Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. (909 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by lonelydora: 5:40am On Dec 20, 2018
HAVING A CAREER VS HAVING A JOB

1. A career is a long term plan while
>A job is a short term plan.

2. A career is series of Arts leading to a goal(Master piece) while
>A job is series of activities leading to a result.

3. A career is beyond the work while
>A job is mostly about the work.

4. A career requires been compassionate while
>A job requires been competitive

5. A career set you on a success plan while
>A job set you a sustainance plan.

6. A career is always open to growth and opportunity while
>A job is scared of opportunities and claims to welcome growth.

I'm convinced with the right set of attitude and love for what you are doing or your work you can build a career that burns with passion and enthusiasm.

BrianWhite once said -
"it's not the days in your life, but the life in your days that counts".

Your career is YOUR LEGACY!!!

1forall and CrazyMan, Do you agree?

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by pocohantas(f): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2018
I agree with all your points.

A job to me, is something (legal) you engage in, just to pay the bills. You don't love it, but you also do not love poverty. So, you have to do it.

A career is what you want to grow in, you want to be grounded and a professional in that field or sector. So, all your moves are strategic, aimed towards achieving a goal.

Some people turned their jobs to a career. Like those engine guys wey find themselves inside bank. Some kept on collecting salary till they got dropped, some took relevant certifications and changed their calling grin.

Some careers turn into jobs too. When the reality is different from your expectations.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by Fkforyou(m): 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
pocohantas:

A job to me, is something (legal) you engage in, just to pay the bills. You don't love it, but you also do not love poverty. So, you have to do it.

A career is what you want to grow in, you want to be grounded and a professional in that field or sector. So, all your moves are strategic, aimed towards achieving a goal.

Some people turned their jobs to a career. Like those engine guys wey find themselves inside bank. Some kept on collecting salary till they got dropped, some took relevant certifications and changed their calling grin.

Some careers turn into jobs too. When the reality is different from your expectations.

I can relate.. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by lonelydora: 12:33am On Dec 21, 2018
pocohantas:

Exactly
Re: Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by nellyelitz(m): 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Happy birthday Pretty Dora!
Re: Are You Having A Career Or A Job? Difference Between A Career And A Job. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
The two are not mutually exclusive. You can have a plan towards a career and have a job as well. You can have a short term plan and work towards a long term plan as well.

(1) (Reply)

Nestlé: More Women In The Workplace Make Business Sense / Geologists Salary In Nigeria / Mercy Chinwo Has An Amazing Personality. See What I Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.