Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

"Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) (39580 Views)

Alfa Ekele, Nigerian Aviation Student Dies In Plane Crash At US Airport (Photo) / Man Raises Concern Over Cracked Basement Pillar At The Lagos Airport (Photo) / See Travel Chaos Caused by Drone At Gatwick Airport, Army Called (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by brainhgeek(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
Is that not one of the 6 airports owned by Nigeria's Adebayo Ogunlesi?
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
kunleweb:
Thrash.couldn't the airforce be summoned to shoot down the gizmo.instead of suffering.over a 100000people and suspending business operations?
It wasn't just two, the op report is incomplete.
The drones were coming and going, but there was a time two was on the airfield at the same time.
I read it early in the morning, immediately the airport was cleared for planes to land, another drone came in. They are trying to figure out where it is coming from.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
they try
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Solomon21746: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
[sup][/sup]
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Baroba(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

I tire for Oyinbo people ehn.
How you go shutdown airport because of just two drones.. Nawa o undecided

Because they value human lives, health and safety is something you don play with in UK, it's backed by law to protect its citizens.. I wish my beloved country can say the same..
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by kunleweb: 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

It wasn't just two, the op report is incomplete.
The drones were coming and going, but there was a time two was on the airfield at the same time.
I read it early in the morning, immediately the airport was cleared for planes to land, another drone came in. They are trying to figure out where it is coming from.

By scanning their broadcast frequencies and tracing the route it coukd have been easily tracked.men i wont use five.minutes to deal with that shii. Reverse-track it,shoot it down,go aftrr the perpetrators finidh
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by RealityShot: 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
FRoosevelt:
It's simple. Remotely hack into the drones using a Trojan and hijack their control terminals.

Crash them into a rock and everyone's fine.
that or old school Anti Air missiles..

Or fighter drones to shoot them down in minutes..

Or use a directional EMP device to fry their electronics in a split second..

England are really telling us they never saw this possiblity before now, really? But they have 1 million check boxes in the Visa application systems! Dumb!

1 Like

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by kunleweb: 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
Baroba:

Because they value human lives, health and safety is something you don play with in UK, it's backed by law to protect its citizens.. I wish my beloved country can say the same..

If they valued human.lives then shooting the drones in the air would have been the best decision.what if it carried a chemical substancr?harmful

1 Like

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by kunleweb: 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
RealityShot:
that or old school Anti Air missiles..

Or fighter drones to shoot them down in minutes..

Or use a directional EMP device to fry their electronics in a split second..

England are really telling us they never saw this possiblity before now, really? But they have 1 million check boxes in the Visa application systems! Dumb!

Trur but not an EMP

That will.shut down 70% of the airport mahinery,gqdgets,devices and induce panic movemrnts that will lead.to lose of many lives

1 Like

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
FRoosevelt:
It's simple. Remotely hack into the drones using a Trojan and hijack their control terminals.

Crash them into a rock and everyone's fine.
lolz. you've been seeing too many movies

1 Like

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2018
PerfectlyPerfect:
lolz. you've been seeing too many movies
wink
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by RealityShot: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
kunleweb:

True but not an EMP

That will shut down 70% of the airport mahinery, gadgets, devices and induce panic movemrnts that will lead to lose of many lives
thats why i said "a directional EMP"

lol....if they use a standard EMP device, well, i will deny them O...lol
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by kunleweb: 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
RealityShot:
thats why i said "a directional EMP"

lol....if they use a standard EMP device, well, i will deny them O...lol

Ok. Laser guided devices can do the trick. Miniature inventions are making the world unsafe
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by BrokenCock: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
kunleweb:
Thrash.couldn't the airforce be summoned to shoot down the gizmo.instead of suffering.over a 100000people and suspending business operations?
You think you think well?
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by LabuleofNigeria: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
I am very sure that this might one day cause series of Plane crashes in Nigeria with many lives lost and no one will still have an idea of what actually caused the crash.
Black box is always missing.

Nigerian authorities don't learn from happenings around the world.
all they do is party-campaign, party-porting, and party-blaming
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Psoul(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
So they couldn't control two tiny drones, they had to shut down airport activities for over 12 hours, who is the idiot here?

That is where security and life of citizens matter to the government.

Do u know who is flying those drones? Do u know the info dey have gathered concerning the airport and the travelers? Are they terrorists or other criminals or just researchers?

The airport authority and the security must make sure they disorganize any info gathered for the safety of the travelers. The travelers will understand and appreciate the delay cos they knw that the authority there really cares for them.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by sheyoroniyen(m): 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
So they couldn't control two tiny drones, they had to shut down airport activities for over 12 hours, who is the idiot here?

they call it safety protocol....... it might be terrorist attack..........UK is not Nigeria where everything is done anyhow
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
kunleweb:

By scanning their broadcast frequencies and tracing the route it coukd have been easily tracked.men i wont use five.minutes to deal with that shii. Reverse-track it,shoot it down,go aftrr the perpetrators finidh
I'm not tech savvy in respect to such, but I know they have reasons for not shooting it down as it was sighted more than twice.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by fashrola(m): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

Cos security of lives and Property is their top priority over there!!! Not lyk our devil-damned country
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by maklelemakukula(m): 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
it isn't those 'tiny' commercial drones you assume it to be...we are talking highly sophisticated military-grade drones.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by benzzyno(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
. My dear taking care of the drone is not the issue oo... It's taking care of the Intel the drone might have gathered..
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by smileyoo: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
ednut1:
What if Boko begin use drone drop bomb haa
i beg no give boko boys idea. this one wey dem no dey use drone, see how dem dey make nigeria army sweat any how.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
ValCon888:
I wish this can be our problem in naija sad

Na only people wey don chop dey fly drone

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by JuanDeDios: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
Remember what they say about a fly perched on a sensitive part of your body? What would they have done - assuming it's a situation that hadn't previously occured and was so unprepared for? Command them drones to disappear? Won't work. Summon the airforce to shoot them down? That would risk creating incidents of its own!
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by nextstep(m): 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

Because if a drone gets sucked into a plane's engines during takeoff and causes a crash close to the airport... it would somehow be a better outcome than just exercising extra caution?

These drone flyers are careless and are going to encourage government to crack down. There are rules, and rather that just abide, people are flaunting it for personal amusement.

They could also be doing it for nefarious purposes (as some people have already pointed out): casing out the airport for a terror strike...
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by geezynoni: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
dominique:
i think its you o..no offence
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
ValCon888:
I wish this can be our problem in naija sad

Na only people wey don chop dey fly drone

You Don talk am finish Jare
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by AbujaBlue: 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
UK police won't shoot down drones because of the danger of 'STRAY BULLETS'. Chai! When will be the day that Nigerian security forces use such guidance??

ps. OP - Saying 'photo' on title when all we have is a stock picture of a drone is a bit misleading :/

Pics below: Sniper team ready but ordered not to fire + passenger misery.

Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by Samuelking4280(m): 7:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

One of the reasons they are more advanced than the African countries....
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by simeonokah(m): 7:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
This Gatwick airport is owned by a Nigerian called Adebayo ogunlisi
The man who own three airport in UK. He also own London city airport and edenburg airport. His networth is over $10.6B. And he is currently an economic advisory to donald trump.
Re: "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) by ChiefSweetus: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
In total, 760 flights containing 110,000 passengers were due to either take off or land from Gatwick over the course of Thursday.
Good Lord, look at the stats for just one day at London's SECOND busiest airport. We haven't counted Heathrow, Manchester, etc.

Nigeria is finished!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / 14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings / Owu Waterfalls – Kwara State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.