Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! (560 Views)

If Jesus Comes During This Festive Season, Would He Find You Watching? / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / 'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
Because my Master taught me this:

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Luke 12:35-36KJV

Therefore I don't care if Jesus my Master is coming back today or to the next millennium, because my loins are always girded, and my lights are always burning, even as He had commanded me to do, so that anytime He comes I would always be ready and would immediately open the door to Him.

And moreover I don't believe that there should be a particular time when people should be more ready than the other, because I believe that God is a Constant and doesn't change with the seasons, hence that there is no time or season that God deserves any less than He does in another, for I believe that God deserves the best and everything, every time.

For during the days of the first church, Peter said:

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:16-21KJV

So if those were the last days that prophet Joel spoke about, then what shall we call today, which is over two thousand years later?

Yet they still gave God their all, and the kind of sacrifice, obedience, love etc., that He was worthy of, so I don't subscribe to any insinuation the day of the second coming of Jesus or rapture should determine the how much we love God, or not.

For despite that there are those who may need to be warned about this, so that they prepare, and not suddenly get caught unawares by it even as it was with the flood in the days of Noah, it is my own opinion that God always deserves the best and everything, regardless of the time, day, or season.
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Iziq(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
your point exactly is??
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
Fire always burning!
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by theoriginalgood: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
January: Just A New Universe And Real Yahweh
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by okwabayi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
Jesus is too slow. Climate change looks ready to wipe man off Earth before our Lord and saviour can mount his chariot.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2018
theoriginalgood:
January: Just A New Universe And Real Yahweh
Yeah ministerblessed I heard you loud and clear!
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by LordReed(m): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
LoL! The refuge of those who refuse to admit the truth to themselves.
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
No worries!
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Always on my toes!
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 26, 2018
How to wait
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Always ready
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
I don't sweat it
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
Anyday, any time, any moment, we dey kampe.
Re: Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! by Nobody: 9:22am On May 01, 2019
The life of a true Jesus disciple.

(1) (Reply)

2019: TB Joshua Deny Making Any Prophecy On Possible Winner / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Someone Begging You For Food? / Hilarious Conversation Between Pastor And Member During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.