Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses (10261 Views)

Big Businesses That Started As Side Hustles / First African Sneaker Design Company Launches On Indiegogo(a Nigerian Start-up) / Nigerian Start-up Develops Anti-smuggling Solution For The Nigerian Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2018
SmartMindsFx:

That's why there are groups on facebook.
You can target your audience there (organically).

Running Facebook ads has its own tricks and once you get it right, you'll be amazed.

Facebook groups only good when you are running 1/2 niches. But many niche, Facebook page is the best just that it is expensive. With $50 buying likes on Facebook , you cant get more than 300 likes.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2018
FACEBOOK IS A THIEF. DONT JUSY BOTHER RUNNINHG ADS WITH MUCH MONEY ON FB. THEY WILL COLLEC UR MONEY,,BAN UR ACCT AND KICK UR ASS OUTTA FB
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by easynetsms(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2018
imagrg:
Realistic?
very realistic
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by mascot345: 8:28am On Dec 19, 2018
I have been having issues running adverts on facebook with my naira card, Gtbank naira credit card and zenith Bank naira card. Does it mean facebook doesn't accept it anymore more. Please I need help.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by mascot345: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2018
bamac:
If it happens that way then you are violating the policy, check and edit. If you cannot get where the error is, just chat with the customer rep and it will all be resolved within tiny minutes. I run adverts not just for myself but for organizations too and i know how it is.

Bro, please does facebook accept zenith Bank naira card or Gtbank naira card. They keep declining my card.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by bamac(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2018
mascot345:

Bro, please does facebook accept zenith Bank naira card or Gtbank naira card. They keep declining my card.
It is better you do it through facebook business where you will indicate your country's currency so that you can use any of our Banks ATM, else it will keep declining.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by bamac(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

Facebook groups only good when you are running 1/2 niches. But many niche, Facebook page is the best just that it is expensive. With $50 buying likes on Facebook , you cant get more than 300 likes.
You guys are making me to feel i am doing it differently.

This is the mistake many of us do that i will like to mention briefly. The Moment you buy page likes just know that your post will not get the required engagement. You are buying likes from people's that built their page on unrelated niche as yours and you are expecting those likes to react to your post when they don't even know how they liked it in the first place. They sell likes from foreign countries to you when your niche should have engaged more with people here in the country.

See, it is not about the amount of people on your page, the engagement matters. I don't have up to 50 likes on my business page, yet when i have deals with my clients i push their ads to whatever amount of people i want it to get to and they get the result. If i want to get large numbers of likes on the page i will rather boost the page and get the right likes.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2018
bamac:
You guys are making me to feel i am doing it differently.

This is the mistake many of us do that i will like to mention briefly. The Moment you buy page likes just know that your post will not get the required engagement. You are buying likes from people's that built their page on unrelated niche as yours and you are expecting those likes to react to your post when they don't even know how they liked it in the first place. They sell likes from foreign countries to you when your niche should have engaged more with people here in the country.

See, it is not about the amount of people on your page, the engagement matters. I don't have up to 50 likes on my business page, yet when i have deals with my clients i push their ads to whatever amount of people i want it to get to and they get the result. If i want to get large numbers of likes on the page i will rather boost the page and get the right likes.

I dont buy 3rd party likes cos most are not real human and also it could be any location in the world. I pay Facebook directly for targeted location but it is too expensive. Boosting a post is only good for business not for an ordinary post.
I run so many niche, politics, sports, motivational e.t.c
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Les: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:
Facebook been deceiving since 18ad.

Only 25% of posts are displayed to fans. Expecting you to promote to get more engangement. For some months now, I don't think its up to 15%.

Getting 2,000 organic likes on Facebook will take close to 1 year.

Facebook killing young talent ideas

this is one thing that makes me wanna slap Zuckerberg. Do they think it's everyone who has over $700?
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Maxcoded: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

Only 25% of posts are displayed to fans. Expecting you to promote to get more engangement. For some months now, I don't think its up to 15%.

Which will now force you to run a paid ad with them to get more engagements.... It's just pure business tactics
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2018
Les:
this is one thing that makes me wanna slap Zuckerberg. Do they think it's everyone who has over $700?

$50 cant get 400 likes..
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2018
Maxcoded:

Which will now force you to run a paid ad with them to get more engagements.... It's just pure business tactics

It is too expensive.
Mark really messed up
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Basiljoe: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2018
Olalekank:

You really see Mark being the richest of our time. The fact that he's doing all these doesn't guarantee that.

Don't forget that Jeff Bezoz is also there with his Amazon, introducing self driving deliveries using drones to cut out drivers (who are earning cash), investing into space travel and trying to run other things.

Bill Gates who also has a number of shares at Microsoft should also grow richer considering the fact that Microsoft market cap has been increasing three past weeks.

However, there are campaigns to stop the use of social media as it takes a lot of time as well as the privacy issues that has been cropping out lately.

It'd be a Little difficult for Mark Zuckerberg to be the richest if he keeps pitching his tents towards social media ONLY.
One word for you, OCULUS.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by SmartMindsFx: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

What if you are told there's a trick to get fb page likes for peanut.

*runs away*
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
SmartMindsFx:

What if you are told there's a trick to get fb page likes for peanut.

*runs away*

The likes are not real. They are mostly robot
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by SmartMindsFx: 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

The likes are not real. They are mostly robot

What if you are told the likes are 100% real?
When it comes down to internet, THE MORE YOU SEEK, THE MORE YOU ARE EMPOWERED
*runs away again*
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by helinues: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
SmartMindsFx:

What if you are told the likes are 100% real?
When it comes down to internet, THE MORE YOU SEEK, THE MORE YOU ARE EMPOWERED
*runs away again*

You are not talking to an internet noob bro.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by biggy26: 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

You just found out. You're right, fb isn't what it used to be. It's now a guzzler!
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by biggy26: 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

What you can also do is to keep sharing posts, when searches are made on FB, your post will appear. It's d trick I use.
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by SmartMindsFx: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
helinues:

You are not talking to an internet noob bro.

I never called you a noob sir.
I only said THE MORE YOU SEEK, THE MORE YOU LEARN dassol.

Sorry if my comment seem downgrading sir...
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by SkinnyNigga: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olalekank:
I don't have time to exchange words with you. It's rather better to ignore kids who think they have sense.
your mama
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Olalekank(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
your mama
E pain am

Go sleep
Tribalistic kids all around
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by SkinnyNigga: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
Olalekank:
E pain am
Go sleep Tribalistic kids all around
kid kid kid. don't you have any other thing to say ?? Yoruba fool
Re: Facebook Seeks To Help Nigerian Start-Ups Become Big Businesses by Olalekank(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
kid kid kid.
don't you have any other thing to say ??
Yoruba fool
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Give 10k Each To 3 Lucky Persons / Zenith Bank’s Aspire Music Festival Debuts In Lagos, Feautures Top Artistes / Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.