Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC (29640 Views)

Kakwenza: Ugandan Journalist & Govt Critic Flees Country after torture (Graphic) / Russia's President Putin Exposed To Coronavirus - BBC / Court Rules British MI5 Agents Can Murder, Kidnap And Torture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by obedience4(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2023
A year-long BBC investigation has uncovered a sadistic global monkey torture ring stretching from Indonesia to the United States.

The World Service found hundreds of customers in the US, UK and elsewhere paying Indonesians to torture and kill baby long-tailed macaques on film.

The torture ring began life on YouTube, before moving to private groups on the encrypted messaging app Telegram.

Police are now pursuing the buyers and several arrests have already been made.

Warning: This article contains disturbing content

BBC journalists went undercover in one of the main Telegram torture groups, where hundreds of people gathered to come up with extreme torture ideas and commission people in Indonesia and other Asian countries to carry them out. The sadists' goal was to create bespoke films in which baby long-tailed macaque monkeys were abused, tortured and sometimes then killed on film.

The BBC tracked down both the torturers in Indonesia, and distributors and buyers in the US, and gained access to an international law enforcement effort to bring them to justice.
At least 20 people are now under investigation globally, including three women living in the UK who were arrested by police last year and released under investigation, and one man in the US state of Oregon who was indicted last week.

Mike McCartney, a key video distributor in the US known by his screen name, "The Torture King", agreed to speak to the BBC - and described the moment he joined his first Telegram monkey torture group.
"They had a poll set up," McCartney said. "Do you want a hammer involved? Do you want pliers involved? Do you want a screwdriver?" The resulting video was "the most grotesque thing I have ever seen," he said.

McCartney, a former motorcycle gang member who spent time in prison before entering the monkey torture world, ended up running several Telegram groups in which hardcore torture enthusiasts distributed videos.
"It's no different than drug money," he said. "Drug money comes from dirty hands, this money comes from bloody hands."

The BBC also identified two other key suspects who are now being investigated by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - Stacey Storey, a grandmother in her 40s from Alabama who was known in the community as "Sadistic", and a ringleader known as "Mr Ape" - whose real name we cannot reveal for safety reasons.

"Mr Ape" confessed in an interview with the BBC that he had been responsible for the deaths of at least four monkeys and the torture of many more. He had commissioned "extremely brutal" videos, he said.

Storey's phone was seized by Department of Homeland Security agents, who found nearly 100 torture videos, as well as evidence that she had paid for the creation of some of the most extreme videos produced

According to police sources, Storey was active in a torture group as recently as earlier this month. Approached by the BBC in Alabama in January, Storey claimed that she had been hacked and declined to comment on the allegations in detail.

Mr Ape", Stacey Storey and Mike McCartney are three of five key targets in the ongoing Homeland Security investigation. They have yet to be charged, but could face up to seven years in prison if prosecuted based on evidence gathered by the DHS.

Special Agent Paul Wolpert, who is leading the DHS investigation, said everyone involved from law enforcement had been deeply shocked by the nature of the alleged crimes.

"I don't know if anybody would ever be ready for a crime like this," he said. "The same with the attorneys and the juries, and anybody who reads that this is going on. It is going to be a shocker I think."

Anybody involved in buying or distributing the monkey torture videos should "expect a knock on the door at some point", Agent Wolpert said. "You are not going to get away with it."
Police in Indonesia have arrested two torture suspects. Asep Yadi Nurul Hikmah was charged with animal torture and the sale of a protected species, and sentenced to three years in prison. M Ajis Rasjana was sentenced to eight months - the maximum sentence available for torturing an animal.

Monkey torture videos are still easily accessible on Telegram and now Facebook, where the BBC recently found dozens of groups sharing extreme content, some with more than 1,000 members.

"We've seen an escalation in this extreme, graphic content, which used to be hidden but is now circulating openly on platforms like Facebook," said Sarah Kite, co-founder of animal charity Action for Primates.
Facebook told the BBC it had removed the groups we brought to the company's attention. "We don't allow the promotion of animal abuse on our platforms and we remove this content when we become aware of it, like we did in this case," a spokesperson said.

Ms Kite also called for UK laws to be updated to make it easier to prosecute individuals who pay for torture videos to be made. "If someone is proactively involved in inflicting that pain by paying for it and providing a list of things they want done to the animal, there should be stronger laws to hold them to account," she said.

YouTube told the BBC in a statement that animal abuse had "no place" on the platform and the company was "working hard to quickly remove violative content".

"Just this year alone, we've removed hundreds of thousands of videos and terminated thousands of channels for violating our violent and graphic policies," the statement said.
Telegram said it was "committed to protecting user privacy and human rights such as freedom of speech", adding that its moderators "cannot proactively patrol private groups".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-65951188

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by crestedaguiyi: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2023
sad sad sad

Nigerians go through worst form of torture in the hand of the police, BBC did'nt hear of it, its monkey torture they are headlining.

The british empire an a whole has no moral compass to talk about torture in view of what africans went through and still going through in their hand. All stolen fund from here end up in britain, we only hear of it when the sharing formula becomes an issue because they always gun for the lion share

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by lhordspy: 9:31am On Jun 20, 2023
Lot of sadists everywhere. I dont think every human are actually human. Some people are just monsters with human flesh as cover.

People pay to watch others, torture and kill monkeys, in the the brutal way, they themselves invented from their sadistic, barbarous, vicious, inhumane bloody imagination.

Monkeys are like human, they acts and react to pain like human. So it more like these demonic inhuman people will actually sit down, create the brutal way for humans to die, and pay people to carry them out on monkey; all for pleasure.

And instead of finding solution to the extreme state of the mental health of their people. The foreign western government are busy introducing, encouraging LGBTQ to add to their problem.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by obedience4(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
sad sad sad

Nigerians go through worst form of torture in the hand of the police, BBC did'nt hear of it, its monkey torture they are headlining.

The british empire an a whole has no moral compass to talk about torture in view of what africans went through and still going through in their hand. All stolen fund from here end up in britain, we only hear of it when the sharing formula becomes an issue because they always gun for the lion share

Oga, are you waiting for BBC to highlight your problems.
Africa problem are for Africans to solve
So if the BBC were to write a piece about the banditry in Nigeria, will that make the problem go away..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by EmmaLege: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
🙄
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
.....hundreds of people gathered to come up with extreme torture ideas and commission people in Indonesia and other Asian countries to carry them out.
The[b] sadists' goal was[/b] to create bespoke films in which baby long-tailed macaque monkeys were abused, tortured and sometimes then killed on film.
This is sad to read.
Calling some people animals is an insult to the animal kingdom.

VeeVeeMyLuv:
if you look at the situation critically it is no different from the chicken, cattle man kill for meat, food.

Every other day man goes to market to buy cut portion of goat, ram, beef meat.
VeeVee Our Love,
Your assertion is different from our views.
What do you mean by it is not different from killing chickens or cows to eat?
(chicken, cattle man kill for meat, food. )
What you listed, man kill and EAT!
But these innocent monkeys were tortured, killed and discarded (thrown away or buried)

Dybala11:

It is different sir, have you seen any of those people breaking the legs of those animals or doing horrible things to the animals while they're still alive?? I'm not even a Muslim and I understand this cos it's not rocket science.
Thanks for pointing this out to VeeVeeMyLuv also.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by smokeyupu(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
cheesy tell me
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by atobs4real(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
European Monkey

1 Like

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Baboon, they live in the Zoo

1 Like

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
undecided
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Gangster1ms: 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Some people just enjoy seeing certain creatures in pain, to some it's women, to some it's children, to some it's monkeys.
Mental Illness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Infobase101: 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Of all our problems in Nija....!

1 Like

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by dyera(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Using baby monkeys as an outlet for their sadistic nature is very bad, but it is still better than using human babies.

Kingsize4eva:
9ja own na human being

9ja politicians love to watch the masses suffer.

1 Like

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by VeryWickedMan: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Bushmeat is important but the sadistic torture of Black humans is okay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Vokallond1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
According to the Nairaland Classification model i built, this news is incorrectly placed in the FOREIGN AFFAIRS category instead of CRIME. Although it is easy to see how it could also be categorized as 'foreign affairs' news, but this prediction is based on the training data i used which is hundreds of thousands of nairaland frontpage articles.

I plan will create a thread describing in detail the method i used to build this A.I model, give me a follow and stay tuned. My name is Timothy

4 Likes

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by chukkystar(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
They do pay too for Torture of Humans on the DarkWeb. Heart of Man is something else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by dalaman: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Oyibo and mad festish na 5 and 6.

2 Likes

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by AntiChristian: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Village people!

Dm no even fit spare animal?
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by inoki247: 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Different werey dey this World..

Na horrible things dey give some people orgasm...

May we not jam wetin pass out power....

Anything apart from Monkey tail we no know m here....
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Hambivert: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
This exposé on Monkey torture is a reflection of the minds of humans, and largely descendants of those who made vast fortunes shipping slaves across continental borders. It also is a tip of the iceberg of what enslaved Africans suffered in the hands of the colonialists...but it's best we don't revisit that issue (Africans encouraged the savage act too).
However, the notion that Black Africans are monkeys is a lie and a derogatory remark, but if you aren't an African, and you observe the way African leaders and other world leaders treat Africans, you may begin to side the view of the derogatory statement... because no western population would endure what Buhari made Nigerians endure for 8 years without disrupting the system, except they are full of monkeys

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Kingsize4eva(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
9ja own na human being
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by AmadeGTG: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by aurorae1: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
sad sad sad

This issue of whataboutism is a terrible plague on a lot of Nigerian minds I see... There's no topic without highlighting another not necessarily detrimental to the other...

Oga two issues can exist independent of each other...
African problems are for us to solve.
It's 2023. Our presidents are borrowing more in a world that has never been freer, further (financially) enslaving further generations, others have moved to a point where torturing other higher forms of life make the headline...

Choose your poison.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
undecided

BBC should come and do a documentary on the shithole and her citizens who are lab rats in the hands of their thieving politicians...

People are dying everyday in droves since May 29 in the poverty capital of the world..

yet the BBc are more concerned amount ill treatment of monkeys

3 Likes

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by ComeToJesus: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
crestedaguiyi:
sad sad sad

Can you just shut the eff up

Torture meted out to a group that are voiceless and that meted out to those that can speak out, which one needs more amplification?

Do you think the what the whole world does is to wake up and think about what's happening in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by Showmix(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
grin
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by tuzle(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Vokallond1:
According to the Nairaland Classification model i built, this news is incorrectly placed in the FOREIGN AFFAIRS category instead of CRIME. Although it is easy to see how it could also be categorized as 'foreign affairs' news, but this prediction is based on the training data i used which is hundreds of thousands of nairaland frontpage articles.

I plan will create a thread describing in detail the method i used to build this A.I model, give me a follow and stay tuned. My name is Timothy
omo howfar, u Sabi do this machine learning stuff very well. I get final year project and I need some guidance
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by BItt: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Vokallond1:

i marvel when i see intelligence
Re: Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC by ComeToJesus: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
This is the kind of cause that I can donate to.

A society that knows its onion is measured by its capacity to stand up for the weak, the voiceless and the powerless.

I'll follow up with this and provide moral and whatever support I can muster to see that those societal rejects end up in jail.

This planet is for all. Humans alone don't own this planet. Biodiversity creates equilibrium and adorable plurality.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putin Signs Law Mandating Twitter, Facebook, Others To Open Offices In Russia / Wagner Troops Want To Go On "Excursion" To Poland & Explore West - Lukashenko / Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.