Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori (1090 Views)

I Have Total Confidence Osinbajo Will Succeed Buhari - Senator Kabiru Gaya / I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants / APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by nairavsdollars(f): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2018
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Senator Ighoyota Amori, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in Delta State, is the Political Adviser to the party’s National Chairman, Uche Secondus. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI in Abuja, he speaks on the 2019 general elections and developments in his state. Excerpts:

The 2019 presidential election is just some few weeks from now. What are the chances of your presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar against the incumbent, Muhammadu Buhari?

Since Atiku emerged as the presidential candidate of PDP, you can see the Atiku fever all over the country. Even the APC themselves have admitted that Atiku’s emergence is causing serious headaches for them. Atiku is someone who has been tested and found upright so there is nothing they can use against him. Even Prof. Itse Sagay said they want to nail Atiku but they still don’t have any evidence against him. The desire of APC members is that Atiku should be nailed and prosecuted but so far, they are unable to get any evidence against him. Right now they are still searching for evidences but they won’t find any. That tells you how desperate they are. They know Atiku is clean, he is an achiever, he has been successful both in private and public life and he has the electoral assets to win elections. Remember, this is not the first time Atiku will be contesting against Buhari. Both of them have subjected themselves to the electorates in the North before and Atiku was chosen over him. If you place both men side by side, Atiku is ahead of Buhari as far as electoral rating is concern. Atiku is a businessman, an educationist, a philanthropist. Buhari doesn’t have any of these qualities. Atiku has been tried both locally and internationally. Nobody van find any evidence against him. He has the wherewithal to win elections and he is loved across the length and breadth of this country. Buhari has limited himself to the core North and you can see that in his appointments. Atiku is not parochial. He is not a religious bigot and he is not dogmatic about anything unlike Buhari. In terms of acceptability, Atiku is far more acceptable to Nigerians than Buhari. So, I believe very strongly that Atiku has what it takes to win this election.

What is your assessment of President Buhari’s performance in the last three and half years?

Buhari has not done very well. All the promises he made are yet to be fulfilled. Is it the economy, security, healthcare, education or what? Where will you give Buhari a passmark? Only those who are members of his cabal will say he has performed creditably well. He has proven to be a very tribalistic leader and a religious bigot.

There is this allegation that some PDP governors are working for Buhari. What is your perspective on this?

There is no normal governor of PDP who will go and work for Buhari. Nobody wants to go back to Egypt. No right thinking governor of PDP will support Buhari or APC.

I believe more APC governors are working for Atiku underground while pretending to be on the side of Buhari. We know what we have passed through under him in the last three and half years so, no PDP governor will make that mistake of assisting Buhari to come to power. Even APC members are not happy under Buhari and that is why their mouths are closed, nobody is shouting ‘Sai Baba’ again unlike in 2015. They can’t just wait for his tenure to end.

How confident are you that INEC will conduct a free, fair election in 2019?

The whole world is watching INEC and its preparedness for the 2019 elections. The only confidence APC has in 2019 is INEC. They believe they have INEC on their side and that whether they campaign or not; whether they do election or not, INEC will declare results in their favour. So, APC is hoping that they will repeat what they did in Edo, Ekiti, Osun and what they did recently in Kwara where they used federal might to win the bye election. I can tell you that if they try that in 2019, it is either we have Nigeria or we don’t have it. That is why many of these prophets are predicting that there may be no Nigeria after 2019.

Many people were shocked that you failed to secure the PDP ticket for Delta Central. What really went wrong?

First, I want to thank God for all that happened. Whatever that has happened to a man is in a man’s interest. For me, I put in the best I can. To my supporters, my best was good enough but there are some conspirators who are very envious of me; people who have primordial hatred coming out to gang up against me.

These people are not interested in the chances of the party winning the senatorial election provided it is not Ighoyota Amori. Primary is not election. There are categories of people who are involved in primaries but who are not involved in election. In the primary, we are talking of people already arranged called delegates. They are not the electorates or the determinants of elections, they are just part of it.

When it comes to elections, it is serious business. The delegates system is not a true test of one’s popularity. So, I wish those who ganged up against me the best. For me, I know I have contributed my best to the success, survival of the PDP in Delta state. I did not join the party midway, we founded the party from the beginning. I know my contemporaries. I stood by them, I chested out for them, I supported them.

There is no person today in Delta PDP who I did not chest out for to become what he or she is. Just name the person: from governors, to senators, to House of Reps members, Commissioners, Assembly members right from 1999 that I have not supported wholeheartedly.

If in my time, they refuse to do that for me, it is between them and their God. That is why I have no regret. For me, I supported even their extended family. So, instead of being envious of me, I expected them to support me. So, if during my time of need they chose to be neutral or decided to work against me, time will soon tell.

If anybody tries to undermine me in the political equation of Delta state, they will get to know that I am not someone anybody can undermine. The consequences will just be too great for everybody. Because I believe that I am genuine, open and I have contributed my very best to the success of the party right from beginning. I have never left the party, I believe in the party and I took it as a religion.

Even when the party was standing on one foot, I came all out. My local government became the saviour of the PDP in Delta state. There is nobody in government today in Delta who can say that he has not enjoyed my support one way or the other from 1999 till date. If in spite of all these contributions, the payback for me is betrayal, envy and sabotage, time will tell.

What is your message to your supporters?

It is my wish that the electorates in Delta state continue to support the PDP. I am not in any doubt that PDP will win Delta state. PDP will also win Delta state for Atiku also. We may have one problems here and there because it is a contest, but to say that Governor Okowa and Atiku will not win Delta state is completely out of it. My message to my supporters is that we should put what has happened behind us and march forward. We still trying to meet to reflect on all that has happened so far and talk to our supporters on the way forward. No one should ever attempt to leave the PDP. PDP remains our party and there is no alternative to PDP in Delta and Nigeria. We are not decamping and we will not contest the election under another party.

https://www.independent.ng/atiku-is-more-acceptable-to-nigerians-than-buhari-amori/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by kalvoken(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Buhari is not even accepted anymore again. Never mind those on 30k payroll. Man must eat na

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by alizma: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2018
accepted by who? nothing this people won't say just to get money from Atiku

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Racoon(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2018
Since Atiku emerged as the presidential candidate of PDP, you can see the Atiku fever all over the country. Even the APC themselves have admitted that Atiku’s emergence is causing serious headaches for them. Atiku is someone who has been tested and found upright so there is nothing they can use against him.

Even Prof. Itse Sagay said they want to nail Atiku but they still don’t have any evidence against him. The desire of APC members is that Atiku should be nailed and prosecuted but so far, they are unable to get any evidence against him. Right now they are still searching for evidences but they won’t find any. That tells you how desperate they are.

They know Atiku is clean, he is an achiever, he has been successful both in private and public life and he has the electoral assets to win elections.

Remember, this is not the first time Atiku will be contesting against Buhari.Both of them have subjected themselves to the electorates in the North before and Atiku was chosen over him. If you place both men side by side, Atiku is ahead of Buhari as far as electoral rating is concern.

Atiku is a businessman, an educationist, a philanthropist. Buhari doesn’t have any of these qualities. Atiku has been tried both locally and internationally. Nobody van find any evidence against him.

He has the wherewithal to win elections and he is loved across the length and breadth of this country. Buhari has limited himself to the core North and you can see that in his appointments. Atiku is not parochial. He is not a religious bigot and he is not dogmatic about anything unlike Buhari.

In terms of acceptability, Atiku is far more acceptable to Nigerians than Buhari. So, I believe very strongly that Atiku has what it takes to win this election.

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2018
Lies
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Ibramamahi(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Are u sure

Check my signature for money ritual with blood or sacrifice
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Randy100: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2018
It is only an insane person that will accept Buhari. If you love violence, hunger, suffering and religion bigotism vote for Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by ashacot: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2018
EVEN SOME IPOB YOOT ARE NOW SUPPORTING BUHARI. OBIANO, UMAI ARE NOW SUPPORTING BABA BUHARI AND THIS ODE IS TALKING TRASH.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by IamD18: 8:10am On Dec 20, 2018
Randy100:
It is only an insane person that will accept Buhari. If you love violence, hunger, suffering and religion bigotism vote for Buhari.
You just described a certain set of region and religious fanatics in this country.

Trust me Bruv, na dem go vote a terrorist as a president.

The other set of cowards from skull mining region will also vote Buhari because they can't afford to turn back at their slave master, Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by roundman: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2018
See who's talking...ighoyota amori of all people..wonders shall never end.
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by helinues: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2018
Senator Amori ( We do not know)

No comments
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by KillTheZombies: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2018
You'll have to be a sick brainless, cursed, diseased zombie to choose a lifeless, bloodthirsty, murderous, tribalistic, religiously bigoted illiterate like dumbohari over a detribalized Atiku who has over 86% of his employees and acquaintances from other parts of the country.

One cursed illiterate zombie up there claims 'Nnamdi kanu and ipob yoot' now love dumbohari. The same KANU that have made life difficult for lifeless jibrin. grin
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Flatheadpig: 8:23am On Dec 20, 2018
Senator Amori thunder Lee you there,what kind of rubbish is this?Do you take us all for Ipob fool?
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Pastorlarry: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2018
Yes ooooo atiku always accepted and winning on Nairaland and newspaper but pmb winning landslide in real life.Edo,ondo,ekiti,osun,bye elections in kwara,kastina and bauchi are lessons to wailing wailers
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by docadams: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2018
OP, correct the title. Amori is not a senator
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by tuniski: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2018
Pastorlarry:
Yes ooooo atiku always accepted and winning on Nairaland and newspaper but pmb winning landslide in real life.Edo,ondo,ekiti,osun,bye elections in kwara,kastina and bauchi are lessons to wailing wailers
Those ain't buhari's elections. His will be February 16th.
Yesterday buhari got a preview of 2019 at The NASS!
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by onubijoe(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2018
Obiano is supporting PMB to scatter the structure built by his predecessor and he will suffer for that

ashacot:
EVEN SOME IPOB YOOT ARE NOW SUPPORTING BUHARI. OBIANO, UMAI ARE NOW SUPPORTING BABA BUHARI AND THIS ODE IS TALKING TRASH.
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by onubijoe(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2018

Pastorlarry:

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Godblesspmb: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Hahahaha even your fellow ipob will not agree with you. February is not far, by then u will realize that the name: BUHARI is a movement.
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Kenekingisback: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Amazing
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
We will see at the polls. Even Me too will collect Atiku free dollar by saying what he wants to hear when I don't mean it and know it is not true.
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by GarriKoro(m): 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
KillTheZombies:
You'll have to be a sick brainless, cursed, diseased zombie to choose a lifeless, bloodthirsty, murderous, tribalistic, religiously bigoted illiterate like dumbohari over a detribalized Atiku who has over 86% of his employees and acquaintances from other parts of the country.

One cursed illiterate zombie up there claims 'Nnamdi kanu and ipob yoot' now love dumbohari. The same KANU that have made life difficult for lifeless jibrin. grin
Nnamdi Kanu could only make noise because Buhari was lying on a sick bed in a London hospital. Buhari returned on a Friday, issued a warning on Sunday and by Tuesday Nnamdi Kanu was on his heels running for his dear life. Now tell me who's life is more difficult between the two
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by KillTheZombies: 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
GarriKoro:
[s]Nnamdi Kanu could only make noise because Buhari was lying on a sick bed in a London hospital. Buhari returned on a Friday, issued a warning on Sunday and by Tuesday Nnamdi Kanu was on his heels running for his dear life. Now tell me who's life is more difficult between the two[/s]

Tales of zombieland, dumbohari have been running helter-skelter trying to prove he is not jibril while KANU and IPOB keeps kicking his flat nyash in the media arena. I hear the dumb illiterate has his radio tuned to RadioBiafra 24/7, always afraid of another expose from Kanu and IPOB. Why the dullard run from national assembly, him no want make dino start fight come remove him cap. grin

Him never 'chim chom chin'.

1 Share

Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by GarriKoro(m): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
KillTheZombies:

Tales of zombieland, dumbohari have been running helter-skelter trying to prove he is not jibril while KANU and IPOB keeps kicking his flat nyash in the media arena. I hear the dumb illiterate has his radio tuned to RadioBiafra 24/7, always afraid of another expose from Kanu and IPOB. Why the dullard run from national assembly, him no want make dino start fight come remove him cap. grin

Him never 'chim chom chin'.

While he keeps kicking yours with bullets on the streets. It's all good grin
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by techking: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
wink Thats warram tlking abt bby
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by python2gbera: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
Atiku is only acceptable to pigs and idiots.

-python2
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Blackfire(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
Click like for Atiku ...

Click share for buhari...
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by jude79(m): 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
ashacot:

Ur right, the governors u mentioned are buhari's closet supporters. but they can't reveal it to their enlightened populace. straange‼ seem they are being blackmailed with lots of skeleton in their cupboard. as for the ipob youth, forget, it's an impossiblity.
Re: Atiku Is More Acceptable To Nigerians Than Buhari –Senator Amori by Flatheadpig: 1:52am On Apr 23, 2019
grin

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why Atiku Will Lose In 2019- / Cjn's Suspension: Where Is Vp Osinbajo Standing? / Does It Look Like The National Elections Are Holding Next Month???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.