Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

When You Refuse To Forgive. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Refuse To Forgive. (5718 Views)

TB Joshua's Burial: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Top Nigerian Pastors Refuse To Attend / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2018
There is a sin that takes many people to Hell and this sin is so hard to notice yet very easy to commit. IT IS CALLED UNFORGIVENESS.

It is very understandable that sometimes in our lives,people hurt us so much that we just find it difficult to forgive them and this gradually develops into bitterness, strong hatred and our soul gradually begins to rot away...

But I have made up my mind to do away with bitterness and to forgive people who hurt me even when they do not ask for forgiveness or deserve it...not for anything else but for my own peace of mind...

Above all,i always forgive people so that GOD will also forgive me of my sins whenever i pray to him because if you do not forgive those who hurt you,GOD will never forgive you of your sins which automatically means that no matter how righteous you may think you are,no matter how diligent you are in the things of GOD,and no matter how deeply you claim to love GOD,you will definitely end up in HELL if you die in your state of unforgiveness because your very own sins are still on you since GOD has not forgiven you too.Mathew 6:14-15.

I pray this minute that the spirit of unforgiveness departs from each and every one of us in Jesus name...AMEN!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
But if for example, someone hits me on the head with a pencil...
And then I forgive the person and I hit my own back with cane
What will happen??

2 Likes

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
Forgiveness goes with repentance and when I say repentance I mean a true one.
In the world we are today, people are looking for who to offend in a way it will lead to financial reward for them, then seek for forgiveness from theor victim so they can escape. Such cases are hard or impossible to forgive.

A typical example is witchcraft or occult manipulation of children for wealth by parents. When the child grows up and starts facing the challenges and realize the problem source it is expected that the child forgives and move on but can we say the parent truly repented or just saving faces?

People are tempting even God in this end time and forgiveness is no longer a simple thing.

To me if everyone just forgive and move on then the evil doers will be encouraged to target more good people.

5 Likes

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by oluwatosink: 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2018
Amen..
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by LuciferCatholic: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
Stupid post

*spits angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
LuciferCatholic:
Stupid post

*spits angry

What does one expect from Lucifer?

4 Likes

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
CodeSapien:
Forgiveness goes with repentance and when I say repentance I mean a true one.
In the world we are today, people are looking for who to offend in a way it will lead to financial reward for them, then seek for forgiveness from theor victim so they can escape. Such cases are hard or impossible to forgive.

A typical example is witchcraft or occult manipulation of children for wealth by parents. When the child grows up and starts facing the challenges and realize the problem source it is expected that the child forgives and move on but can we say the parent truly repented or just saving faces?

People are tempting even God in this end time and forgiveness is no longer a simple thing.

To me if everyone just forgive and move on then the evil doers will be encouraged to target more good people.

Bro nah true you yarn but it is what it is...WE ARE ASKED TO FORGIVE.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by giftygirl1(f): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2018
You are a good man. May God continue to bless you. you are one of the reasons I come to Nairaland. You words always speak to my soul. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2018
giftygirl1:
You are a good man. May God continue to bless you. you are one of the reasons I come to Nairaland. You words always speak to my soul. Thank you!

Awwww! I'm inspired. GOD BLESS YOU MA and may Jehovah grant us the power to win the kingdom race in Jesus name..ANEN

Lalasticlala happy sunday and thank you for beaming these soul saving threads bro...believe it or not, GOD is giving you the credit as a soul winner simply because you contribute to making many people see these soul saving threads regardless of the fact that you are only acting your role as a super mod. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BRO.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by emmabest2000(m): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2018
Forgiveness is not enough without forgetting

You have to forgive and forget grin

Meanwhile sometimes it’s not what we see that matters shocked

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Tunasco4u(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2018
OK
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by NotBeenPaid: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2018

We've been so intolerant amongst ourselves as a nation hence the mess we've found ourselves.

We don't forgive.

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Oweku: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2018
Forgiveness is of God.. A times it extremely hard to forgive..

We bee the help of God to forgive, expecially when the crime committed by that person involves death of our love one's..

Meanwhile click my signature below and start earning as u re browsing the Internet.. Its free. The browser pays you for browsing.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by morikee: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2018
Forgiveness is the key to been successful and less worries in Life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by pawesome(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

What will happen??
see primary school taughts grin

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2018
emmabest2000:

As humans it may be extremely difficult to forget but because we have forgave, we won't feel any bitterness.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by CheapDataGuy: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2018
grin
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by tabithababy(f): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2018
Toks2008:
There is a sin that takes many people to Hell and this sin is so hard to notice yet very easy to commit. IT IS CALLED UNFORGIVENESS.

It is very understandable that sometimes in our lives,people hurt us so much that we just find it difficult to forgive them and this gradually develops into bitterness, strong hatred and our soul gradually begins to rot away...

But I have made up my mind to do away with bitterness and to forgive people who hurt me even when they do not ask for forgiveness or deserve it...not for anything else but for my own peace of mind...

Above all,i always forgive people so that GOD will also forgive me of my sins whenever i pray to him because if you do not forgive those who hurt you,GOD will never forgive you of your sins which automatically means that no matter how righteous you may think you are,no matter how diligent you are in the things of GOD,and no matter how deeply you claim to love GOD,you will definitely end up in HELL if you die in your state of unforgiveness because your very own sins are still on you since GOD has not forgiven you too.Mathew 6:14-15.

I pray this minute that the spirit of unforgiveness departs from each and every one of us in Jesus name...AMEN!

Can you forgive a cheating wife

Yes or no

Dont type epistle o
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by tabithababy(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

What will happen??

The person will also forgive you nah cheesy
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by aariwa(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2018
Toks2008:

Very true
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by AllenSpencer: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2018
Forgiveness is a sin!

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 10:57am On Dec 23, 2018
tabithababy:

Can you forgive a cheating wife

Yes or no

Dont type epistle o

YES I CAN and even if we can no longer remain as a couple I will still forgive her.

From personal experience...i had an ex who left me for reasons she is even confused about, came back after 3years and I forgave her totally even when I knew she has probably been with other guys. Just that due to circumstances beyond our control we could no longer be together but till date I have no bitterness against her.

See bro..sex is what it is...SEX..a momentary act which anyone can fall for.

If you love your wife dearly and she falls into the act of adultery AND SHE IS REMORSEFUL ABOUT IT. Please give her another chance...WHY?

Logically speaking..this is a woman you love and if you ask her to go against all odds she will but you have only pushed her to that man to really have her entirely and he will really calm down to do her with reckless impunity and does that mean your next woman will be better than your wife? Do you even know how many waters the new woman has swam across?

Except you never loved your wife then you can divorce her but still forgive her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by EpicNigerian(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2018
How does one forgive he who repeatedly hurts them?
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by great15: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2018
A
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2018
EpicNigerian:
How does one forgive he who repeatedly hurts them?

How does GOD forgive you who repeatedly hurt him by sinning?

Well Jesus has asked us to forgive anyone who sins against us 490 times

Matthew 18:21-22

21 Then Peter came to Him and asked, “Lord, how many times will my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered him, “I say to you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven.

See bro, there is an eternal strong condition attached which is why we can't even afford to be unforgiven.

If you don't forgive those who sins against You, don't bother praying to GOD FOR FORGIVENESS cos it's a total waste of your time.

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2018
They are things human we humans can't forgive

First of all how do you forgive someone that do not ask for forgiveness? It becomes more difficult

I have a sibling I can never in my life forgive and I can never seek favor from him even if I'm at the point of death, I rather die than do such

2 Likes

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Ay04z(m): 11:58am On Dec 23, 2018
Yuletide25:
They are things human we humans can't forgive

First of all how do you forgive someone that do not ask for forgiveness? It becomes more difficult

I have a sibling I can never in my life forgive and I can never seek favor from him even if I'm at the point of death, I rather die than do such wat if he need ur help at the point of death. ?

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ay04z:
[/quote][quote author=Yuletide25 post=74097646]They are things human we humans can't forgive

I have a sibling I can never in my life forgive and I can never seek favor from him even if I'm at the point of death, I rather die than do such

You asked if we Can we forgive a person who doesn’t think he’s done wrong and we think he has, or if he doesn’t ask for any forgiveness?

The answer is we can and we must.

We must do our part in the forgiveness. This is what Jesus meant, I think, when he said, “Love your enemies . . . bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you” (Luke 6:27–28).

They are still our enemies because they have not asked for any forgiveness, and they don’t think they need any.

We are to bless them, and that blessing means that our part of the inward forgiveness has happened. The opposite of forgiveness is holding a grudge, but blessing is the opposite of holding a grudge, and so blessing is a kind of forgiving.

Please forgive that person for your own sake even when that person feels there is no need to apologise.

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by charlsecy(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
emmabest2000:

Forgetting is a memory problem - amnesia.
Medical checkup is in order.

Forgiveness is emulable.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by femi4: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
emmabest2000:

forgiveness without forgetting is forgiveness in progress. There is no recall in TOTAL forgiveness

When you open a new page of a book, old pages were torn not folded
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Samogbo1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
I forgive easily bt i dnt forgt.

I cant gv u a 2nd chance to hurt me further...
Thus, we aint enemies.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Reelmii: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
giftygirl1:
he is the reason u are on this platform yet u are not following him.

women and deceit

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are You Really Going To Church Today? / Kissing Hanks Ass: A Look At Religious Thinking / Unbelief: The Sin That Hinders Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.