Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,099 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage (11545 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / NLC Rejects New Petrol Pump Price / NLC Rejects Hike In Petrol Price, Electricity Tariff As Protest Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by akelicious(m): 4:22am On Dec 20, 2018
The President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Ayuba Wabba, has reacted to a proposal by President Muhammadu Buhari to set up a technical committee to review the agreed N30,000 minimum wage, saying organised labour will not be a party to such an exercise.

Buhari had revealed the plan to constitute the proposed technical review committee while making the 2019 budget presentation at the National Assembly in Abuja

However, Wabba who spoke shortly after the budget presentation, insisted that as far as the labour movement was concerned, the issue of new minimum wage figure was settled by the tripartite committee, which concluded negotiations on the matter and submitted its report to the president.

“We cannot accept the use of any technical committee to look into the already agreed N30,000 minimum wage.

“The president promised to pass the report to lawmakers a week after it was presented to him. “Once the tripartite committee has met and agreed on an amount, no other committee can meet on the same issue,’’ Wabba said.

The NLC president said the organised labour is scheduled to meet next week to take a final decision on the issue.

On his part, the President of the United Labour Congress (ULC), Joe Ajaero, also kicked against the proposed technical committee.

He said the tripartite committee had considered the ability of the state governments to pay the N30,000 before agreeing on it.

“We (labour) have resolved to fight for the new minimum wage even after the upcoming general elections. There would be no retreat or surrender until workers receive the wage,” he said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/nlc-rejects-any-renegotiation-of-n30000.html

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by royalamour(m): 4:26am On Dec 20, 2018
grin I am seeking to buy a Facebook page of 100k + likes. Please treat as urgent. DM is open for business.
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by KehnnyCares(m): 4:34am On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by emmydoo12: 5:23am On Dec 20, 2018
lock your doors and windows make sure nobody Catch you Watching this hot video please >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInT3V_LLEg&itct=CA0QpDAYCyITCK3kg9rIrd8CFZDOVQodXJ0DdVIORW1teWRvbyBjb21lZHk%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by PassingShot(m): 5:24am On Dec 20, 2018
Please increase the minimum wage already. N30k is even too small but e better.

8 Likes

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by stano2(m): 5:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Mtchewwwww...
Fight for it now

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Josnac(m): 5:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Isn't this 30,000 actually small compared to the living conditions of people in Nigeria of late

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by yomsad(m): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2018
This country is bleeped.... govt will push this till after election... too sad
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by BeiFangLaye(m): 5:27am On Dec 20, 2018
They keep negotiating

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by israelmao(m): 5:29am On Dec 20, 2018
I am sorry for NLC.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by peter1994(m): 5:29am On Dec 20, 2018
Singing.... We no go gree o we no go gree

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Racoon(m): 5:42am On Dec 20, 2018
Another ponzi scam by the FG on Nigerian workers in the making.

4 Likes

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by rottennaija(m): 5:47am On Dec 20, 2018
I watched the budget presentation and only if I didn't hear correctly, that was not what the president said. He said his high power technical committee is to look I to the minimum wage and devise ways they can fund it without resorting to increase borrowing.

Below are his exact words;
“We have included the implementation for the National Minimum Wage. I will be sending a Bill to this National Assembly, on this.

“To avoid a system crisis on the Federal Government and states, it is important to device ways to ensure that its implementation does not lead to an increase in the level of borrowing.

“I am accordingly setting up a high-powered technical committee to advice on ways of funding an increase in the minimum wage and attendant wage adjustments without having to resort to additional borrowing.

“The work of the committee will be the basis of finance bill which will be submitted to the national assembly alongside the minimum wage bill.

So sometimes, I wonder if people actually listen well

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Yankee101: 5:47am On Dec 20, 2018
Let them pay or resign

No public official's salary has been renegotiated
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by helinues: 5:50am On Dec 20, 2018
Wicked and greedy leaders
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Ehins22(m): 5:51am On Dec 20, 2018
grin
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by WilliamsSteve: 6:04am On Dec 20, 2018
israelmao:
I am sorry for NLC.
why? are u sure u are okay. NLC is fighting 4 u to be paid well. u dey here dey post rubish.
u shud be sorry 4 ur self!

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by uwa244(m): 6:06am On Dec 20, 2018
rottennaija:
I watched the budget presentation and only I didn't hear correctly, that was not what the president said. He said his high power technical committee is to look I to the minimum wage and devise ways they can fund it without resorting to increase borrowing.

You are very Correct. I just listened to the audio report on radio, exactly what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:10am On Dec 20, 2018
NLC! I don't have confidence in these labour guys. Labour activism died in Nigeria a long time ago. The only Union with near credible leaders is ASUU.
Wahaba and co should go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by OhiOfIhima: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2018
There should be no any renegotiation of that 30k..... Whoever planning such inhumane attitude should be strike by d underworld thunder. Very heartless set of people..

I spit on their fuvking grave!

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by israelmao(m): 6:18am On Dec 20, 2018
WilliamsSteve:

why? are u sure u are okay. NLC is fighting 4 u to be paid well. u dey here dey post rubish.
u shud be sorry 4 ur self!
I said sorry to NLC because government that lack the will to implement meagre minimum wage compare to what is obtainable in most nations around the world is not in place yet.It's impolite to just restort to results at every slightest opportunity.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by yomalex(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2018
Na wa o
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Tycoon007(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2018
What is ur full name, my name is faithful, I can be useful nt only am youthful bt am also hopeful, fearful, careful e e e better be mindful for today is stressful.....Get ur daily job update on Whatssap free 07035077624
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Adayi1(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2018
rottennaija:
I watched the budget presentation and only if I didn't hear correctly, that was not what the president said. He said his high power technical committee is to look I to the minimum wage and devise ways they can fund it without resorting to increase borrowing.

I wonder how a man that can read but could not understand be a labour leader

1 Like

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by samabiodun: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2018
royalamour:
grin I am seeking to buy a Facebook page of 100k + likes. Please treat as urgent. DM is open for business.
available inbox me
Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by codedguy1(m): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2018
rottennaija:

Labour knows all these are delay tactics by the govt. Why is he still wanting to inaugurate a committee to look into how the minimum wage would be paid? Is it not something that should have been done since.

Buhari wants to leave the Nigerian workers, especially the civil servants confused about his implementation of the minimum wage so that they would still vote for him thinking that he would increase after the elections if he wins. But I tell you if buhari/Jubril wins the story will change.

That is when you will hear no work no pay and they no go even send whether nlc go on strike or not. They know how impoverished the people are and how many need to go to work to survive on a daily basis and will use it against them.

If Jubril/buhari wins, Nigerians go hear am.

Setting up a high powered technical committee to look into what he is supposed to have started implementing in January 2019 if he is sincere. Scam!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by Itzurboi(m): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2018
rottennaija:

Was a high power technical team set up when the legislators increased their salary... I tend to wonder how some of you have resort to allowing inhumane pratices in the society but keep mute probably because yourself and family ain't caught in this web of modern slavery.. How have you always thought about others, let your conscience be the judge if you think the presentation is not the usual propanganda... Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2018
Stupidity is your problem .Oga after election you can to strike 4 years APC will not give a shot !

Grab as much as you can now you have them by the balls

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate, FEC: Ex-Governors Call The Shot / World Bank Backs FG On Petrol Subsidy Removal / Muhammed Mahmoud: Nigeria Leading Globally In Yam, Cassava, Rice Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.