Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President (978 Views)

45-year Old Woman Arrested For Having Sex With Daughter’s 13-year Old Boyfriend / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President by dgdatong: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
Hi Guys.

I have been wondering if we could make a Nigerian president that is less than 45 years old at the polls of April 2011. Now I believe we can. Ask me; how? By passing messages to the so many members of this forum that are less than 45 years old. This will be a four year journey and which I believe will be a very fruitful one.

At the moment there is no candidates, no party name etc. Candidates will emerge based on the meaningful contributions of members of the forum. You may be one of our candidates. Just start posting those salient things that you think can pull out Nigeria from its slumber.

Join in let us create a president that is less than 45 and see if we could make a difference in our country.

Cheers.
Re: The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President by dgdatong: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2007
Well, I want to start by saying that we the younger generation have been complaining that it is the generation of the 'old men' that are failing us. we now have a forum that we can share ideas over the next four years and we can make a difference. We can actually select a president from this forum.

Tell us what plans you could have for our dear country. You may be the next Nigerian president. You may be the one to lead us to this success.

What about:

1. Social Security
2. What about energy
3. what about clean and portable water
4. what about job creation.
5. what about our economic interdependence

it is up to you guys. We have 4 years to go but the time will soon be done.
Re: The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President by Beline(f): 11:49am On Apr 20, 2007
Is it really a matter of age?
Re: The Making Of A 45 Year Old Nigerian President by dgdatong: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2007
Well. Hardly but not impossible. but as you can testify, every generation has a certain characteristic behavior. If someone grew up in the Kings palace, he has a tendency of not being able to differentiate between bread and cake. He may not know not everyone drinks bottled water. He may not know that not everyone can not afford three meals a day.

What am I saying? If the older guys lived in the times when the going was excellent, they will not understand what suffering is because the memory they have is not that of suffering.

I believe, from my discussions with average Nigerian's who are 45 or less, that they have suffered and will have a better understanding of solutions to the plight of Nigeria.

I may be wrong but let's try it.

(1) (Reply)

Election Rigging Pictures / First Telecommunications, Then Space Exploration And Now Banking / Niger Delta Militants Slaughter Innocent Lebanese Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.