Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba (15693 Views)

Properties To Let At Abule Egba, Beckley Estate, Ahmadiyya,obadeyi, Ijaye, Clem / Block Of 4nos 3bedrm Flat On Full Plot Of Land At Ekoro Road By Abule Egba Call / Clean Mini Flat And 2bedrm At Ekoro Road, Abule Egba Call Babs 08101662607 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by mozona(m): 6:53am On Dec 19, 2018
Hustling for the Xmas money.
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by SeunKelechi: 7:00am On Dec 19, 2018
dadebayo1:
Wow.. People should stay safe oo.. Last time it happened people got burnt oo.. Lots of smoked dead bodies on the road then..
Same Abule Egba again..
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:02am On Dec 19, 2018
johnp2:
what is your problem?

My problem? Don't you see what the country has turned in to?
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by omonla10(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2018
God really saved my younger bro.. It almost razed justrite abulegba sef. He had to pack his credentials and some belongings into the car and run for safety.. Luckily the fire stopped a few houses to his

1 Like

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by fkj950ax(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2018
UncletC:
Hope our fire service stations got revamped.
Not those ones that will be going to look for stream to fill their tanks when you put emergency call through to them...
Empty tanks syndrome

Can you stop this biased and non-fact driven analysis/comments.

An average fire engine holds 5000/7000 litres of water. The pump installed (let's assume) can pump 500litres/min per hose.
If the fire engine gets to a fire, pumps water at half of it's installed capacity. It will take it less than 20mins to USE UP ALL of the tanks.

If the fire isn't out in 20minutes, what do you advice they do? Come to your home to get water to fill up again?

The nearest available source is a stream/pond/river or canal where they reverse the pumps and suck water. Takes them 20mins to fill up.

Even in the abroad, where we use to castigate ourselves, they run out of water also, but they have fire hydrants to get more. We don't have fire hydrants in Nigeria.

The fire service dudes have to make alternative plans - stream!

3 Likes

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by whogatti: 7:32am On Dec 19, 2018
Sad.. .sad... Sad... I'm damn tired of this country.. Funny enough the perpetrators are long gone but it is the innocent ones that will be greatly affected... So many properties would have been destroyed by now and yet this people affected Ofcos would have been trying to manage the little they have to celebrate this yultide hoping for better new year, now this... This was how the pipeline was vandalized in 2006....why, why, why cry cry cry
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by chuksanambra: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2018
fkj950ax:

An average fire engine holds 5000/7000 litres of water. The pump installed (let's assume) can pump 500litres/min per hose.
If the fire engine gets to a fire, pumps water at half of it's installed capacity. It will take it less than 20mins to USE UP ALL of the tanks.

If the fire isn't out in 20minutes, what do you advice they do? Come to your home to get water to fill up again?

The nearest available source is a stream/pond/river or canal where they reverse the pumps and suck water. Takes them 20mins to fill up.

Even in the abroad, where we use to castigate ourselves, they run out of water also, but they have fire hydrants to get more. We don't have fire hydrants in Nigeria.

The person you're quoting is a local boy who has had zero taste of civilization apart from what he watches in TV.

Lagos has those types of fire trucks and also has fire hydrants. I guess he doesn't know what that as he only talks without thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by Ogaga87(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2018
Christmas hustle.,.. On top wetin self...
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by dadebayo1(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2018
SeunKelechi:

Same Abule Egba again..

Can remember what happened back then... Guess the pipelines passing through the residential area attracts the vandals.. Free oil ... Funny thing is the vandals would have siphoned and filled up the tankers they brought successfully and left while those around the area will be the victims while trying to also scoop free fuel
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by dadebayo1(m): 8:20am On Dec 19, 2018
omonla10:
God really saved my younger bro.. It almost razed justrite abulegba sef. He had to pack his credentials and some belongings into the car and run for safety.. Luckily the fire stopped a few houses to his

I sight Justrite Supermarket... God saved them oo... Investments . Anyway the building self is sitting around high tension pathway.. Eachtime i wonder how they got approval to erect the building there...
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by johnp2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
SouthWestBlood:

My problem? Don't you see what the country has turned in to?
sorry oh
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by UncletC: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
fkj950ax:

do you even understand my short comments?
you dull ooooo...
let me explain since you are dull.....
what I mean is; you get fire incident, you call fire service, instead you hear they don't have water in their tank, they probably will be looking for where to fill water...
should fire service truck tank be lying empty?
if you don't understand simple English, don't near my comment anymore...
was I asking you tank size?
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by UncletC: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ogaga87:
Christmas hustle.,.. On top wetin self...
you are a big dumb, do you know the situation of fire service stations in Nigeria?
they are mostly not funded, don't have equipment, 90% not ready when emergency calls come......mostly uses water mixture, so if you are claiming hydrant, I wonder if this one that happened was in Sambisa forest...
Mr I know too much, 99% of water stations in Nigeria uses water from tank... get sense small
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by Ogaga87(m): 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
UncletC:

you are a big dumb, do you know the situation of fire service stations in Nigeria?
they are mostly not funded, don't have equipment, 90% not ready when emergency calls come......mostly uses water mixture, so if you are claiming hydrant, I wonder if this one that happened was in Sambisa forest...
Mr I know too much, 99% of water stations in Nigeria uses water from tank... get sense small

You're welcome dude.. Thanks for calling me a dumb.. But before I lash out on you, I would like to educate you base on the INTERNATIONAL JACKASS that you are.. Christmas hustle--- was for the vandals as reported on the post and, WETIN SELF was why should they do what they did.. And without proper reasoning, you lost control of your foolish button and emptied over thirty thousand litres of foolishness that you've been saving since you were born at a blow..

Wow! No wonder your parents worked so hard on several occasions to swap you with a BATHROOM SLIPPERS at birth but nobody could accept you for such because they felt you were not worth more than a tissue paper.. Your foolishness is classless and beats anything that human history has ever had..

Please extend my greetings to your pitiable parents and family in general who have over these years survive the tsunami of your stupidity..

Merry Xmas in advance

1 Like

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by fkj950ax(m): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
UncletC:

you dull ooooo...
what I mean is; you get fire incident, you call fire service, instead you hear they don't have water in their tank, they probably will be looking for where to fill water...

You are in need of a lot of counseling. Because I don't know why you think insulting me makes you appear intelligent. This is a public forum for people to make intelligent discourse.

Can you provide, or do you have any documented evidence of fire truck lying empty with no water?
You are just repeating hearsays that has been passed down many years.
I have experienced fire in a home in Akute, and fire service from Lagos State came with two trucks to put it out. They didn't look for water in a stream. Akute is Ogun State.
Let's have your own evidence.

As regards English, I'd leave you to rewrite your comments with proper punctuation, capitalisation and all.
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by fkj950ax(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
UncletC:

you dull ooooo...

Mr. ITK

See report in circled area

Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by UncletC: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
fkj950ax:

Mr. ITK

See report in circled area
do you know the situation of
fire service stations in Nigeria?
they are mostly not funded, don't have
equipment, 90% not ready when emergency calls
come......mostly uses water mixture, so if you
are claiming hydrant, I wonder if this one that
happened was in Sambisa forest...
Mr I know too much, 99% of water stations in
Nigeria uses water from tank...
..,. ..... . ....so you simply don't understand the above comment? what has your circled area got to do with the comment I made..... reading and commenting out of point
Re: Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba by fkj950ax(m): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
UncletC:

do you know the situation of
fire service stations in Nigeria?
they are mostly not funded, don't have
equipment, 90% not ready when emergency calls
come......mostly uses water mixture, so if you
are claiming hydrant, I wonder if this one that
happened was in Sambisa forest...
Mr I know too much, 99% of water stations in
Nigeria uses water from tank...
..,. ..... . ....so you simply don't understand the above comment? what has your circled area got to do with the comment I made..... reading and commenting out of point

Can you read all my comments in this topic twice over, so you see my POV. You still don't get it.
All you have quoted can be dismissed with facts available online. They are just hearsays you have heard over the years and also repeating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord? / Construction of a simple 3 Bedroom Bungalow In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.