Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. (27047 Views)

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! / 10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
Quick! who invented the theory of relativity?

You smirk and reel out his name. Albert Einstein of course. that . . . irrevocable Genius. well, no problem then.

Quick! who founded Quantum theory? hehehe. well, no. It's not einstein.

so, I thought i should just Talk about Five Scientists which i think deserve more attention than we're giving them now.

James Clerk maxwell.

This brilliant physicist derived the Maxwell equations. a set of equations that properly unify the entire behavior of electricity and magnetism. your computer, wires, and a host of other electrical and magnetic items work on the principles of the equations he derived. he is frequently listed as the third most influential physicist. and with good reason. you totally should know this guy. and if you can, Learn his equations!

Max Planck.

This was the guy who founded quantum mechanics. interestingly, when he wanted to study physics, he was told by the professor, "almost everything in this field has been discovered."
max later went on to derive the fact that energy is quantized. that it came in discreet packages. he has the planck constant named after him, and he made significant contributions to the study of the behavior of black bodies.

Gottfried Leibniz

This guy invented calculus independently of newton. he wrote several philosophical treatises on life and the universe. he also refined the binary counting system, worked on calculators and made several contributions to science. the notation, dy/dx was actually HIS work. not newton's.

Neil degrasse tyson

This man . . . is proof that skin means nothing. neil is a black astrophysicist, cosmologist, and science communicator. he is 57 years old. and he is the director of the Hayden planetarium in new york and he hosts several radio and tv shows, meant to sensitize the public to the mysteries and science. he is a well rounded individual and a really . . . really funny guy. you can follow him on twitter and you can also read his book, titled, death by black hole. especially if you're new to science.

Elon musk

musk is a very brilliant person. he is a physicist and an economist and the owner of a large business empire. he is a very rich man, and he is a self proclaimed engineer. which no one has ever dared to dispute. his notable works include paypal, and electric cars. he is the owner of tesla motors. a brand of cars that are electrical, hence help to reduce greenhouse emissions. he is ALSO the owner of SpaceX an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company. they make rockets and their chief aim is to make space travel cheap for us all in the nearest future.

http://www.gdevit.com/topic105/some-scientists-you-probably-don-t-know-but-probably-should-

Johnydon22, hahn, dekatron.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by geesilver(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
FTC!!! Make I join them. But I no wan join end time crew............ They are all genius.......this people's findings has been giving the world serious headache o. Many of them did not attend any formal school yet they are still called scientist, and our cambridge professor here has invent nothing.......our education system here is 500 years backward.

3 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by mrbyron(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
See Men! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Oblitz(m): 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
the real wise men

3 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Feraz(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Elon Musk - the man I try to emulate. Just love how he came up with SpaceX and Tesla Motors. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2015
Feraz:
Elon Musk - the man I try to emulate. Just love how he came up with SpaceX and Tesla Motors. cheesy
Elon musk is also my role model. researching him gave me a lot of insight on how to tackle the Nigerian problem.

Degrasse tyson is my behavioral role model. grin

1 Like

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by RobinHez(m): 1:59am On Dec 12, 2015
Awesome!
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Dekatron(m): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2015
I know them all- except Elon & I know he is the CEO, Tesla motors, but didn't know he is a scientist.

Where then, is Paul Dirac? Enrico Fermi & Sateynhandra Bosé (Indian) or whats his name? That did Einstein-Bose condensate with Einstein? People don't know him, yet he did ALOT!!

They are quite many

7 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2015
seems like a physicists list to me... or are physicists now the only scientists we've got?undecided

anyway, I'm inspired... gonna surpass them someday real soon

7 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by darkhorizon: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
Elon musk is also my role model. researching him gave me a lot of insight on how to tackle the Nigerian problem.

Degrasse tyson is my behavioral role model. grin
temapkguy,what did u say u want to study in University again?
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
darkhorizon:
temapkguy,what did u say u want to study in University again?
as of now, I have physics in mind.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
Preboy:
seems like a physicists list to me... or are physicists now the only scientists we've got?undecided

anyway, I'm inspired... gonna surpass them someday real soon
Yup it's definitely a physics list.
I'm going to make another list later. perhaps on computer science?

I already have john von nuemann and Alan turing in mind.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
No Alan Turing,Locke, Descartes, Sigmund freud, Alexa Canady Tsk, tsk, tsk, Teempakguy, Physicists are not the only scientists you knowgrin
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
SirWere:
No Alan Turing,Locke, Descartes, Sigmund freud, Alexa Canady Tsk, tsk, tsk, Teempakguy, Physicists are not the only scientists you knowgrin
grin

Okay fine. expect another list. tongue
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin

Okay fine. expect another list. tongue
Definitely!grincheesygrin

Lalasticlala, UJsizzle (The ghostly science mod ) and Seun, you can't keep placing the science and Tech section on the backfoot. Because I don't understand why Tonte dike's pimple makes FP and this one won't

Ban me if you will but let this thread hit FP.

4 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by uzeba(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
Dear parents, we know money doesn’t grow on trees, that’s why we are asking you for it.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by mrphysics(m): 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
Teempakguy we need lists of Nigerian bases scientists too. great work you are doing. you seem like a Ph.D student. I love your boldness. God's grace
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
mrphysics:
Teempakguy we need lists of Nigerian bases scientists too. great work you are doing. you seem like a Ph.D student. I love your boldness. God's grace
Thank you very much sir.

I'll see what I can do about that.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
Still not on FP?? Mods, what the Bleep??

Lalasticlala, food don ready Password: Tiwa Savagegringringrin
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Jamzig1(m): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2015
wonderful list... Elon musk is my favourite there
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Ladybfoods: 10:18am On Dec 13, 2015
nice thread
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Lalasticlala, dominique. sad
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by hahn(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
Teempakguy:

Password: Tonto Dike grin
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by anthonysean: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
nice trend
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by luwins(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Brilliant Minds
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by prof800(m): 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Abeg remove that black guy. Put him elsewhere, not where Planck and Maxwell are biko.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by mrphysics(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Teempakguy:

don't mind them. if its Tonto dike with idi Amin, it would have been infront page.

Have you read of Prof.A.O.E.Animalu?? Google about him. He did a great work and I suppose you are preparing a list on Nigerian scientists please do, we are waiting for it.

God's great grace 2016 sir.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by menix(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Rabbish if name like these ain't there..

Emeka O Emeka; discovered how to make money portraying as a government officials while he resides in a slum with his family in a face me I face you..

Dele Akindele; discovered u can make money with human blood, a renowned Ogboni..

Usman Dan Ali; discovered bone inside egg..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by brunofarad(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Maxwell's equations defines everything electromagnetism.

I still studied the equations and applications in school.

TEAM PHYSICS
#Smartmen

We are building a world class company.
Watch out for us in the NEWS sometime in the future.

¤••• FARAD CONTRACTORS NIGERIA •••¤
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by lasisi69(f): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
69 invented End time...

5 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by unbeat007(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Even after this thread one person is still missing. me, myself and l
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by RealAdewole(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
omawumi sadik

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Inventions By Kids. / Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead / Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.