Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari (13177 Views)

Final Statistics Shows Obi Of Labour Party Won Presidential Election With Figmen / NBS Data Show We’re Making Progress – Buhari / NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by engineerboat(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
NBS statistics shows we’re making progress – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari says the recent statistics reeled out by the National Bureau of Statistics shows that his administration is doing well.

Buhari said this on Wednesday during a Gala Night organised by beneficiaries of the government’s Anchor Borrowers Programme held at the State House Conference Centre, Abuja.

The President said this barely hours after the NBS announced that the number of unemployed persons of working age had risen to 20.9 million.

He said that statistics from the NBS has confirmed that his administration’s policies are yielding results.

Buhari said he inherited, “A broken system in the agricultural sector in 2015”.

After hearing testimonies from some rice farmers, the President said, “Seeing your faces and hearing your stories give me hope. Today, we are on the track to achieving an all-inclusive economy.”

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, had said Buhari had ordered the Statistician-General of the NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, to change the high unemployment statistics and reflect the rising rate of employment in the agriculture sector.

Shehu said during a recent meeting with the Federal Executive Council, Kale admitted that the NBS was only focusing on the creation of white collar jobs and not the agriculture sector and the informal sector.

“Rice Producers Association of Nigeria made the open claim and nobody has challenged them up until the time that we speak, that they had created 12 million new jobs,” Shehu had said.

Kale, however, denied ever making such a claim.

The United States Department of Agriculture World Markets and Trade had said last month that Nigeria imported three million metric tons of rice in 2018.

The US report had said the import figure is 400,000 metric tonnes higher than the quantity of the product that was imported in 2017.

The report also stated that Nigeria’s local rice production dropped from 2016 to 2018 compared to the situation in 2015.

https://punchng.com/nbs-statistics-shows-were-making-progress-buhari/

6 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Damsyjay(m): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
Me i cannot see any progress here o

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by abmethod: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2018
don't understand what is happening to me these days I don't get too much likes & comments on my posts. It's as if someone has tempered with my calabash in the village!!!! Can I get some likes to Shame my village people?

Second to comment... Can i get a thousand likes?

168 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Anotii(m): 12:21am On Dec 21, 2018
Pro what? If I hear

12 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by ozaji: 12:33am On Dec 21, 2018
Mr president is this a joke or not. Buhari is not serious

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by FarahAideed: 12:53am On Dec 21, 2018
this man doesnt seem to have the ability to even know when there's a problem

154 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by sorom4: 12:56am On Dec 21, 2018
O yes. The government is really making progress in POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, CORRUPTION, KILLING OF UNARMED PROTESTERS, And all social vices

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by python2gbera: 1:08am On Dec 21, 2018
Agric sector had created 12 million new jobs.

Buhari and progress be like Daddy and Mummy cheesy

-python2

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by jmaine: 5:36am On Dec 21, 2018
After just adding only 200,000 jobs in the last 1 year from the millions of unemployed.. Lolz

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Magalan: 6:06am On Dec 21, 2018
Obviously shehu forgot to tell him he could not manipulate the NBS statistics.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by helinues: 6:10am On Dec 21, 2018
Engineerboat why?

You don port?
Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by slimghost(m): 6:10am On Dec 21, 2018
This man is just a dumb fool. Which progress?.

46 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by engineerboat(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2018
helinues:
Engineerboat why?

You don port?

Haaaaaaaaa

Nibo

Olorun ma je ka a rina ninu kanga

1 Like

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by selectedhero(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2018
I am not surprised. He has always been known for backward progress. 1984 comes to mind.

49 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by helinues: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2018
engineerboat:

Haaaaaaaaa

Nibo

Na so grin
Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Racoon(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2018
Just imagine! A failed president shamelessly glorifying himself with such a frightening statistics of his failed government.One must have a seared conscience to be an APC member.

29 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2018
Yes, according to statistics, Nigeria is making progress.

Mad man !

18 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Kenekingisback: 7:38am On Dec 21, 2018
His understanding means we need a change of fortune next year. Nonsense

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by engineerboat(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2018
helinues:

Na so grin

How can people claim they are making progress

So job loss, poverty, crisis is moving forward according to this lying human being

18 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Highsigher(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2018
FarahAideed:

Will u kip ya buccal cavity shut!!!
Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Highsigher(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2018
engineerboat:

Haaaaaaaaa

Nibo

Kanga indeed.....na by force to write in yoruba ni?
Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by teeytimi: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2018
He is correct, he is used to backward progress.
what can I say unemployment from 17m to 21m means progress to the dullard

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by nameo: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2018
FarahAideed:

This here is the truth.

I wish people will understand what this really means

12 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by nameo: 8:29am On Dec 21, 2018
engineerboat:
NBS statistics shows we’re making progress – Buhari

The United States Department of Agriculture World Markets and Trade had said last month that Nigeria imported three million metric tons of rice in 2018.

The US report had said the import figure is 400,000 metric tonnes higher than the quantity of the product that was imported in 2017.

The report also stated that Nigeria’s local rice production dropped from 2016 to 2018 compared to the situation in 2015.

https://punchng.com/nbs-statistics-shows-were-making-progress-buhari/

I do not yet know where this Govt is getting its 90% rice import reduction figure from

9 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Houseofglam7(f): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2018
We get it.
Everything's not okay with this man undecided

12 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Ayobami7(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2018
义勇军进行

2 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by orisa37: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2018
Jubrin's statistics. The Unemployment Figures of 2017-2019 show a Recession to Depression.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by PStacks(m): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2018
White collar Jobs arent the only way to go.

Agricultural sector is the most important sector of any economy world wide.

1st friday of every month department of labour releases the one most single important economic data in the world that triggers all financial markets.

its called the American Non-Farm Pay roll.

Americans dont look for office jobs ooo.

meanwhile unwind with this upcoming sensational Kano city wonder kid.

lil Ameer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGb1huZeHOw

1 Like

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2018
This man is truly a fool

20 Likes

Re: NBS Statistics Shows We’re Making Progress – Buhari by lonelydora: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2018
The NBS you asked to change to figures.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha Formally Joins APC / Governors Want FG To Hand Over Federal Roads To States / Nigeria Set For Highest Oil Exports To Europe In 7 Months (Dailytrust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.