Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra (2383 Views)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Northern Senators Over Nigeria's Unity. Photos / Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" / A Call For Peace And Unity From Our Igbo Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by vascable: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, has dismissed any potential threat to Nigeria’s unity as a result of the activities of some pro-Biafra group.

General Gowon, who noted that Nigerians have put behind them the ugly memories of the 1967 civil war, pointed out that those behind the protests were youths who have no idea what the war cost Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1vD997HKk
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sunny12345679: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2015
Some one should tell gowon that the world has outgrown the era of conventional war just like the previous. We are already at war with nigeria, and there won't be blood to shed like before. By God grace we are winning.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2015
That is the fact, Kunu abi watin dem call am doesn't know what the likes of Achebe and Ojukwu experienced. The amalgamation is a marriage and it's for BETTER for WORSE
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by seangy4konji: 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
Don't warn them.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by vascable: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2015
cc: seun, lalasticlala
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by nonsom(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
YAKUBU GOWON YOUTHS ARE NOT PROTESTING FOR WAR, BUT FOR BIAFRA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Gowon should keep quiet. Fulani is destroying lives and properties on Plateau on daily basis and yet he is not fighting them, he only wake up when Biafra issue is discussed God will keep him alive to see Biafra be an independent state and he will then die of heart attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by vascable: 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
war takes awya a part of u tht u will never get back as long as u live.. Biafra is better off left alone.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Gowon should keep quiet. Fulani is destroying lives and properties on Plateau on daily basis and yet he is not fighting them, he only wake up when Biafra issue is discussed God will keep him alive to see Biafra be an independent state and he will then die of heart attack

Look at this old man called Peter okwong. Are you not ashamed of ya self? All ya mates have achieve something good with their lives, but you, you are on Nairaland doing what? Spewing trash on a daily basis.

Smh.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by Maxi112: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Gowon should take a back sit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by Warlord3000(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2015
Wonderful elder stateman
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sandraokosun1: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2015
sunny12345679:
Some one should tell gowon that the world has outgrown the era of conventional war just like the previous. We are already at war with nigeria, and their won't be blood to shed like before. By God grace we are winning.
with kanu in jail
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by vascable: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2015
I think is high time i talk about all this #Biafra ish that has been going on for some time now, for me the Igbo's should please be wise and forget this there Biafra stuff and there plan of going to war and lets all put hands and make Nigeria a better place.

Lemme tell u, That is the fact, Kanu abi watin dem call am doesn't know what the likes of Achebe and Ojukwu experienced. The amalgamation is a marriage and it's for BETTER for WORSE, even the fool uses Nigerian Passport whenever his outside the shores of Britain and the youth baking this up are doing this out of ignorance, youths who doesnt know wah it means to pull the trigger or to take a life. they dont know that every single life u take, takes away something from u that u will never get back.

The worst is that most of this youths didnt even see the 1967 civil war, Nigeria as it is now have alot of problems now and cant afford to have another, those behind the protests are youths who have no idea what the war cost Nigerians.

Me i have said my own ooo, if u like go ahead with the war, see me have International PassPort, if e just start u wont see me or my girl ooo cheesy tongue (or were u thinking i will leave her behind :/ )

#BeWiseBiafrians
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sandraokosun1: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
thats cos biafra is the easiest pie to chew. U dont knw the enthuisiam the north get when they get the go ahead to crush igbo, but igbo and pdp keeping zoning to them, worship their dic.k
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sunny12345679: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2015
sandraokosun1:
with kanu in jail
my brother, if you play chess you will understand what I mean. It is call strategy. If nigeria government did not fall to this cheap bait, little will be said about biafra in nigeria and around the world today.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sunny12345679: 11:37am On Oct 29, 2015
nonsom:
YAKUBU GOWON YOUTHS ARE NOT PROTESTING FOR WAR, BUT FOR BIAFRA.
abeg tell that man Jare...
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sandraokosun1: 11:53am On Oct 29, 2015
sunny12345679:
my brother, if you play chess you will understand what I mean. It is call strategy. If nigeria government did not fall to this cheap bait, little will be said about biafra in nigeria and around the world today.
lol and what have been done to the fg by ths strategy
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by wordcat(m): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2015
And what's his take concerning what the Fulanis are doing to his people; I thought Charity they said begins at home?

Why worrying for Biafra while your brothers and sisters are been massacred day in day out by the fulanis.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sunny12345679: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2015
sandraokosun1:
lol and what have been done to the fg by ths strategy
it has made the quest for biafra more popular around the world all thanks to your president
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by sandraokosun1: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
sunny12345679:
it has made the quest for biafra more popular around the world all thanks to your president
biaf rag is just an online exictment by the jobless to get busy. I only read the rubbish of it here just to ease boredom and laugh at comments. The serious u attach to it makes it more of a joke. When fg was ignoring the terriost inciter u people said it was scared, when it puts the albino in chains, u say the talk wasnt serious b4 that the fg is nw making it big. Since it has "gone big" how many nations or indivuals have cared. Apart frm twitter post a few post just to get off the biafrags disturbing them. They make tweet no different frm kim kardashan, tweets are where u post stupid irrelevant things. If they are serious u see a statement/broadcast to the nig fg, but they cant do that they are presently graping with terrorism and knw what nig is facing with terrorist. They wont aid a group inciting a state
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by juman(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
One nigeria failed to become a sensible country, so there is possibility of division.
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by kettykin: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gowon should face the fulani herdsmen invasion of the middle belt and the bokoharam threat rather waste his bile on biafra
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by vascable: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
kettykin:
Gowon should face the fulani herdsmen invasion of the middle belt and the bokoharam threat rather waste his bile on biafra

Abi.. lol
Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
kettykin:

Re: Yakubu Gowon, Has Dismissed Any Potential Threat To Nigeria’s Unity From Biafra by Chiaka(f): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
....and you are on Nairaland doing what Has he Gowon ever addressed the issue of Fulani Herdsmen?? Hypocrisy Mtchw!!

IdisuleOurOwn:

Look at this old man called Peter okwong. Are you not ashamed of ya self? All ya mates have achieve something good with their lives, but you, you are on Nairaland doing what? Spewing trash on a daily basis.

Smh.

(1) (Reply)

BBC: Should New Calls For Biafra referendum Worry Nigerians? / See Why A Buhari Supporter Was Hailing The President (PHOTO) / PHOTOS: President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.