Yoruba-Edo people. Anyway, there is affinity between Yoruba, Edo and Delta, just like cross river and akwa-ibom.
U guys have started this rubbish affinity again, don't u guys have shame at all with all d embarrassment you receive daily from this people? SMH!
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Kemimarch16(f): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2018
What a man can do a woman can do it better
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

Oya take am..

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 19, 2018
Philistine:

U guys have started this rubbish affinity again, don't u guys have shame at all with all d embarrassment you receive daily from this people? SMH!
Embarrassment, as in? Na those who come here to diss themselves that one concern, me I no dey follow them do dia childish afonja flat head thing, except that one will just be forced once in a while on NL to reply some tribalistic bigots in a tribalistic way. Every tribe is my brother and sister. When one mix well in life, you will see that most of your best friends, helpers likely be from other tribe.

Anyone life and circumstance has mixed you with to relate with you and be helpful to you, same is your tribe and blood.

1 Like

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by ArmedRobber: 7:13am On Dec 19, 2018
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by dalass(f): 7:13am On Dec 19, 2018
Yorubas lead , others follow...naturally! cool

1 Like

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by mechanics(m): 8:05am On Dec 19, 2018
Congrats to them.
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Olumyco(m): 8:06am On Dec 19, 2018
ReeLoaDead:
Her achievements were in the USA. The other two are Nigeria based and have built technology products/solutions in Nigeria.

Yes but that does not mean She is not a Nigerian. We cant separate her origin from her present. She has a root. It simply tells us that Nigerians can shine anywhere in the World even among the Whites that many of us worship sometimes.
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by 9gerian: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2018
Very true!

Born2Breed:
What is wrong with the OP.

I can see 3 great Nigerian women on the list not two. It could even be more if you didn't rush to post this.

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Olumyco(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2018
IamPatriotic:

Her profile reads "United Kingdom" we already have two Yoruba names there whose profiles read "Nigeria"

It does not matter. She could as well has changed the name but she decided not to. She is a Nigerian and nothing can change that. That we have three Nigerians there in which two have their achievements in Nigeria and one in the UK have proved to the world that Nigerians are intelligent and smart. We do exploits both at home and abroad.
A Nigerian is a Nigerian whether he chooses to work at home or abroad.
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by 9gerian: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2018
They are super! shocked

Mayflowa:

That edo family is the most intelligent family in Britain
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Olumyco(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2018
shikshark:

i actually saw that too but the moment i saw united kingdon, i knew she must have dumped the nigerian flag

No She did not. People do that nau. People can nationalize. Some even have double citizenship
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 19, 2018
These are the kind of women I see as my role model, not DJ Cuppy and the rest..
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Olumyco(m): 8:24am On Dec 19, 2018
[quote author=mayprince post=73976501][/quote]

I want to ask you how do you identify a particular tribe, nation etc?

Reporting it "as it is" there are two Nigerians but in details and going deep there are three Nigerians there. When France won the World Cup did people not go deep to say Africans won the World Cup. Even a particular white president said that.

Its high time we blacks started proving to the World the stuffs we are made up of. The Whites dont report good things about us. They have used media to portray we Africans as nobody. So when things like this happens lets loud it and even go deep in analysing it.
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Olumyco(m): 8:33am On Dec 19, 2018
If I were the OP I could have simply put it to be 2 + 1 Nigerians Among 50 Top Women in Technology
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Horus(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1N1CKFXDGc

Amy Jadesimi, Nigeria's female oil tycoon

Amy Jadesimi is the managing director of LADOL, an oil and gas servicing company, based in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Xisnin(m): 10:56am On Dec 19, 2018
Olumyco:

Yes but that does not mean She is not a Nigerian. We cant separate her origin from her present. She has a root. It simply tells us that Nigerians can shine anywhere in the World even among the Whites that many of us worship sometimes.
She is a Nigerian anymore than Obama is a Kenyan.
Only 2 authentic Nigerians are on that list.

1 Like

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by Profayo: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
LWFashion:

As Igbo as I am, I love Yoruba to blazes! smiley

That's the spirit, no sense in saying onw ethnic group is better than the othee, intelligence, crime, love knows no race

1 Like

Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:33am On Dec 20, 2018
Olumyco:
I don’t believe this article has anything to do with race or ethnicity. It is simply bringing to focus the achievements of women in their various countries and hence why the OP only mentioned the two Nigerian women (and their achievements in Nigeria).
Re: Amy Jadesimi And Funke Opeke On 50 World's Top Women In Technology List - FORBES by jantofubu(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2018
Eponyeeboz:

Don't worry, your mummies in the potopoto region using mud to wash vegetables are the best.

One foolish goat successfully snubbed with pride cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Nkemdilim Begho, The Reason Why Every Woman Must Learn How To Code / Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. / Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.