Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech (21912 Views)

Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Speech (Full Text) / PEPT: Bola Tinubu Claims In His Final Written Address That He Got 25% In FCT / LIVE FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Obi, At 2019 Election Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

sure

That place na "Slaughter Zone" cheesy cheesy
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
deji17:
Facts about Extremely Poor Nigerians!

- OBJ/ ATIKU met extremely poor at 64 million in 1999 & took it to 85 million in 8yrs.
- Jonathan got it to over 112 million by 2012.
- Buhari has brought it down to less than 88 million.

Nigeria's population in poverty
1980: 17.1 million
1985: 34.7 million
1992: 39.2 million
1996: 67.1 million
2004: 68.7 million
2010: 112.47 million
Source: Nigeria's National Bureau of Statistics

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873
Where Are You From
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
Randy91:

That place na "Slaughter Zone" cheesy cheesy

Make them no slaughter me oh
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by donphiilopus(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
QuotaSystem:

I feel your pain brother, and in honesty you're justified with your decision.

However I want you to know that the fruits (or lack thereof) Ndigbo reaped are a direct result of the EXTREME hatred, antagonism, religious and ethnic bigotry that your brethren directed at Buhari and his kinsmen during the run-up to the 2015 elections and every minute since he won. The attacks were so vicious, hateful and intolerable to the point that a quit notice for your folks had to be issued in the North.

Unfortunately a small minority of Ndigbo who genuinely loved and supported Buhari were affected by the blanket consequences of the indiscretions of the majority of Igbos. Among such are Beremx and Obiageli who were my friends and comrades who campaigned for Buhari during the last elections but have now left him for reasons not far from yours. It hurt me honestly because I knew their doggedness and the sacrifices they made in supporting an unpopular candidate in their region only to be rewarded with the 97/5% phenomenon. I'm sorry that had to happen.

Nevertheless this is no longer a Buhari problem. Until your people get their acts right and stop all the bigotry, hatred, antagonism, blackmail and attacks aimed at the North and South West, they will progressively and increasingly continue to suffer from the deliberate marginalisation, antagonism and victimisation that they accuse PMB of, regardless of whether it's an Osibanjo, Atiku, Sowore or another Buhari administration, because many other Nigerians are now increasingly antagonistic towards Igbos due to their hateful activities since Buhari took power as epitomised by the antics of Nnamdi Cownu.

But is she still on nairaland?
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by QuotaSystem: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
donphiilopus:

But is she still on nairaland?

Not sure really.
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by waveman2: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
All these projects completed and ongoing yet Nigerians are still jobless. Who are the companies handling these contracts. That is why Bill Gates said buhari doesn't, t care about human capital development. I know it's briefcase companies with their foriegn partners handling this projects.
Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by Godblesspmb: 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2018
With this information u guys can see how honest this Man is. In fact it is better i die than not voting for buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by donphiilopus(m): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Not sure really.

Thought as much. Been long I saw her post here.

1 Like

Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by deji17: 12:01am On Dec 22, 2018
donphiilopus:

Thought as much. Been long I saw her post here.
Maybe she is Madam Oby? There are some popular people on Nairaland with Pseudo names. I might be wrong though.

In all honesty, the shout about nepotism and not giving Igbo appointments is also more of blackmail than reality. There are still so many Federal agencies that are headed by Igbo, but the blackmail must go on to get more appointments than those regions that voted Buhari.
Think about it, while Jonathan was the President, there were so many lopsided apointments that skewed towards the Igbos. How else do you balance things without appointing more people from other zones like the SW and the other three Geopolitcal zones in the North?
Yes, there may not be serving security chiefs from SE, but how about the Economy of the country that is dominated by the South? More often than not, objectivity is lacking in their argument that is dominated by lies, sentiments, bias and sometimes blackmail.

And yes, you hit the nail on the head concerning their hatred for Buhari , the North and the South West.
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. You also cannot sow hatred and then reap love in return. Despite the hatreds, Buhari is forging ahead with huge projects in the region. Even more than they got in the 16 years of PDP whom they loved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACT-CHECK: Verifying President Muhammadu Buhari’s Claims In 2019 Budget Speech by Coolgent(m): 12:07am On Dec 22, 2018
This project was commissioned in 2007

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust / INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Bayelsa, Kogi & Imo Guber Election / FCTA Demolishes Illegal Market Allegedly Use For Criminal Activities In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.