Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories (2392 Views)

Israeli Firm To Train Akwa Ibom Indigenes In Automobile Manufacturing / Beware Of Blackmailers, Etteh Warns Akwa Ibom Gov / Akpabio Deported Non-akwa Ibom Indigenes To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=18pt]Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories[/size]

Akwa Ibom indigenes in the Diaspora have been urged to be wary of servings about the state in internet fora as most of the presentations are false and aimed at inciting the people against government.

Governor Godswill Akpabio gave the advice while addressing the first congress of Akwa Ibom people residing and doing business in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Akpabio explained that those who are against the home government are now resorting to blackmail and insults on the web having failed to find a favourable audience at home.

The governor said that those in opposition, who cannot rubbish the government's development efforts because of its apparent nature, are now using the cyberspace to blackmail it and confuse the people on the goings-on in the state.

While explaining the motive behind the spate of attacks on the government on local community websites, Akpabio pointed out that the state government recognises the right of the people to hold opinions.

He however emphasised that such presentations, especially through such media, should be based on facts.

He said ordinarily government would not be bothered by such presentations as they are deliberately meant to distract it from its focus

He said it was necessary to offer the explanation so that those who did not have the privilege of visiting home might not take them for facts.

Secretary to the State Government, Umana Okon Umana, had earlier on Saturday at the stakeholders' forum, which he chaired at the Castle Green Community Centre in Daghenam, East London, made similar explanations when the people sought to know about the infrastructural development effort of the present administration in the state as against what they read in community interactive websites.

Former military governor of the state, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga (rtd), who also spoke on the issue, apparently because of its destrucitve nature, suggested that since the medium has become a veritable avenue for spin-doctors, the state government should consider opening a liaison office in the UK, for the benefit of those who seek authentic information about the state.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201008040365.html
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by MaziUche0(m): 2:34am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-Idi,

I wonder if you could point this state out on the map? grin

Do you know the ethnic makeup of the state that you are posting about?
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ileke-Idi,

I wonder if you could point this state out on the map? grin

Do you know the ethnic makeup of the state that you are posting about?

I was hoping you could tutor me privately.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by THEAMAKA(f): 2:51am On Aug 05, 2010
lmfao, i wanna go to Uyo sef.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by 1Naira(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2010
Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories
What this governor needs to answer or the missing Questions are:
[list]
[li]
Why is there so much insecurity in the state.

Why is it that Akwa Ibom Professionals feel it best to stay out of the state for fear of Nappers or assassination.

Why does the Governor spend most of his time in Abuja rather than Uyo his sit of Government.

The Millions given to the kidnapped journalist (Later rescued) what was that all about.[/li]

[/list]

Former military governor of the state, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga (rtd), who also spoke on the issue, apparently because of its destrucitve nature, suggested that since the medium has become a veritable avenue for spin-doctors, the state government should consider opening a liaison office in the UK, for the benefit of those who seek authentic information about the state.

"Idongesit Nkanga" When did this man become a UK resident? It is not sad enough that you spend your time in lobbys awaiting your new master for your Monthly allowance of 500k now your on the entourage to the UK asking questions as if you are UK resident?

[list]
[li]This thing with a liaison office, is this the proposed new scam to syphon the peoples money funds.

What is the point of a liaison office the there is the Nigerian High Commission.

These are the missing Questions.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Nuriel22: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2010
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by johnwell(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2010
This Commander-in-chief-of-kidnappers should be worried about the level of insecurity in the state, not online news.

In addition, The said UK office; Akwa Ibom State now wants to have their own Embasey and the Ambasador will be Amb. Idongesit Nkanga (Esq).

Confused state, lol
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Aidee1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
akpabio shd consider the level of insecurity in the state, and leave web posts to those that knw hw to do it bst,
i wonder if he now lacks administrative 'gymnastics' that he now kws all the bad image of akwa ibom on net,
opposition will always come my brother, ,bt why not see hw to unify forces,put in energy, kip a lastin impression and leave matta for Mathias,
see! all of you will give account to baba God one day!!!!!!

i now wonder wen the amiable idongesit became a special adviser 'on open waves'
you ppl wont stop wont stop to amuse miiiii,
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by bibiking1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
Akpabio obviously is more in love with gradiouse fairy tales and self-delusion than the greatest mapster ever to dorn nairaland! (And thats a bad thing)
Instead of cleaning up the mess we blame the floor for making it obvious!
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by becomrich3: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2010
Why is the akwa ibom state govt scared. Dont worry, I would post the satellite pictures of Akwa ibom and you see some of the scam going on in nigeria. Osun state is more populated than akwa ibom. And I would show you.

Is there oil on land in Akwa Ibom state. Please call every northerner you know. You are about to get the shock of your life.  While Northerners think they are scam or 419 southerners. southerner too are 419 the north.   The pictures are real. And all citizen of akwa ibom can please oppose me from anywhere.  Is there oil on land in Akwa ibom state?? If you have high blood presure and a northerner please get your doctor readys by your side before you see the satellite pictures of akwa ibom state. Like everywhere in nigeria. everybody is 419. I would be back.

The north trys to 419 the south, the south too na 419. Ogbologbo meet Ogbologbo. Mugu catch mugu. All because you people do not want the north to shout "Araba". After 40 years of drill oil. can there still be oil. Why are companies sacking oil workers. Platform are becoming empty
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by akwaowoudo(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
Proof of pudding! Is it Akwa Ibom State or Akwa Ibak State?
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by akwaowoudo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
Proof of pudding! Is it Akwa Ibom State or Akwa Ibak State?
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by titsqueez(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2010
Erm, off topic, is there a meeting of Akwa Ibomites in London? if so pls where and when.

back to topic: f'uk Akpabio for promising so much and delivering a flyover
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Raimond(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2010
Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State is the biggest thief in Nigeria
Jump to Comments

Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State is the biggest thief in Nigeria. Since becoming a governor in May, 2007, Akwa Ibom State has earned over N1.5 trillion from oil allocations and internally generated revenue. Other than a few killometer of roads, some of which he has built at N1billion per kilometer, there is nothing in the State that Akpabio can boast of as using the money to do. Now, he wants a second-term. God forbid!

The biggest complaints to anyone who visit Akwa Ibom State now is certainly going to hear from the masses is that the masses are hungry. How can hunger be a big issue in a State which brings in more money per month than all the Northern States combined? And in case anyone who reads this begins to wonder where all the money goes, all one has to do is visit Akwa Ibom State.

The landscape of Uyo, for instance, has become an eye sore from ugly billboards with the dumb faces of Akpabio adorned everywhere. That is where the money goes. Every day we hear organizations splintering everywhere with “support Godswill Akpaio” slogan on everyone’s lip. That is another wasteful conduit because Akpabio will use the people’s money to fund all these groups, as long as they continue to sing his praises, a task, which those organizations are doing very well, anyway.

Another conduit for the waste is what seems like Akpabio’s constant bribe of federal officials in Abuja. He bribes federal officials to protect him from possible moves towards impeachment for his wrong conducts. Just last week, the States’ Commissioner of Police, Mr. Walter Rugbere, was summoned to Abuja. After the meeting with his boss, sources said Rugbere was told to wait for information on his re-assignment out of Akwa Ibom State. As soon as he returned to Akwa Ibom and cried to Governor Akpabio, Akpbio flew to Abuja with bags full of money to pay-off whoever is supposed to effect the transfer of Rugbere out of Akwa Ibom State.

In case anyone wonders why Rugbere does not want to leave Akwa Ibom State; Akpabio has given Rugbere so much money that Rugbere, who came to Akwa Ibom with nothing, is now reported to own several landed properties both in Akwa Ibom and beyond. As of this writing, Walter Rugbere is probably the richest Police Commissioner in Nigeria.

In exchange, Rugbere makes sure that he protects Akpabio from any crime committed in Akwa Ibom State on and in his behalf by his supporters, mostly his personal assistants, aides, and Commissioners. If no one believes me, just ask Walter Rugbere how many kidnappers have been charged to and convicted in any court of law, since he took over as the Commissioner of Police in Akwa Ibom State. Yet, kidnapping is a crime committed daily in the State. Because the crime is committed by people who work in Akpabio’s administration, Walter Rugbere does not want to offend his sources of income by charging the culprits to court.

With so much stealing and so much laundering of the people’s money, how can anyone in his right mind wants to support such a leader? That is why I shout that governor Akpabio Must Go and Akpabio Will Go, it’s just a matter of time. And I will continue to shout until the very day he leaves, which is just months away.

Thompson Essien

The Voice of the Poor Masses

Defender of the Oppressed

Social Critic

A native of Ibibio nation of Ubium Republic extraction, now living in the safe and beautiful city of Portland, Oregon, where no AKPF, ADUMA, ADV, and Akwa Ibom State politicians can reach.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by tempest01(m): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
becomrich3:

Why is the akwa ibom state govt scared. Dont worry, I would post the satellite pictures of Akwa ibom and you see some of the scam going on in nigeria. Osun state is more populated than akwa ibom. And I would show you.

Is there oil on land in Akwa Ibom state. Please call every northerner you know. You are about to get the shock of your life.  While Northerners think they are scam or 419 southerners. southerner too are 419 the north.   The pictures are real. And all citizen of akwa ibom can please oppose me from anywhere.  Is there oil on land in Akwa ibom state?? If you have high blood presure and a northerner please get your doctor readys by your side before you see the satellite pictures of akwa ibom state. Like everywhere in nigeria. everybody is 419. I would be back.

The north trys to 419 the south, the south too na 419. Ogbologbo meet Ogbologbo. Mugu catch mugu. All because you people do not want the north to shout "Araba". After 40 years of drill oil. can there still be oil. Why are companies sacking oil workers. Platform are becoming empty

What the f*** are u saying, that there is no oil on land means there is no oil in the state. Who owns the resources in the water?? Who owns the resources in the sea bed From land u could see some producing platforms from afar.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2010
Stupid post and poster
becomrich3:

are u osun? n an northern crusade apologist? so what if there's no onshore rig in akwa ibom n osun women see no other purpose in life than being baby making machines.does that then make them more deserving of the oil money.when ur fathers had cocoa money, did they tar even a kilometre road stretch in akwa ibom? didn't they remind our edo n delta brothers they weren't yoruba and shouldn't get any cocoa money but to get out of their skin, hence the creation of mid-western state
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by kaiosama(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2010
Akpabio, are u afraid of critics?, maybe u should consider adopting Dora's re-branding project with the head office in UNITED KINGDOM. shocked shocked
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by Akosbaba(m): 2:48am On Aug 09, 2010
Politicians and their endless battles
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by becomrich3: 5:45am On Aug 09, 2010
careytommy, are you serious, Cocoa money was use to build school in delta and edo state. Did anybody in delta or edo state tell you they never got free education. They got thier free education from cocoa money. Go and ask your father.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by dailydolla4u(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2010
Every rumor has an atom of truth. As an indigen of Akwa-ibom, we ve  right air our view, in any avalable medium INTERNET inclusive. He ( Gov. Akpabio is trinig in the road construction. But that is not the reason he or we should say Akwa Ibom is OK! Akwa-Ibom is OK 4what is it 4 industry and companies he has establish? Or is it 4 masses employment of d youth. Or Akwa-Ibom is OK 4 tied security of d state . We need secure state with investmet friendly  laws and incentive for investors to come and invest in every part of d state. We even development in all part of d state. As am typing this i don't see anything he is doing in ETINAN.
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by ikeyman00(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@

fooolishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Akpabio

s tu pid man
Re: Akpabio Warns Akwa Ibom Indigenes Against Website Stories by favouredjb(f): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2010
Abeg apkabio should be worried stiff about the spate of insecurity and kidnapping in that state,wetin concern agbero wit ovaload?

(1) (Reply)

Video: President Nnamdi Azikiwe Speaking About Military President Aguiyi Iron / Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family / APGA GUBER Primaries- Delegates are still voting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.