Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High (29633 Views)

Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / EUROPE IN CRISIS: Anti-lockdown Protesters Clash With Cops (Pics, Video) / Noah Harris: Harvard Elects Black Man As Student Body President For First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by Kendrick80(m): 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
kiddoiLL:
THUG: The hate you give.... If you know you know.. One of the most powerful books and movie written and made in how blacks get treated.
If you haven't seen the movie, you should, came out around Oct
The hate u give little infants bleeps every1 (THUGLIFE)- 2pac
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by KillTheZombies: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
State of Ohio is filled with redneck racists.
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by StevenOba: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
jayfolarin:

You sound like an intelligent person and your first paragraph says where it all went and still goes wrong... SOCIETY! That being said, there are no subconscious biases or prejudices that excuse racists and their behaviours. While society and certain upbringings may have instilled shitty behaviours in some, it is their responsibility and theirs alone to deal badly with others from such prejudiced positions.

There is no such thing as ignorantly being racist towards others. Thoughts might run through your head like you stated but it's left to you and only you to act on this thoughts towards others.

I deal and meet with people from different all over the world fairly regularly. I am even married to someone from a different continent and with a different religion. If I worked with prejudices that may have consciously or unconsciously been planted in my mind, this probably won't be the case. Notice how I didn't use the word 'race' there?

My point is, recent history of humans have been nothing short of disheartening but this doesn't excuse shitty people acting like shiit. Do not excuse their behaviour, DONT. Tolerating and accepting behaviours such as the one above has led and still leads to so many lost and destroyed lives.

Watch 'the birth of a nation' and you'd get an idea of the gritty horrors our forefathers had to go through in the hands of wicked and horrible racists and maybe you'd see why black Americans just can't fold their hands in complacency to acts such as the above.

Honestly, I totally agree with you. I am not going to counter what you just said because you nailed it. I wouldn't claim to know how it actually feels to be profiled racially as I have never lived in the western world, though I have been to some African countries and I have experienced such similar bias because I'm Nigerian. My assertion though purely academical, just points to the fact that racism, tribalism or any form of prejudice stem from how social environment play a role in shaping how one learns about race.

In this sense, my response builds on existing scholarship on how children develop understandings about race and racism in the context of family, place, early school experiences,elementary and secondary schools, and even religious houses

But not to sound all gloom. I believe all hope is not loss though, this new generation hold more open-minded and tolerant viewpoints on race than previous generations and I know it can only get better. And yes, no form of prejudice should be tolerated.

I'll be sure to check out 'The birth of Nation' reading through the synopsis. I know its going to be an interesting and enlightening watch.

Sending out love and light to you.

2 Likes

Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by kiddoiLL(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
Orpe7:

Makes mad sense. Thou the mumu boy caused his death.
U wan comb when officer say hands on the car ode!
Lol...the boy sha I don't completely blame him. He died cuz of his sense of innocence, he actually believed nothing would happen since he was clean
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by Binchim(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
kiddoiLL:
THUG: The hate you give.... If you know you know.. One of the most powerful books and movie written and made in how blacks get treated.

Sounds like a Tupac initiative.

T the
H hate
U u
G give
L little
I infants
F bleeps.
E everybody...
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by jceaglewatch(m): 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Wetin naija boys don cause too many sha grin grin grin cheesy
I dey tell you bros.
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by nextstep(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
koyyes:
Dress the way you want to be addressed.

OK sir... let's hope black people remember to put on their white face mask and white wig before heading to the bank.

I'm counting his blessings for him that this didn't end in death, the way cops in US treat black men.
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by colbankz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Wetin naija boys don cause too many sha grin grin grin cheesy
stop saying naija boys all the time go and Google search top 10 countries involved in cyber crime the u gon find out that USA has the highest cyber crime rate and they are only after creating a bad image for naija...
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by StTrump: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by StTrump: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
This is racial BS
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by swedbase(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
Valerie47:
Its true sha, my skin is fresh, that is what people say, but what do I know.

Can we see your skin?
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 21, 2018
StevenOba:

Honestly, I totally agree with you. I am not going to counter what you just said because you nailed it. I wouldn't claim to know how it actually feels to be profiled racially as I have never lived in the western world, though I have been to some African countries and I have experienced such similar bias because I'm Nigerian. My assertion though purely academical, just points to the fact that racism, tribalism or any form of prejudice stem from how social environment play a role in shaping how one learns about race.

In this sense, my response builds on existing scholarship on how children develop understandings about race and racism in the context of family, place, early school experiences,elementary and secondary schools, and even religious houses

But not to sound all gloom. I believe all hope is not loss though, this new generation hold more open-minded and tolerant viewpoints on race than previous generations and I know it can only get better. And yes, no form of prejudice should be tolerated.

I'll be sure to check out 'The birth of Nation' reading through the synopsis. I know its going to be an interesting and enlightening watch.

Sending out love and light to you.

Sending love and light right back at ya! smiley
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by numen(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2018
@StevenOba and @jayfolarin

It's not everyday you come into Nairaland that you'll be opportune to witness the level of intellect and maturity displaced by the two of you.

I want to personally acknowledge the two of you and thank you for making my day brighter!

Stay blessed peeps.

1 Like

Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by ponti93(m): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Boys don too throw bad check give client..e don dey affect everybdy n cos he is black cry
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by tck2000(m): 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
kiddoiLL:
yeah
Re: US Bank Calls Cops On Black Man Because They Thought His Paycheck Was Too High by siverspooon(m): 5:20am On Sep 15, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Any link to download the movie?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario / 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics / Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.