Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack (8518 Views)

Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by PoliticsNigeria: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The Chairman, Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Chief Okoi Obono Obla on Friday dismissed calls by the House of Representatives for his dismissal as a ploy to derail investigations into corrupt practices.

Obla said recent attacks against him, over an alleged forged WAEC certificate since he commenced investigations into the activities and finances of some senators and members of the House of Representatives, were premeditated.

He said: “The call by the House of Representatives on Mr President to sack me for alleged certificate forgery is hogwash, balderdash and absolute rubbish!

“It is a hatchet job by agents and merchants of corruption and graft that have looted the country for the past 19 years to intimidate, hound and harass me.

“They are agents of looters that I have investigated. Is the house of representatives the police?” he queried in a statement in Lagos.

On the allegation of certificate forgery, Obla stated that he graduated from the university over 30 years ago.

“I left university 30 years ago. I graduated and went to law school. I left Law School in 1990 and was called to Bar in June 1991.

“The university screened me and awarded me a degree after deeming me worthy and after fulfilling the entry requirements.

“I wrote JAMB and scored excellent grades in all the subjects I wrote.

“It is a blackmail contrived by looters and their agents using the House of Representatives,” he said.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Obla has also filed a lawsuit against the House of Representatives over the matter.

He is challenging the power of the House of representatives to conduct such an investigation, adding that the report is a hatchet job with a premeditated mission, illegal and unconstitutional.

According to him, the call for his sack was a reaction to the information released by his panel forwarding the names of those under its investigation to the Nigeria Immigration Service.

He said the information required the Service to implement the travel ban stipulated by the Executive Order No 6 of 2018 for those under trial and investigation for corruption and abuse of office.

“I must be a genius to pass through University and Law School, practice law for more than two decades without a school certificate.

“The whole issue is really laughable but it is sad the extent to which corruption can fight back,” he said.

https://politicsngr.com/hatchet-job-obono-obla-reacts-house-reps-call-sack/

2 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Imortal001: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
Lawbreakers claiming to be lawmaker...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by festacman(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2018
For a moment I thought the headline says "It's a matchet job" and I feared for Obla's head. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Josnac(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
There's zero morality in this administration. These clowns take you to court, and when judgment doesn't suit them, they disobey the court orders...and they are fighting corruption.

Them wey no dey obey court judgments vs their victims who be criminal pass

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Racoon(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
This is always the impulsive psychological reaction to prevaricate in the face of the truth by any indicted person(s) in this APC government.

They are always fast to feign innocence even when caught red-handed as expected of all Nigerian politicians.

Lawal Babachir, Abdulrasheed Maina, Kemi Adeosun, were all defended before their crime still found them out. Oga go defend yourself.WAEC can't lie against you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by techking: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by castrokins(m): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2018
Bla Bla Bla

1 Like

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Markn: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2018
Corruption must fight with very high force....

2 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by obembet(f): 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
Impossibility? No

Not in Nigeria
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by sochima1989(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
Look at what Aaaaatiku wants to come and get working again.
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by JessetariahMD(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
All this thiefs....kipkwayet
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by sochima1989(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
Josnac:
There's zero morality in this administration. These clowns take you to court, and when judgment doesn't suit them, they disobey the court orders...and the are fighting corruption.

Them wey no dey obey court judgments vs their victims who be criminal pass

what is this one saying?

Please push your comment to down

5 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by doctokwus: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
As expected.
They always shout its corruption fighting back.Meanwhile this government has the most corrupt set of appointees in Nigeria's history.
There is no SINGLE appointee of Buhari that will pass a true corruption probe.NO SINGLE ONE.

6 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by zeromeridian: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
This your long grammar is suspicious. why not scan your certificate and shame the Devil.
this administration is full of certificate foggers

5 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Omeokachie: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
The face of a certificate forger

5 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Validated: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
These people like to whip up sentiments. If you have WAEC or passed the examination, why not just show the Certificate?

Even if you built a house 30 years ago, if you are not the owner of the land, you have no house. If your educational foundation is FAKE, every other thing built on the fake foundation remain FAKE.

Sir, instead of whiping up BMC's sentiments on corruption fight, bla, bla, blah ... why not simply show your WAEC?

This press statement would have been avoided if you did the needful ... show your WAEC and shame "detractors".

5 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Josnac(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
sochima1989:

what is this one saying?

Please push your comment to down

If someone sees you now, they would think you have sense abi??
Just keep quiet!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Oweku: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
Na so...

We dey corner dey observe... tongue

Join those who get paid for browsing... Its free.

Just click on my signature below..
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Melody25: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2018
The question is: DID YOU FORGE YOUR CERTIFICATE OR NOT. Thief chasing thieves.
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Melody25: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by codedguy1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
He kept on saying he graduated from the university grin grin grin

Which university?

1 Like

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by 1miccza: 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2018
Validated:
These people like to whip up sentiments. If you have WAEC or passed the examination, why not just show the Certificate?

Even if you built a house 30 years ago, if you are not the owner of the land, you have no house. If your educational foundation is FAKE, every other thing built on the fake foundation remain FAKE.

Sir, instead of whiping up BMC's sentiments on corruption fight, bla, bla, blah ... why not simply show your WAEC?

This press statement would have been avoided if you did the needful ... show your WAEC and shame "detractors".

Abi? if he were to be a job seeker and they asked for any certificate won't he present it?? Yeye pipo...
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by sanerugwei: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
The bobo obolo still did not say anything about his WAEC...

1 Like

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by asobo: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
APC / FOLLOWERS / MEMBERS = SCAMMERS
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Felixv: 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
The NASS members are scared of this man. Funny why would someone who destroyed jamb forge his waec result — sounds stupid to me.

For those who don’t know the history behind this. David Mark has been asked to vacate the government properly he claimed to have bought during the Jonathan era. Ike and others have also been found out.

But instead of these dishonorables defending them selves they want to play dirty. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Scandinavian02: 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
What is really difficult in showing a WAEC certificate?

Between filing a lawsuit against the HoR and producing your WAEC certificate, which is easier?

I am beginning to think that this guy does not have WAEC jor.

2 Likes

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Abbeyme: 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
Just tell me you didn't forge the certificate, I'll believe you.
Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by Superstar007(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2018
Conveniently avoided addressing the WAEC issue. Was just beating around the bush.

1 Like

Re: Obono Obla Reacts To House Of Reps Call For His Sack by hailall: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
Felixv:
The NASS members are scared of this man. Funny why would someone who destroyed jamb forge his waec result — sounds stupid to me.

For those who don’t know the history behind this. David Mark has been asked to vacate the government properly he claimed to have bought during the Jonathan era. Ike and others have also been found out.

But instead of these dishonorables defending them selves they want to play dirty. Lol.

Let him show us his WAEC certificate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(aljazeera) Inside Story - Will Nigeria Violence Spiral Out Of Control? / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan:the Most Foolish Politician In Nigeria / Osinbajo, Falana Okay Journalists’ Coverage Of Virtual Court Hearings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.