Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) (26989 Views)

10 Pregnant Girls And Kids Rescued From Ogun Baby Factory (Photo) / Lagos Police Arrest Two Chinese Over Illegal E-waste Factory (photo) / I Produce Fake Wine Because My Master Refused To Settle Me – Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by reicherMan: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
The Lagos State Police Command on Wednesday says it has uncovered a factory where assorted fake wine and fruit juice were produced at Aboru area of Oke-Odo, Lagos.

The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Imohimin Edgal, told newsmen, when he visited the factory that the 48-year-old owner of the factory has been arrested.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria, who was on the commissioner of police entourage, observed that various assorted wine, fruit juice and empty bottles were recovered from the uncompleted one-storey building which doubles as factory and owner’s residence.

Edgal said that apart from wine products, several chemicals and reagent used for the manufacturing of the products were also recovered by the police.

He said samples of products recovered from the factory would be sent to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control for laboratory analysis.

Edgal said that the house had been sealed until the end of the investigation.

“This matter is an interesting case because it has to do with the health of Lagosians.

“On December 18, 2018, around 2pm, the command received credible information that there exist a fake wine/ brewery in an uncompleted one-storey building at Aboru area of Oke Odo, Lagos, where assorted wine and alcoholic beverages were being produced.

“Based on the information, I directed the Area Commander, Area P, Alagbado, to mobilise to the scene, search and seal off the factory.

“When the team arrived the scene, they executed a search warrant which enabled them to search and recover the following items: 4000 bottles of already produced, packed and labelled adulterated wine of different brands.

“10000 empty bottles, drums of different sizes and various chemicals and reagents used as raw materials and other tools used in the production of fake wine/ fruit drink,” he said

Edgal said further investigation revealed that the suspect, a secondary school dropout, had neither the requisite qualification nor licence to embark on such type of business.

He said that incidentally, the factory served as both production base and residence for the suspect, his wife and four children.

The suspect, in his defence, said he was still awaiting approval from NAFDAC to commence commercial production of the drinks.

He also denied that the drinks were fake, insisting that he produced them basically with local fruits.

“I am a creative minded person and all l do here is the production of fruit-based drinks. I have not started selling because I am yet to get approval from NAFDAC,” he said.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/police-arrest-owner-of-fake-wine.html

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by haywire07(m): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
I only see a police command that is trying to gain more feathers to their cap rather than reason with a hustler.

What makes the wine fake if I may ask? Because it does not have Nafdac number or because you saw ingredients you know nothing about

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Holumhidey(m): 7:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
lala no go carry dis post go front page oo.....
but if na post about anything relating to snake, be it snake venom, snake soup, or a man dat turned to snake. fiam! the post go don reach front page even before the person type finish.....
lala nd snake
5/6
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by ekestic1976(f): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
He must be a Kanuri man. They always stretch their luck with their hosts! Give them a yard, they contest your foot. Highly infallible they are, for they can never do any wrong. Anywhere they go, they develop even at the expense of their natural habitation. They are great merchant princes, with interests mostly in the white stuff and undergrade merchandise. The Kanuri are a special breed. They feel at home in any place, especially in holding facilities from Bangkok to China. Highly embittered people, hateful and hating always. No respect for their elders who they let other people worship as late nationalists. Many of them shall proceed to extended exile from March 2019 after the amiable President Muhammadu Buhari is inaugurated for a second term of four years, I dare say.

17 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by hemartins(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
An hustler has been busted
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Lucifer66(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
I wonder how many bottles the police stole before the arrest.
Thugs in uniform!
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Zico5(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
I'm 10000% sure the guy is from the other side of the Niger. That's the area of their creativity. These people have sent so many people to their early graves. Their penchant for quick money is second to none. May God continue to reveal their evil agenda.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Chiemela4sure(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
Noted
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by arabbunkum: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
Everything is fake in this country including the president Jubril.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
haywire07:
I only see a police command that is trying to gain more feathers to their cap rather than reason with a hustler.

What makes the whine fake if I may ask? Because it does not have Nafdac number or because you saw ingredients you know nothing about
You are sick

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by helinues: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
haywire07:

What makes the whine fake if I may ask? Because it does not have Nafdac number or because you saw ingredients you know nothing about

Na Dem dem

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by braveboy64(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
why is that I am suspecting this tribe from the..

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Taogbera: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
Men this is serious. Nigerians Sha Na wa oooooooo
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by faithfull18(f): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
Too bad, it's money over people's health and safety.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by omooba969(m): 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
The culprit is 48- year old Uju Daniel Ughanze, an indigene of Anambra state.

Why na my eastern brothers, you wan kill everybody ni? undecided

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/police-uncover-another-fake-wine-factory-in-lagos/amp/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by emmydoo12: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
Make sure you are alone before Watching this hot video please don't allow anyone catch you Watching it>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS5IgW7yWHI&itct=CA0QpDAYCyITCIfipv7rmt8CFcPAnAodoqoN7VIORW1teWRvbyBjb21lZHk%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en[/b]
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Unclesamo(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
please, I need a support to pay up a debt. please house , help out

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Jonadull: 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ipob

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by okwabayi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
I thank God. Fake drinks have given me more headaches than I remember. He should face the full brunt of the law.
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Denikayan: 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
Developing Lagos at all cost

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Unclesamo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2018
Unclesamo:
please, I need a support to pay up a debt. please house , help out
please house, seriously pleading
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
“I am a creative minded person and all l do here is the production of fruit-based drinks. I have not started selling because I am yet to get approval from NAFDAC,” he said

Creative person indeed grin

Creating all manner of diseases with his creativity.

A true developer indeed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
From fake drugs to fake wines.....we can only imagine how many people these bastartds have sent to the grave.
Animals!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Ufedolove: 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
haywire07:

What makes the wine fake if I may ask? Because it does not have Nafdac number or because you saw ingredients you know nothing about
Receive sense

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by Topmaike007(m): 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
okay
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by bebanky: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
ekestic1976:
He must be a Kanuri man. They always stretch their luck with their hosts! Give them a yard, they contest your foot. Highly infallible they are, for they can never do any wrong. Anywhere they go, they develop even at the expense of their natural habitation. They are great merchant princes, with interests mostly in the white stuff and undergrade merchandise. The Kanuri are a special breed. They feel at home in any place, especially in holding facilities from Bangkok to China. Highly embittered people, hateful and hating always. No respect for their elders who they let other people worship as late nationalists. Many of them shall proceed to extended exile from March 2019 after the amiable President Muhammadu Buhari is inaugurated for a second term of four years, I dare say.

You must be an IDIOT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by KingThreatzz: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Holumhidey:
lala no go carry dis post go front page oo.....
but if na post about anything relating to snake, be it snake venom, snake soup, or a man dat turned to snake. fiam! the post go don reach front page even before the person type finish.....
lala nd snake
5/6

The lesser of you. The better
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
haywire07:

[s]What makes the wine fake if I may ask? Because it does not have Nafdac number or because you saw ingredients you know nothing about[/s]

Ignorant people on this forum. You should have desisted from making a comment until you visited Mr Google

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by bebanky: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
tamethem:
“I am a creative minded person and all l do here is the production of fruit-based drinks. I have not started selling because I am yet to get approval from NAFDAC,” he said

Creative person indeed grin

Creating all manner of diseases with his creativity.

A true developer indeed.

See them...lazy minded folks.

That is how many SME's started before they regularized with the authorities.
This is what happens when your working capital is low.

Anochemical started same way in Ojo military cantonment in 1999 before he regularized with NAFDAC in 2003.
Today he is a multi-billionaire cream manufacturer.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) by MightySparrow: 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
Is he frustrated jew of nigerian descent?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Found Dead In A Dam In Benue State. Graphic Photo / Kidnappers Who Abducted 4-Year-Old Child Stoned To Death By Angry Mob. Photo / Missing Grandfather In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.